View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Group Fictional Schedule (Help Needed) 

What Track Should Host Year End Championship
Belmont Park (US) 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Santa Anita (US) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Churchill Downs (US) 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Woodbine (Canada) 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Meydan (Dubai) 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
Lingfield (UK) 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
Tokyo (Japan) 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Sha Tin (HK) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 24

Group Fictional Schedule (Help Needed) 
Group 1 winner

Post Group Fictional Schedule (Help Needed)
Alright, so this was an idea thrown around a while back (I think by atigger), where there would be stakes races in a schedule, each with names of horses we raised in the game. So why not get that started. So I made this Google Spreadsheet so we can see all the races that have been already made. I will publish the first schedule once we have 100 races, and then each set of 50 races will then get an update. Hopefully we can have around 500 races so we can have a pretty full schedule, but that will take some time. The good thing, since any course from across the world is able to be used, this schedule can be played for any country. Also, just to make sure there is some variability in the races there are a few rules:
    -You can have unlimited amount of races created by you
    -Names of races are not restricted to horses you've trained
    -Names can be fictional or real (but if real, make sure that there are no in game races with that same name)
    -You cannot have more than 10 G1 races (and no more than 15 G2/G3 races, combined) per every 25 races you have
    -Sum of the purses of your races cannot exceed $15,000,000 US, per every 25 races you have
    -You can select any in-game course in the world; if it is a created course, please post course file in your post

Also, around November/December will be a year end world championship (like a Breeders Cup). The name and location of the championship will be up to vote. If you have any ideas for names of it, post below. The courses chosen for vote are those with both a dirt and turf track.

And any horse that is ranked as one of the best flat horses, will automatically be given a race in its honor. Date, Course, Surface, and Distance, will dependent upon their biggest win (or a course/distance they won on multiple times).

Post your races below (with date, name, course, distance, surface, grade, purse, and restrictions).

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fN1-W1iXhyPLftzmLGfDTtMIMc8ciB8cFkR5ROaIS-M/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by mjtags11 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Group Fictional Schedule
Also, this is both flats and jumps. So feel free to give your best jumps game horses their own races in here too! And names of races don't need to be horses, you can get a race named after yourself too. Feel free to do whatever you like, as long as everything is appropriate.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Group Fictional Schedule
I do need people to tell me which of there horses they would like to see have a race named after them. I can't just fill this schedule with my own horses (well I could but I want to be nice). So please comment below with the races you'd like to add to the group schedule.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Group Fictional Schedule (Help Needed)
The Zapper Classic -1m2f- Lonestar- 500,000 - G1- 3+ D

The Flamethrowintexan Mile-1m- Emerald Downs- 200,000- G2- 3+ D

Monashee Distaff - 1m half furlong- Hastings - 150,000- G3- 3+ FM D

Mtoto Stakes - 1m2f - Sandown - 250,000- G1- 3+ G

Dayjur Super Sprint- 5f - York - 250,000- G1- 3+ G

Drum Taps Stayer Stakes- 2m - Ascot- 150,000- G2 - 4+ G

Old Vic Derby - 1m4f - Curragh - 350,000 - G1 - 3YO G

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Ghostzapper, what dates, grades, purse amounts, age/gender restrictions, and surface would you like for them?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Ghostzapper, what dates, grades, purse amounts, age/gender restrictions, and surface would you like for them?

I'll let u pick where to put them in the calendar.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Don't forget to submit your races! Can't do this schedule without y'all's help!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I did like the block idea as I've just started playing a jumps game and was amazed how each race had some horse (not full, but at least a competitive field). The only problem I had with having the crayons name in front was exceeding the limit, so I decided include a list of races on an excel document that would be included with the download to show who created what race along with which races are part of triple crowns, championships, and etc. of course people could always make block meets themselves. I felt like making this schedule realistic to how the US is run with a few stakes here and there and only very few block meets, but of course things could change. I like the idea of having people choose their purse and stuff so then they don't get too out of control with earnings for horses. I like when they are near realist values ($7 mil over 4 season without winning the Dubai World Cup isn't the most realistic thing...). But idk. I could always change how this will be as time goes on, but first I would need races to fill up the schedule along side it haha!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Here are the races I made for Bowie race course. Dirt only. You could (and I hope you would be kind enough) make the Bowie track.

Three festival type programs. 1st day females. 2nd day males/open. Designed to mimic Bowie's winter track profile. I use these races in my current game. The two 1m-2f 3yo races are my Kentucky Derby prep races of choice for my Derby favorites. The race names are named after Bowie neighborhoods, landmarks and horses who have connections to Bowie.

