View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Schedule Advise 
Group 1 winner

Post Schedule Advise
I am trying to make a fantasy schedule using 11 nations, I wanted to make an equal number of races from each nation, so does anyone know what the maximum number of races you can have in the schedule is? Also, another problem is that if I want to have an equal number of races from each nation, including the base country, even with the nationality spread set to 5 for every country, there will still be a far greater number of horses from the base country than any of the others, but with the same amount of races. Does anyone have any advise or tips for me to to minimize the damage to the equilibrium of having so many more horses from the base country? Thankyou

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Schedule Advise
There is actually a max although it's after 1200 or so. The last schedule I made had something like 1400 races (I had nearly all of the US and Canadian races which I had like 1200 of, all the JPN races, and some various other international ones from the UK, France, and Hong Kong). Once you hit the cap, the ones at the bottom start to disappear from the showcase which is a pretty big hint. I had to keep removing lesser races once I noticed that so I could have the bigger ones.

You're better off keeping to 100-120 a month tops or around 3-5 a day on average. Just be aware to watch your races at the bottom of your showcase. If one goes *poof*, you hit the limit.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:25 am
Group 1 winner

There isn't a real max (or if there is it is over 1900 races). I just finished a schedule of over 1800 races and they all will fit. However, make your schedule using notepad, not the schedule editor. This way every race will make it in. The schedule editor will show races that are in the schedule as not being on (i.e. no green check mark next to the race but appear in the schedule on the right).

Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I just didn't like my schedule so I'm redoing it. Think I was on season 5 with it with no issues before I threw in the towel to make another one. On July with my new one although only doing US, Canada, and JPN races this time. My old one did run fine, though. Keep putzing around finishing my current one since I'm trying to keep it accurate to the US 2015 races ... except the Travers and Haskell since their purses got inflated to pull in American Pharoah this year. I honestly don't run schedules for very long before I start over. Think the longest I lasted in a game was maybe 25 years. Keep trying for that perfect schedule. :lol:

Screwy that races go *poof* after you hit a certain point in the schedule editor, but to be fair, I made the schedule a few months back so maybe the editor was changed. I know the previous games did have a showcase limit so figured SO6 did when I saw my races at the end of the year start to remove themselves. The editor's always been screwy even in previous versions of the game. I did notice from time to time as I was adding races, another random one would disappear. I'd back out to try to reload and the game would crash resulting in a lot of lost work. Sometimes I'd lose the entire schedule (another reason I haven't finished my new one). I've since started to save after every week of new races added and then back that up to another file. Then if I notice a race went *poof*, I just force close the game and go back to where I was with little lost. Never noticed any of my races run in different orders or vanish during a game, but can't say I pay that much attention. Keeping track of 1k+ of races would be a feat.

I did notice that when random races vanished when adding another, if I managed to save the file without the editor crashing and looked at the file in Notepad, I'd have the race I attempted to add twice but only one would show in the editor. Due to the duplicate, the editor won't let me add more races. So removing one manually sometimes fixed it. Other times I have to remove both and try to add it again in the editor. It's a bit of a screwy issue, but I haven't had that issue in a few weeks, though. I really can't remember the exact steps to repeat causing it although I remember it resulting in a duplicated race and being unable to add any more to the editor until I manually fixed it.

I did know you could use Notepad to add or edit races since I've done that in the past, especially to change a track or race name or move a race to a different date, but didn't think to use it to override what I thought was a limit. May do that and include the other countries so I have a full schedule this time. I'd just have to sort out how many horses I want in the game in that case so I don't have VOID races.

Would be nice if you could have 24 races total in a day but it didn't matter how many tracks. I.E. I could have 10 races at one track, 2 at another, and another 12 at a third. Just as long as you don't go over 24. Or up it to 30 (10 races x3 tracks).

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:59 pm
Group 1 winner

So I am right in thinking that if I use notepad, I can have as many as I want providing it is no more than 3 meetings with 8 races a day?

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:07 am
Group 1 winner

I would say yes. There is a maximum that depends on the horse pool. The more races you have, the larger the pool needs to be. But I would say that a 10,000 horse pool should work find for around 2,000 races. But even that is kinda pushing it. I have 10,000 for just above 1,800 races and it works but many horses (mainly 3yos) will race a lot more than they should. But few walkover ever happen (maybe 1 or 2 per year if that...) and no 0 horse fields.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Would it be possible to make it so every race was a feature race, so for 365 days a year have 3 meetings of 7 or so races from the notepad?

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:35 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
Would it be possible to make it so every race was a feature race, so for 365 days a year have 3 meetings of 7 or so races from the notepad?

The more Feature races are the less runners in the race not enough horses in the game and you will get void or walk overs.

Gray

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

But surely there won't be an more races than there is anyway, except they will be feature races, but I will still make sellers and claimed and handicaps etc

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

It is, in theory, possible, if done 100% right. There needs to be the right balance of races at every distance for each age and class in the claimings, sellers, and handicaps, as if to replace the default ones. One thing I would suggest is to get a default schedule without any feature races and go through date-by-date each slate of races that the game creates. Write down the type of race, distance, and restrictions, and replace that race with a named race with the same showcase info. That may work, although I have not tried it. I would limit each track to 6 races per day, however, just so you don't get a lot of walkovers or void races.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I was considering going through each day of the year on attheraces from 2015 and emulating the exact flat races from each day

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 pm
Group 1 winner

I recommend using the BHA results. It will give you age and sex restrictions that most results won't give you. I tried... but got through 10 days and gave up lol.
Good Luck!

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/race-info/fixtures/results/#!?year=2015&month=1

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]