View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 English Jumps Schedule 
Handicapper

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:45 pm
Selling plater

Can I try your schedule please panther ...actually still playing your last :wink: bigdave22@live.co.uk thanking you

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm
Selling plater

sigone1005@ntlworld.com
Merry xmas and a happy new year to you panther, oh sorry and everyone else too :lol:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 pm
Selling plater

could you please send me your schedule as well? 8)

Many thans! principino1@gmail.com

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 pm
Handicapper

Oh dear started a new jumps only game after doing a new install of SO4 and the schedule comes out all wrong after installing Panther's new schedule.
It has got the Grand National in november and most of Gold cup meeting split up between Oct and Nov.
Did not look any further than that as it is obviously wrong and I followed the instructions exactly.

Bill

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:10 pm
Handicapper

Sorry my mistake I did it wrong even following instructions :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bill

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:11 pm
Group 1 winner

That's the files sent to the other people that have requested it, and re-sent to those that didn't receive it first time around. If anyone's still having problems with it, I will reply to their e-mails this evening, as I'm off to work just now.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:16 am
Group 3 winner

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wouldn't it be easier for you to link your jumps schedule to a download site so you don't have to keep e-mailing it out to everybody that wants it?
Happy xmas to everybody. :D

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:08 am
Group 1 winner

panther wouldn't it be easier for you to link your jumps schedule to a download site so you don't have to keep e-mailing it out to everybody that wants it?

Yeah, I will do that, or alternatively e-mail it to Mark to that he can make it available to download for anybody else that wants it.

In a few weeks, I will probably release an update with updated prize money for certain races towards the end of the season (this should still be compatible with any existing games that have been started using the current version though).

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:48 am
Group 1 winner

Further to my earlier post, just wanted to say a few more things about the schedule, as I've had a few e-mails asking about things I've added/not added etc.

First Few Seasons

As with any schedule (including the default schedules), it takes maybe 3 or 4 seasons for the AI to start working to full effect, so I'd say it maybe takes that long for the schedule to reach a higher level of realism in terms of which horses are being declared for which races. This will probably be most notable in handicaps (for example, you might get a couple of weaker years in the Grand National, but after a few seasons the fields will get much stronger in these races - this has been tested).

Triumph Hurdle

I haven't included the Triumph Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival, as I have opted not to include any juvenile hurdles. When you include this race, it performs exactly the same function as the Supreme Novices' Hurdle (which, after a couple of seasons the AI in the game will fill with 4yo only) and usually just weakens both races. I thought it better to leave the Supreme in there, as at least it allows you to put your own holder horses in, rather than just the 4yo in the Triumph. The Triumph Hurdle and all other notable juvenile hurdles are available in the showcases files should anyone wish to add them.

Race Order

Generally, the race order at most meetings is as per real life, but I've changed a couple of things at the Cheltenham Festival. Firstly, on day two I moved the National Hunt Chase to a later slot, so that the RSA Chase gets a stronger field, and I replaced the Triumph Hurdle on day four with the Martin Pipe H'cap Hurdle (which is technically for conditional riders in real life, but I wanted to stick with six races each day).

Novices' Races in February

You'll note that there's a few extra feature novices' races in February (these are all based on real life races) as well as the more established races. These are purely in there to act as preps for the main novices' races at the Cheltenham Festival, otherwise the strength of those races (in particular the hurdles) can be quite weak. The preps do help a fair bit most seasons.

New Races

You'll note that there are some new races included. The Golden Miller Novices' Chase at Cheltenham is a new Grade 2 for 2011 at the Festival (it replaces the Jewson Novices' H'cap Chase and will still have the same sponsor, but Golden Miller is its registered name). Also, there's the Swinley Chase (Ltd H'cap) at Ascot in February, a new race that replaces the CGA Chase which used to be held at Wincanton on the same day. And finally, the Haydock Gold Cup in February is being changed to the Grand National Trial from 2011, and I've used the new name in the schedule.

Sponsors' Names

Generally, I've gone for the registered names of races wherever possible, but obviously in jumps racing many races are known better by their sponsored name. So, when this is the case (such as with the Betfair Chase, Victor Chandler Chase etc) I've used the sponsors' name, otherwise I've gone with the registered name. I've used the registered names for all the graded novice events.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 am
Group 1 winner

Just noticed another strange thing that the game seems to do. For any race that has the word "group" in the title, such as the Byrne Group Plate at Cheltenham, the game switches the word 'group' for the word 'grade'! I can only assume this is something to do with the fact that the jumps have graded races instead of group races, and Mark has programmed it to automatically change that word in the jumps game.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:45 am
Handicapper

Could you email me a copy please Panther??? bazdev@msn.com

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:56 pm
Handicapper

Could you please email me a copy panther daveyboyderby@hotmail.co.uk

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next