View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 SiriusChill's Mods 
Group 1 winner

Post SiriusChill's Mods
I've decided to make a thread compiling the handful of mods I've made for the game over the years.

List Of Mods

Horse Portraits Mod
Course Portraits - UK
All-Time North American money earning Trainers and Jockeys list with last 20 Eclipse award winning apprentice jockeys
New Fictional Course - Hilltop
Australia/New Zealand Trainer Jockey Lists and Portraits
A Couple Of Resized Buttons And the Old Horse Sex Markers
Increment Scale for Horse Stats Bar
2017 US graded stakes schedule

and

Panthers Guide to the data held in the showcases files and Guide to the data used for course specifications for course builders.

For Starters Orders 7

Three schedules - USA Graded Stakes, USA Graded Stakes featuring non-graded stakes races from the Maryland mid-atlantic circuit and USA Graded Stakes featuring non-graded stakes races from the New York circuit.

Some minor gfx mods. The old school Colt, Gelding, Stallion, Filly and Mare markers. Secretariat's past performances gfx for the Building Form screen when you start a new game.

Stud Farms files for every nationality. Up to twenty Stud Farms for quite a few nationalities and a goodly amount for the rest. Trainer/Jockey files to help fill out the secondary nationalities in your game. Up to twenty trainer/Jockeys for almost all. These trainer/Jockey files are not intended to be used as your main country trainer/Jockey lists. Twenty is too small for that.

Top 100 UK Jockey and Trainer lists plus a Stables file to compliment the trainer list. The lists are based on the 2018 season.

--------------------------------------------

Horse Portraits Mod

Here is a horse portraits package. The portraits are taken from the stallion directory on the Bloodhorse website. The game doesn't discern from male or female so you will have to deal with your mare having a portrait of a stallion. I also had to borrow a few pics from the Dukes portrait mod to help fill this out so a hat tip to the Duke. There are a few duplicates especially in the light grey and dark grey sections because grey portraits are harder to come by. Black is seemingly non-existent so I used dark bay or brown for black.

0 - dark bay or brown

1~4 - various shades of bay

5 - chestnut

6 - light grey

7 - dark grey

Here are a few screenshots. These are not all the photos. There are 30 pictures for each group.

-------------------------------

Instructions. Make a copy of your original gfx folder if you haven't already in case of problems.

Download file. Extract the "horses" folder to your desktop or wherever you like.
Copy and paste the "horses" folder to...

Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx > portraits. Accept all overwrite requests. You will have to remove the original 0-7 horse portraits too found inside the horses folder.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gvkiqwa9lg5oecz

Last edited by SiriusChill on Sun May 19, 2019 9:44 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:52 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SiriusChill's Mods
Course Portraits - UK

Here is a course portraits package for all the tracks in the UK folder. More packages for other countries to come at a later date (If I ever get around to it :lol: ). Each track has...

Course Logo
Google Street View picture of the course entrance (or as close as I could get)
5 Google earth images from different angles of the track
2 photos of racing action from the track taken from the internet

The maximum amount of pictures for a course is 9 (_0 to _8). I have also included a folder with just the logos and the default course pictures.

A few screenshots of the pictures. This is not all of them...

--------------------
Instructions

If you haven't already make a copy of the original gfx folder for safe keeping in case of problems.

Download file
Extract contents of zip file to desktop or place of your choosing
Inside either of the folders named "UK COURSE PORTRAITS FULL" and "UK COURSE LOGOS" is the relevant folder named "courses"
Copy and paste the "courses" folder of your choosing to ~ Program Files(x86) > Starters Orders 6 > gfx > portraits > 1
Accept all overwrite requests

https://www.mediafire.com/?qkyjnxp5x2b6ood

Last edited by SiriusChill on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 am
Group 1 winner

All-Time North American money earning Trainers and Jockeys list with last 20 Eclipse award winning apprentice jockeys

Here is a little something I just threw together. A jockey and trainer list and accompanying portraits. They are the all-time North American money earning jockeys and trainers. The lists are on the smallish side just to be different. The jockey list is the top 60 all-time money earning jockeys and the last 20 eclipse award winning apprentice jockeys and the trainer list is the top 50.

