View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 SiriusChill's Mods 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SiriusChill's Mods
I should say the rename stable option in the stable info screen. Sorry.

Sat May 02, 2020 5:10 am
Handicapper

see this

Sat May 02, 2020 5:14 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks pal :)

Sat May 02, 2020 5:21 am
Handicapper

Most welcome mate !

Sat May 02, 2020 5:38 am
Selling plater

Hi Siruschill. I dowloaded your Uk Schedule and I just wanted to thank you for the amazing job you have done. Love the extra races in Ireland and France.

Fri May 08, 2020 12:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Are you talking about this? If so, all credit goes to qwsa for putting the schedule together. All I did was make it easier to implement in-game using the mods folder. All data mods now should be made to work with the mods folder. Early on I had also made mods that weren't compatible with the mods folder. I did make a second mod from his good work that had some extras I made added in.

Quote:
Hope you don't mind Q but I took your downloads and made them easier to implement in the game. I took your downloads and put them in one folder that goes in the mod folder of the game directory. All one has to do now is put the mod folder I created and paste it in the mod folder of the game directory. When starting a new game just choose the mod from the drop down menu and then select the custom schedule in the next screen.

I also added some mods to your schedule and made another mod if one wants to use it. This mod has qwsa's schedule and showcase and I've included my UK Jockey and Trainer lists and a Stable list for 2018 which is 100 strong for each. Also added were Jockey and Trainer lists and a Stable list for Ireland and France but these two are only 20 strong each. Included also are my Stud Farm files for these three countries.

Hat tip to qwsa for the fine work on the schedule and showcase files.

---------------------------
Instructions

Download zip. Extract to place of your choosing
Inside the zip are two folders - qwsaMod and qwsaSCMod. Copy and paste these folders to ~Program Files(x86)>Starters Orders 7>mods
There are also two files - "sched_f_qwsa.db" and "sched_f_qwsaSC.db". Copy and paste these two to ~ Documents>StartersOrders7>exports>schedules>1

You must start a new game for these to work. When starting choose the mod you want from the "available user mods" dropdown list. Then choose the corresponding schedule on the next screen from the custom schedules list. The schedule is pretty big so it takes the game a long time to create the schedule at the beginning. Don't lose faith. It will(should) eventually get to your stables screen.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vze3xg92zhjcnyn/qwsaSCmods.zip/file

Fri May 08, 2020 7:00 pm
Selling plater

Sorry mate, your right. I meant to thank qwsa but thanks to you as well.

Fri May 08, 2020 9:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Here's something I do to make the horse portraits present a little better IMO. Rename the file "frame_dark.png" found at gfx>horses>portraits to "frame_dark1.png" to render it unusable. Doing this removes the dark frame making the horse portrait bigger and better looking. Just rename it back to its original name to bring it back if you want.

Here's what you get. Top is without frame. Bottom with.

Mon May 11, 2020 5:35 am
Selling plater

I got some questions about scheduling.
I tried out the ones in the Sirius11 pack and really like them. Put a better flavour to the game with real coursenames and the real names on races.

Basic question when opening up the files.
Can certain "periods" be set somewhere. The real race-meets. I tend to see several dates in Diary on tracks that clearly never had any races at those times. All races named in the files are OK, but beside these the game find new dates on certain tracks. In many cases way out from were they normally held any races. I hope you get what I'm asking. Beide dating certain important races it would be good if one could restrict race-dates on certain dates for the different tracks. Like the classic dates on Royal Ascot.

I had the ambition to mix in certain races from your different mod sections. Like Ky+NY+Cal and son. What I'm struggle with is in fact those first lines of the _sched databse file.
[pool]7500
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Dubai, United Kingdom
[sec_trainers_max]aus=20,can=20,fr=20,ger=11,hk=20,ire=20,jap=20,nz=20,sa=20,sgp=20,uae=15,uk=20
[sec_jockeys_max]aus=20,can=20,fr=20,ger=11,hk=20,ire=20,jap=20,nz=20,sa=20,sgp=20,uae=15,uk=20

The pool is horses for all those nations I guess, but the perc is the procentage of the horses in those secondary nations or in USA.
The reason I intend to increase it a bit since I will have that merging of some areas of racing in the USA.
I wouldn't go as far as the StartiT mod, since I would land on a middle way perhaps.

Maybe I would take away some of those 2nd nations too and see how it will affect the game.
Adding trainers and jockeys to some of course, like UK with some more races in UK.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Basic question when opening up the files.
Can certain "periods" be set somewhere. The real race-meets. I tend to see several dates in Diary on tracks that clearly never had any races at those times. All races named in the files are OK, but beside these the game find new dates on certain tracks. In many cases way out from were they normally held any races. I hope you get what I'm asking. Beide dating certain important races it would be good if one could restrict race-dates on certain dates for the different tracks. Like the classic dates on Royal Ascot.

The game runs races at tracks every single day of your season. Up to three tracks a day. These tracks will appear in the order they are arranged in the courses.db file. In mine they are arranged alphabetically. It repeats the order all year. Ideally I (and others) would like it so that you could determine yourself what tracks race on certain days and also to be able to have days where there is no racing. Maybe this feature will be added in the future? For now we just deal with the cards we are dealt.

You are allowed to card up to 8 feature races for up to 3 tracks a day - no more. I tried my best to fit all the feature races on the correct day they were run during the year the schedule is based. The bigger races get priority. Lesser races will often time get bumped to days surrounding where they were normally scheduled.

