View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Japanese jumps races 
Handicapper

Post Japanese jumps races
I have introduced Japan's jump races into the country's schedule. I created a showc_j.dat file to keep them in... stored in folder '6'. I have been playing the Australian game with Japanese flat races running in the Australian schedule with no problems. However, I can't run these new Japanese jumps races. They appear in the card e.g. Tokyo's High Jump Stakes runs alongside some flat races at that course. However, there are never any horses running in it so the racecard says "VOID RACE".

I'm aware that Australia is a flat-only schedule but is there a way of getting the game to offer flat/jumps schedules?

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Japanese jumps races
bobsworth13 wrote:
I have introduced Japan's jump races into the country's schedule. I created a showc_j.dat file to keep them in... stored in folder '6'. I have been playing the Australian game with Japanese flat races running in the Australian schedule with no problems. However, I can't run these new Japanese jumps races. They appear in the card e.g. Tokyo's High Jump Stakes runs alongside some flat races at that course. However, there are never any horses running in it so the racecard says "VOID RACE".

I'm aware that Australia is a flat-only schedule but is there a way of getting the game to offer flat/jumps schedules?

The problem is it has a flatonly.id in the data folder I would suggest you could try and load the Jumps in with the French jump schedule then manually in the race editor add them to your new game.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Thanks for the advice simples.

I loaded the showcase entries for Japan's jump races into the _showc_j file for the French folder as you suggested. In the Australian folder, I gave it a flatandjumps ID and increased the horse population (even made the first jump race that gets run a 0-140 handicap to try and attract runners) but those jumps races are still void.

Earlier on, I tried to get the game to give me the option of a combined Australian schedule by creating a mixed schedule dat file to sit next to the flat-only file (this was where I copied the flatandjumps ID to the folder) and gave it season start and end dates for both flat and jumps. That didn't work either... the flat-only schedule remained the only option.

I know I can run these jumps races on the UK and Irish schedules but I was wanting to make a large Asia-Pacific schedule. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:44 pm
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
Thanks for the advice simples.

I loaded the showcase entries for Japan's jump races into the _showc_j file for the French folder as you suggested. In the Australian folder, I gave it a flatandjumps ID and increased the horse population (even made the first jump race that gets run a 0-140 handicap to try and attract runners) but those jumps races are still void.

Earlier on, I tried to get the game to give me the option of a combined Australian schedule by creating a mixed schedule dat file to sit next to the flat-only file (this was where I copied the flatandjumps ID to the folder) and gave it season start and end dates for both flat and jumps. That didn't work either... the flat-only schedule remained the only option.

I know I can run these jumps races on the UK and Irish schedules but I was wanting to make a large Asia-Pacific schedule. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Not Really I made a Japanese jump schedule in SO5 and courses also New Zealand and USA all worked but when I loaded the schedules in SO6 no Chance so I give up a week later.

Gray

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]