I assigned a jockey to all trainers with most jockeys assigned to a trainer they have a historical relationship with. For the other jockeys I assigned them to a trainer that trained mostly where the jockey rode. I put Ramon Dominguez on top of the list and unassigned because he is who I use. If you want to use a jockey who is already assigned simply open the '_trainers' file and delete that jockeys name from underneath the trainer they are assigned to. (make sure to delete the comma also and the empty line left behind)

Also stable locations for all trainers has been set to reflect what track they are historically associated with. The green color in these pictures are my own green skin that I use. I'm part lizard.

I gave all the jockeys the same weight. The jockeys weights are all 113 pounds/8,1 stone. With 50 trainers many of them have the limit of 150 horses to start the game. You must start a new game for these to work.

------------------------------

Instructions- always have a backup of all the original game files if you haven't already before modding the game.

Download zip. Extract to desktop or place of your choosing

Inside the 'usalltime.2' folder is the relevant content.

Copy and and paste the '2' folder to - Program Files(x86)>StartersOrders6>Data ~ accept all overwrite requests

Copy and and paste the 'portraits' folder to - Program Files(x86)>StartersOrders6>gfx ~ accept all overwrite requests

https://www.mediafire.com/?rml1rrfd4jnvrao

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:36 am
Group 1 winner

New Fictional Course - Hilltop

I delved back into the editor to get the hang of it specifically how to manipulate the terrain. I didn't do much manipulating but it's a start and I am getting the hang of it. I made a simple gentle rise that peaks in the center of the map. With this rise I made Hilltop.

Hilltop features two identically shaped courses. A dirt course and a turf course that are each 4200 meters (21 furlongs - 2m5f) long. The 21 furlong starts start on a slight ramp which heads downhill where it then rounds a bend. As you exit the bend you then head up the "Hilltop". A gentle but steady rise to the center of the map. When you reach the hilltop which is marked by the old hermits house who refused to sell out when I built the course you then head downhill to the finish line.

It's the first and only track I've made so it has flaws. The map edges have the forest entities strung together around the whole map giving it an odd closed in feel but I kinda like it. The courses are way too wide also. I put decorative starting gates at the end of each track but did not resize them so they are huge.

The grounds feature a grandstand for each track. Stable area and housing, parade ring, winners circle, track owners house, three lakes, maintenance crew area, parking, small residential area and one big ass TV at the end of the course. The horses must pull up very fast or risk going through the TV. :lol:

The courses are wide enough to accommodate a buffalo stampede if the need arises. :lol: The times for the races are on the fast side. I want to put up lights but I first need to understand the floodlight setups and their sizes and coverage.

-------------
Instructions
-------------

Download zip. Extract contents of zip to desktop or place of your choosing.

Inside the "Hilltop Course" folder are the relevant files.

Copy and paste the "3D" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6. Accept all overwrite requests. I included the terrain folder because I believe I used terrain paints that most of you might not have. Just being safe there but I may be wrong.

You then need to copy and paste the course specs for each course that are found in the notepad file in the download to the "_courses" file of the nationality you are playing. The course is located in Maryland, USA. If you do not like the long travel distance to the track and are playing the UK, Irish or Australian game you can change the map coordinates of the track in the course specs. They are the last line which reads "766,427". To change it to somewhere closer please read the instructions found in the "world" folder inside the "gfx" folder in the game directory. It is very simple to do.

I included the course logo. Installing the logo is not required but if you want it copy and paste it to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx> portraits > 2 > courses.

