View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 editing my sch but crash ?? 
Selling plater

Post editing my sch but crash ??
why is it everytime i change my sch or do the changing on the game to my sch to make it a better sch it always crash is it me or am i doing something wrong ??

Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: editing my sch but crash ??
DaleNiland2k71 wrote:
why is it everytime i change my sch or do the changing on the game to my sch to make it a better sch it always crash is it me or am i doing something wrong ??

If you change your Schedule you must change it also in your showcase file like below

This is my Commonwealth Cup I use this has a example

My _sched_f.dat

Royal Ascot
_preps,William Hill Cammidge Trophy,European Free Handicap,Craven Stakes,Dubai Duty Free Fred Darling,Aon Greenham Stakes,bet365 Pavilion Stakes,Qipco 2000 Guineas Stakes,Qipco 1000 Guineas,Bathwick Tyres Carnarvon Stakes
Commonwealth Cup

My _showc_f.dat

6,G1,3
Royal Ascot:cc_flatTurf1
Commonwealth Cup
June

If you think this is to difficult you can download and use my here http://www.mediafire.com/download/37p09 ... tle_AW.zip

Gray

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Simples... have you come across a situation where the courses.dat file makes a new game crash at startup? I'll explain a problem that I have had recently when I copied a new version of Cheltenham's course, specifically for the Festival.

1. I'd copy the folder 1_Cheltenham and rename it 1_Cheltenham Festival. Then rename the .map and .bak files. Then make the kind of changes I wanted to make in the editor.
2. I'd go into sched_j, sched_fj and showc_j and rename Cheltenham to Cheltenham Festival (CF).
3. In the courses.dat file, I would create new entries for CF for the jumps1, hurdles1 and jumpscc courses.
4. Copy the whole "1" folder to the game's files.
5. I would load up the mixed schedule in the game and it would crash right at the beginning.
6. I have checked the showcase and schedule files and they are all fine.
7. After a lot of tinkering with the courses.dat file, I have noticed that if I delete hurdles1 and jumpscc from CF, the game works. I couldn't understand this as all the courses worked for the original map file and I had made no changes to the waypoints.
8. Now I can't fathom this. I would take out Southwell's jumps and hurdles courses, reinstate all the CF course entries... and the mixed schedule loads up BUT NOT the jumps-only schedule.

If you can shed any light on this, I'll be very grateful.
bobs

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry bob reading that it looks fine could you send me your schedules and I will try it on mine.

grayham37 at Hotmail dot com

Gray

Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]