Quote:
I had the ambition to mix in certain races from your different mod sections. Like Ky+NY+Cal and son. What I'm struggle with is in fact those first lines of the _sched databse file.
[pool]7500
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Dubai, United Kingdom
[sec_trainers_max]aus=20,can=20,fr=20,ger=11,hk=20,ire=20,jap=20,nz=20,sa=20,sgp=20,uae=15,uk=20
[sec_jockeys_max]aus=20,can=20,fr=20,ger=11,hk=20,ire=20,jap=20,nz=20,sa=20,sgp=20,uae=15,uk=20

The pool is horses for all those nations I guess, but the perc is the procentage of the horses in those secondary nations or in USA.
The reason I intend to increase it a bit since I will have that merging of some areas of racing in the USA.
I wouldn't go as far as the StartiT mod, since I would land on a middle way perhaps.

Maybe I would take away some of those 2nd nations too and see how it will affect the game.
Adding trainers and jockeys to some of course, like UK with some more races in UK.

The game instructions found in the game directory explain it this way...

Quote:
Settings
The Pool size can be changed. Take care. This the total horse pool
size (including foreign horses).
The foreign pool percentage can be set via and is the total
percentage of the horse pool allocated to foreign horses. Note that the individual
locality pool sizes (allocated within this percentage) depend on how many feature
races exist for the locality.
Secondary Nationalities
You can allocate secondary nationalities via the list box.
A secondary nationality means the trainers/owners under that nationality are more
likely to send their horses to target the main localities premiere feature races. For
example, Ireland is a secondary nationality to the main English schedule

I cut and pasted from the instructions. It doesn't come across right here. Check it out yourself to better understand it.

This is from the bug fix list eons ago...

Quote:
0.105 Legends starting date fix.
Option to set non local trainer count. Add trainers and stables if required to data files and then manualy add a [sec_trainers_max] tag to the schedule header for nationalites you wish to change in this format. Eg: [sec_trainers_max]fr=20,ger=15,uae=15
Jockey count. Same as trainers (above). [sec_jockeys_max]. Report any issues.
Minor schedule (non feature) tweaks.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:25 pm
Selling plater

Thanks mate for putting me on the right path. Think I start to get the big picture on schedule-making, but lots still unclear.

I put this question to you, if you don't mind.
I checked your schedules contra StartiT schedule and one thing that stuck out was this difference on many not graded races. I found out that using Conditions as a RaceCatag gets the race as a C2, but just using Listed have it as a C1 race. Those C1 races are then also named Allowances in-game within brackets. (?)

I read in the first page of this thread about Conditions and such but as you can see Conditions are used a bit different in these two examples.
You use Conditions not in RaceCatag, then how many races max that could be won, but StartIT just put Conditions in Racecatag IF it has that "extra" Condition with notwongroups. Whatever, what stands out is that the race below (Kathryn) is put as a C2 in StartIt and a C1 in yours, in-game.
Since the word Stakes isn't used in the in-game I wonder. C1=Allowance, C2= ?. Kathryn is classified as a Stake race to what I know.

Yours in Sirius11

<NAME>Kathryn Crosby Stakes<RACECOURSE>Del Mar:cc_flatTurf1
<MONTH>Nov<PRIZE>75000<EXTFIELDSPEC>home<DISTANCE>8.0<RACECATAG>LISTED<AGE>3YOUP<SEX>FM<CONDITIONS>notwongroup=2,

and in StartiT

<NAME>Kathryn Crosby<RACECOURSE>Del Mar:cc_flatTurf1
<MONTH>Nov<PRIZE>75000<DISTANCE>8.0<RACECATAG>CONDITIONS<AGE>3YOUP<SEX>FM

And yes having a restriction to 3 meetings max each day makes it hard to include many International races abroad. The spots are needed for the US circuit.
One still need to make adjustments to get meetings correct only in US.
Then what I have seen the AI is still not very carefull with overunning horses. Scaring thing seen with horse running on the West Coast one day, and popping up on the East Coast the very next day. Got in the top three in both races. Kind of a Super Horse.

But it is what it is, as you so eloquently put it.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 am
Group 1 winner

I will add to that, to help make it clear the way I present feature races:

- Graded Stakes: G1, G2, G3
- Listed Stakes: L
- Non-Listed Open Stakes: Conditions
- State Bred/Restricted Stakes: Conditions, notwongroup

This helps separate out the C1 and C2 races well. Otherwise every C2 brings a C1 would make class progression all wonky.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thanks for that info

I came across a strange thing, or more surprised happening. When creating thse feature races I had hoped the auto-scheduler that fills out the cards with the lesser races, maiden, selling and such, would accept my feature races as it.
However on some meet they added Grade 3 races with no "name", and even in meets that had one or more Listed Stake races made by me.
It's kind of weird since then we get extra top races with horses winning these "nameless" Grade 3 races. I thought the AI had enough of featured races in my setup. Some 1500 of them.
Those nameless Grade 3 races isn't seen in the Diary Notes only when looking for races for your horses. Maybe it doesn't mess up things.

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:26 pm
Selling plater

Hi Sirius.
Do you know if your horse stat increment bars mod can be used on SO Classic?
I have asked in the SO Classic modding thread as well but no response.
Would be a massive help if it does work, it looks perfect.
Thanks

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5