View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Road to the Kentucky Derby 
Handicapper

Post Road to the Kentucky Derby
As the Kentucky Derby nears i'm loving the recent point system they use for the road to the Kentucky Derby and Oaks. Was just thinking how cool that would be if it was somehow implemented into Starters Orders. Now Im pretty sure i can guess the answer but thought I'd keep a glimmer of hope that maybe a mod can do this. Anyways happy horse racing everyone.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Road to the Kentucky Derby
That is kinda possible. It requires each major prep race to be prepped with the smaller ones at the track do the Championship preps to be the preps for the Derby so that the top 3 runners in those races should enter. Then, make the Kentucky Derby a Grade 1 Conditions Race (setting a minimum rating of 110 or 115) so that only the best enter. Only problem is that the race might not always fill. But that is the closest way to a points system.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

MJ,
I would've never thought of that good thinking. I know i would mess that up if I tried. Maybe that's something that could be implemented in SO7. These Preps have had me on the edge of my seat. So many horses with the potential to be huge. MJ why isn't Songbird in the running for the Derby, only the Oaks?

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Songbird's owner does not want to run her against the boys so early in her career and believes that running against the boys before the Derby could cost her a shot at the Oaks (which is completely untrue). So, instead of running in both Oaks and Derby preps, hoping to get enough points to make it to the Kentucky Derby, they will only send her to Oaks preps and send her to the Kentucky Oaks, a race she should easily win.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]