View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 How to increase country horse pool? 
Group 1 winner

Post How to increase country horse pool?
Hi all,

I play the Australian game and in my schedule I would like to add more HK and Dubai races.

Is there a way to actually increase the horse pool for these races that are racing in their own countries?

Thanks

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: How to increase country horse pool?
Go into program files/Starters Orders 6/data/3 (3 is Australia). Open up the sched_f file with notepad. You will see at the top there is Nat spread and then 11 numbers. These 11 numbers denote each of the countries. 1 UK, 2 USA, 3 Aus, 4 Ire, 5 Fra, 6 Jpn, 7 UAE, 8 Ger, 9 Can, 10 NZ, 11 HK. You can alter each of these numbers to either add or delete countries in your game, or to determine the number of horses you want from each country. 0 means no horses, 5 means 5% of the total pool. 5% is the highest you can go. So if you want to exclude UK horses you would have a 0, and if you want to increase the number of HK horses then put it at 5. The host country will have an X in it. I find it best not to have too many countries involved in the game as it limits race sizes in the host country.

Don't forget to back up file before changing, and you will of course need to start a new game.

Also note that you can increase the total number of horses you have in the pool. At the top of the sched f file you will see pool[3500]. Try increasing the number. I have 5500 in my Australian game. Seems to be okay but I am only in my first season of playing. Other players may have a view on optimum pool size.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Alfamann wrote:
0 means no horses, 5 means 5% of the total pool. 5% is the highest you can go. So if you want to exclude UK horses you would have a 0, and if you want to increase the number of HK horses then put it at 5. The host country will have an X in it. I find it best not to have too many countries involved in the game as it limits race sizes in the host country.

If you want 5% of the pool, you need to enter 6.

0 = 0%
1 = 0.5%
2 = 1%
3 = 2%
4 = 3%
5 = 4%
6 = 5%

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Alfamann & Panther!

On a different note what do you feel about the AUS racetracks in game?

I know its only beta but I am a little disappointed.

Cheers

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]