View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New Fictional Course - Hilltop 
Group 1 winner

Post New Fictional Course - Hilltop
I delved back into the editor to get the hang of it specifically how to manipulate the terrain. I didn't do much manipulating but it's a start and I am getting the hang of it. I made a simple gentle rise that peaks in the center of the map. With this rise I made Hilltop.

Hilltop features two identically shaped courses. A dirt course and a turf course that are each 4200 meters (21 furlongs - 2m5f) long. The 21 furlong starts start on a slight ramp which heads downhill where it then rounds a bend. As you exit the bend you then head up the "Hilltop". A gentle but steady rise to the center of the map. When you reach the hilltop which is marked by the old hermits house who refused to sell out when I built the course you then head downhill to the finish line.

The grounds feature a grandstand for each track. Stable area and housing, parade ring, winners circle, track owners house, three lakes, maintenance crew area, parking, small residential area and one big ass TV at the end of the course.

The courses are wide enough to accommodate a buffalo stampede if the need arises. :lol: The times for the races are on the fast side. I have one ginormous widescreen TV at the end of the course but it may need more. I want to put up lights but I first need to understand the floodlight setups and their sizes and coverage.

I made this course because I wanted to have 2 mile+ races in my US schedule so I could field some marathon type horses for whatever league incarnation we have next. I plan to make a series of Graded stakes for Hilltop that are 2 mile+ and span the year in my US schedule.

-------------
Instructions
-------------

Download zip. Extract contents of zip to desktop or place of your choosing.

Inside the "Hilltop Course" folder are the relevant files.

Copy and paste the "3D" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6. Accept all overwrite requests. I included the terrain folder because I believe I used terrain paints that most of you might not have. Just being safe there but I may be wrong.

You then need to copy and paste the course specs for each course that are found in the notepad file in the download to the "_courses" file of the nationality you are playing. The course is located in Maryland, USA. If you do not like the long travel distance to the track and are playing the UK, Irish or Australian game you can change the map coordinates of the track in the course specs. They are the last line which reads "766,427". To change it to somewhere closer please read the instructions found in the "world" folder inside the "gfx" folder in the game directory. It is very simple to do.

I included the course logo which is the first screenshot in this post. Installing the logo is not required but if you want it copy and paste it to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx> portraits > 2 > courses.

You must start a new game if you decide to add this course to your lineup.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9qs41bti5e22owf

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:54 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New Fictional Course - Hilltop
That is Sooooo Cool

Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Sirius, first off this is a beautiful track, really it looks stunning. Second, after seeing your skills I was wondering if you'd want to help me with a little pet project?

The project would be 12 tracks, 12 countries. With both a dirt and a turf course on each one. Ideally each track would incorporate some of the best elements from the best tracks in the country it represents. I'm trying to create a fantasy schedule with a big meet every month that requires the horses to travel the globe, facing the best competition from each country as they go (and some of the best from other countries as well). I am planning on carefully prepping everything, and testing it several times before I'm satisfied. I need someone to design the tracks for me, since I've tried before and just can't figure it out at all. You of course would get an appropriately large amount of credit for your help.

If you aren't interested, well then I'd like permission to just use this track for my mod. I'd be changing it's name at least 11 times, so that I could run more than 8 races per day, and be changing it's location to different countries. I of course would have in the description that it was your track I was using.

Thanks :) Making more tracks? I was barely satisfied with this and I toiled over it for a while. I am very much a beginner at the editor. Making even one other track would take a long time for me and I need to be in the mood. MJ and Simple are the pros at this. My track Hillside needs a little fixing. There is a very slight glitch in the horses running at one point. Also by chance if you run a race at the max distance you will see the gates I put there for aesthetics are not adjusted size wise for realism - they are so large that they would probably be able to accommodate Babe The Blue Ox :lol: I added a series of 1m7f - 2m5f stakes races throughout the year at Hillside in my US schedule so I could muster up some long distance types for the league. Hillside also records very fast times.

I did briefly set a base map for another fictional course called Oceanside that I wanted to have the backstretch or even the whole track run along side the ocean. Got stuck thinking about what it would like. I may get back to that. Another idea was a track running inside a forest with trees almost enveloping the whole track. Using the size adjuster to make the trees larger and hang over the course. Most likely a very hard hit on the frame rate with that track but I'm sure it would look wild. Actually seeing the horses running would likely be a problem though :shock:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Sure! Go to town. Edit it if you want. The course is for all.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]