You must start a new game if you decide to add this course to your lineup.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9qs41bti5e22owf

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 am
Group 1 winner

Australia/New Zealand Trainer Jockey Lists and Portraits

With a lot of research I believe I have come up with a pretty thorough jockey and trainer list for Australia and New Zealand. These lists are derived from the final rankings for the 2013-2014 season. Ranked by earnings the Australian lists features the top 100 Jockeys and 100 trainers with their full names. The jockey list has 80 journeymen jocks and the top 20 apprentice jocks. I researched as best as possible to find the correct riding weights for each jockey. The trainer list has numerous trainers with their preferred jockeys attached. I have also adjusted the stables file so the trainers locations are their preferred location. Portraits for all the names are included also. For New Zealand the lists feature the top 10 jockeys and trainers. Also included are the course logo portraits for the default Australian tracks and the tracks found in Simpleminds Australian mod.

If you would like a jockey who is already attached to a trainer just open the "_trainers" file and delete the jockeys name from underneath the attached trainers name. Make sure you delete the comma and the empty space left behind.

You must start a new game for these lists to work.

A small sample of the Australian lists. The green color is my own personal skin.

Instructions...

Have a backup copy of the games original files if you haven't already.

Download file
Extract file to desktop or place of your choosing

Inside the "AUS~2013-14" folder you will find the relevant folders.

Copy and paste both the "data" and "gfx" folders to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6

Accept all overwrite requests.

https://www.mediafire.com/?e3mel999xbsd3ed

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:33 am
Group 1 winner

A Couple Of Resized Buttons And the Old Horse Sex Markers

A couple of buttons I found too large and in the way I have re sized .

1. The globe button above the training button I thought was too large especially after trying to click the training button and I was continually hitting the globe instead. I made the globe smaller and the question mark above it smaller also.

2. The blue box button link in the top left of the horse bars screen was too large and covering up the FITT bar. I made it smaller to see the FITT bar.

3. Resized Skip Ahead To Day Before Next Race button - After the millionth time of accidentally clicking this button instead of the skip a day button I decided to make it slimmer so it is not so easily clicked.

4. The old Colt,Stallion,Gelding,Filly and Mare markers from SO5 because I like them better.

Instructions

Make a copy of your original gfx folder if you haven't already

Download file

Extract folder to desktop or place of your choosing

Copy and paste the "gfx" folder to Program Files (86) > Starters Orders 6. Accept all overwrite requests

https://www.mediafire.com/?8czzxga77sabx5g

If you only want one or a couple of these resizes but not all you can always pick and choose them out of the download. The green color in these pictures are from my own skin. The green is not included.

Last edited by SiriusChill on Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:50 am
Group 1 winner

Increment Scale for Horse Stats Bar

Using Skylark's original concept (hat tip) I made a increment scale bar with lines for every 2.5, 5, 7.5 and 10 point marker. I also added special notches for 25,50 and 75% for easier gauging of the stats bars. There is also one for the Main Parameters box.

--------------------------------------------

Download Instructions...

Have a backup copy of the original gfx folder if you don't already.

Download zip file.
Extract contents of zip file to desktop or place of your choosing.
You should see a folder named "Inc. Bar Redesign". Inside this folder are two folders - "Horse Stats Bar" and "Main Parameter Box". Inside both of these is a folder named "misc". You can use one or both of the misc. folders if you want.

Copy and paste the "misc" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx

Accept all overwrite requests.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qh5mbmrz7f9udwd

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 am
Group 1 winner

2017 US graded stakes schedule

Here is a schedule based on the 2017 US graded stakes schedule. It includes all the Canadian graded stakes and the Dubai World Cup. It will work with MJ's US Start it courses. You'll need Woodbine,Fort Erie and Hastings for Canada. Meydan for Dubai.

It is fully prepped. Actually, it is overly prepped. This leads to the better horses running in more races than average. This happens more in the early years of a game but tends to diminish somewhat as the years go on but it will always persist. I tried to keep the preps related to the tracks involved. For instance the New York triple crown preps all follow their route ie Jerome - Withers - Gotham - Wood. Same for the other regions.

-----------
Directions

Make a copy of the original data folder for safe keeping if you have not done so already - in case of foul ups

Download zip. Open to desktop or place of your choosing

Inside the folder "2017USGradedStakesSchedule" are the relevant folders and file.

