View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Increasing pool size-flat schedule 
Selling plater

Post Increasing pool size-flat schedule
Is there any way of increasing the pool size beyond 14000 for a flat only schedule?
Ive tried manually increasing it in the schedule file but it always reverts to 14000 in the game itself.
Also,is there no way of moding the foreign nationality spread above x5?

Thanks,
Steve.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:27 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Increasing pool size-flat schedule
Mark did a hard cap of up to 20k back some patches ago for performance (emphasizing "up to" since many may take the cap as being 20k for everyone which won't be the case). If your game keeps reverting to 14k, then your computer may not be able to handle more than that. So to preserve game performance, the game just reverts you to 14k if you set it above that. If you feel your computer should be able to handle more, then try bugging Mark to increase the cap for your and similar computers.

And nationality spread is also hard capped at 5x. Always has been since SO2 when schedules were first introduced. If you want more horses for a particular nationality, then reduce others. The numbers are ratios in relation to the number of horses. If there's 11 nations and 11k horses in the game, if every nation is 1x, then every nation has 1000 horses. If you increase one to 2x, that nation might have 1500 while the rest will have 950 since the game isn't going to produce an extra 500 (or even 1000) horses putting you above 11k. Something to that effect anyway. Reduce nations you don't want to 0.5x or even -- (or 0 if you edit the file) and increase those you do want to 5x. But if every nation is 5x, then they might as well all be 1x because they'll have the same number of horses either way.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:02 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Increasing pool size-flat schedule
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Looks as though 14000 must be a hard coded limit but i'm surprised as my computer should be capable of handling more.
The foreign nation limits are just a bit disappointing as i'd like to take some horses away from the UK pool and give a few more to the French and Irish pools to make it a bit more realistic. I've got the other nations all set at zero so cant take any more away from them.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]