Late December - 2 year olds

Day1

5,G3,2,F
Bowie:cc_dirt1
Belair Stakes
December
6,G3,2,F
Overbrook Stakes
December
7,G2,2,F
Rockledge Stakes
December
8,G1,2,F
300000,x
Chapel Forge Stakes
December

Day 2

5,G3,2
Idlewild Stakes
December
6,G3,2
Yorktown Stakes
December
7,G2,2
Whitehall Stakes
December
8,G1,2
300000,x
Meadowbrook Stakes
December
6,G3,3UP,FM

Late January - 4 and up

Day 1

8,G3,4UP,FM
Collington Stakes
January
7,G2,4UP,FM
Selima Stakes
January
9,G2,4UP,FM
Foxhill Stakes
January
10,G2,4UP,FM
Buckingham Stakes
January
6,G1,4UP,FM
500000,x
Ogle Stakes
January
12,G1,4UP,FM
500000,x
Queen Mab Stakes
January

Day 2

8,G3,4UP
Kenilworth Stakes
January
7,G2,4UP
Calvert Stakes
January
9,G2,4UP
Somerset Stakes
January
10,G2,4UP
Tulip Grove Stakes
January
6,G1,4UP
500000,x
Tasker Stakes
January
12,G1,4UP
500000,x
Spark Stakes
January

Late February - 3 year olds

Day 1

6,G3,3,F
Faireno Stakes
Febuary
7,G3,3,F
Belair Mansion Stakes
Febuary
8,G2,3,F
S. J. Fitzsimmons Stakes
Febuary
9,G2,3,F
Nashua Stakes
Febuary
10,G1,3,F
750000,x
Gallant Fox Stakes
Febuary

Day2

6,G3,3
Sir Gallahad III Stakes
Febuary
7,G3,3
Belair Stud Stakes
Febuary
8,G2,3
James T. Woodward Stakes
Febuary
9,G2,3
Bowie Stakes
Febuary
10,G1,3
1000000,x
Omaha Stakes
Febuary

I'm using the games misspelling of February. So take notice.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Wow! Bowie would be a super awesome addition! And I was planning on making Bowie for the November course pack release (I remembered how much you liked it). This schedule will probably be released around then too! I'll add them to the schedule when I get a chance.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Alright, so I have an idea of the name of the year end championship, the World Festival of Racing (WFOR for short). All of the races would have WFOR in front of them (ex: WFOR Classic or WFOR Mile). If you have any other suggestions for names, please post below. Maybe you'll have something better (and shorter, or doesn't sound like a radio station) than WFOR. Also, as of right now, the championship seems to be taking place at Lingfield. Unless the vote changes it will be there. However, I will release an updated course file fro where ever it is that includes larger crowds (many of which would be on temporary bleachers), signage that says that it is the championship (so many posters, banners, signs, etc.), and a very nice finish post on the innermost course (see my Flemington), just so the course seems like a championship course. It would not replace the original course, but rather be a separate course (probably located in a separate country than the original just so then it isn't used for regular races, unless there is a way to make the course not be used). So you would still have Lingfield but would also have a course titled WFOR Lingfield (or whatever the championship is called and what course would be used).

And only 17 more races until the first pack will be prepared and released!

Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Don't worry, everything will work out with your schedule (which I am very excited for)
Something I figured out when working on my listed schedule is copying and pasting from Excel makes there be consistency in spelling between both the showcase and schedule files. Since I record all the races in excel first, then copy into the showcase and format to the right way, it saves a lot of time. Basically, after entering each race into the excel file, copy and paste the races into a separate book, reorganize the columns in order by how they are in showcase file (dist, grade, age, gender, money, track, d/t/jmps/hrdls/etc., name, month) and then you'll have everything. Just add in commas and spaces and what not and it will be done. Then you do the same thing with the schedule file cept you just have date, track, the number of the course (none, 2, 3) and the name of the race. It save a lot of time, although a little tedious. And if you have a spelling error at least it will appear in both haha!
I will say though that your method that you use is very similar to the method I used, although when the line gave me the wrong race my mind was literally going crazy. I even tried double marking everything, where each race in my excel file will get a check mark when I start it and a line number when i finish it, but that just took too much time and had a few errors.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I get where you are coming from. One thing that bothers me is that most wrong races don't crash the game at game creation. It used to and made finding errors so much easier. Now if a race is misspelled, it just doesn't appear, not crash the game. So while it makes less headaches, it causes a few more when you realized the big races isn't there (how am I supposed to win the Triple Crown if I can't race in the Belmont Stkes lol).

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Making a website is a great idea! I'm excited for that!
I was going to make a website for Start It, which would allow me to expand on my mod, add more capabilities, and even have a mini-league of sorts (now that I think of it, is there currently the ability to send exported horse files, and if so, why hasn't anyone done a beta game mini-league just to have some fun and pass the time before the game goes full). I also wanted to make a website (and accompanying twitch or something) that would simulcast a game with news and what not (kinda like how Outside the Park Baseball has the ability to post a game on their servers). The problem with both of these (albeit more so the first) is not having a place to host. Making the website is fine (I'm well versed in HTML and CSS) but not in having a host site.
Hopefully you'll get a website up and running! And I'll definitely be participating in your challenges, especially any at a mile (my apparent specialty, even tho I never have any milers bred, most of my horses excel at the mile better than any other distance).

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Looks Nice! Seems like it will easily fulfill its purpose. I tried webs out once but a lot of its capabilities annoyed me and I found that Google Sites is much better, but very limited in its styles and gets very annoying to edit. I use wordpress for my blog (which I like to use as its easy to post and has some great free styles and is somewhat able to run html, but only in posts). I would much rather make an html site from scratch but that costs money and I don't feel like spending money on this haha!

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next