Copy and paste the folders named "2,7 and 9" to the data folder in your Starters Orders 6 directory found in your program files. Accept all overwrite requests.

Copy and paste the the file named "sched_f_2017USAGr.Stakes" to Documents>StartersOrders6>Exports>Schedules>2

You must start a new US game for it to work. Make sure you choose "sched_f_2017USAGr.Stakes" when setting up your game.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4za69e97a5cwhyz/2017USGradedStakes.zip

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:19 am
Group 1 winner

Panthers Guide to the data held in the showcases files

Not a mod but a very handy guide written by Panther about the showcase files. If you want to make your own schedule consult this guide. 8)

Quote:
There have been quite a few people across all the forums asking how to amend the showcases files, so for those that are planning to change the data in the showcases files here is a brief guide to all the data that can be held in this file:

Each race has five lines of data in this file...

First line of data

Examples:

6,L,4UP
7,G3,3,CG
18.75,110,4UP
12,G3 COND:notwongroup=1,4UP,FM

The first number is the race distance in furlongs. Usually this would be up to a maximum of 20 (2m4f) in the flat game, or 36 (4m4f) in the jumps game. It is also possible to add part-furlongs (in quarters) as well, so for example you can create race distances like 6f55y, 6f110y or 6f165y by making the number in the file 6.25, 6.5 or 6.75.

The second piece of information is the race type. The following race types are available:

G1 - Group 1
G2 - Group 2
G3 - Group 3
L - Listed Race
COND - Conditions Race (see below)
M - Maiden
G1H - Group 1 Handicap
G2H - Group 2 Handicap
G3H - Group 3 Handicap
LH - Listed Handicap
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 160 or 180 - Handicaps
N - Novice
NH - Novice Handicap
JUV - Juvenile
JUVH - Juvenile Handicap
NHF - NH Flat Race
HUNT - Hunter Chase

When it comes to conditions races, you can either create a Conditions Race (just add any of the following by itself), or you can add conditions to any other race type (see the example above where I have added conditions to a G3 race). The options available are (where there is an =, you need to enter a number after this in the file):

COND:musthaverun (horses must have previously run)
COND:maxwins= (the race will only be open to horses that have won that number or fewer races)
COND:maxruns= (the race will only be open to horses that have run in that number or fewer races)
COND:notwonclass= (the race will only be open to horses that have not won that class of race or higher)
COND:notwongroup= (the race will only be open to horses that have not won that level of group race or higher)

The third piece of information is the age restrictions. The following are available:

2 - 2yo only
23 - 2 & 3yo only
2UP - 2yo+
3 - 3yo only
34 - 3 & 4yo only
3UP - 3yo+
4UP - 4yo+
5UP - 5yo+
6UP - 6yo+
10UP - 10yo+

The fourth piece of information is optional, and relates to any sex restrictions. If it's left blank, there is no restriction, otherwise the following can be used:

F - Fillies only
FM - Fillies & Mares only
C - Entire Colts only
CG - Colts & Geldings only
CF - Entire Colts & Fillies

I wouldn't use F, C or CF for races that include older horses, as you will find the races won't include mares or stallions, so there won't be any horses above the age of 4. I would only use those options for races that are restricted to 2 or 3yo only (although I would use CG for races that aren't restricted to entire colts), and would use FM or CG for relevant races that are open to older horses.

Second line of data

Examples

500000,X
30000,F13,R100

The number represents the total added prize money for the race.

The other information is optional. The second piece of information you can include here relates to field size, and you have the following options:

S - Small (roughly up to 10 runners in non-handicaps and up to around 14 runners in handicaps)
M - Medium (roughly up to 15 runners in non-handicaps and up to around 20 runners in handicaps)
X - Large (roughly up to 20 runners in non-handicaps and up to 30 runners in handicaps)
F - Fixed (followed by a number, as in the example above, this is the maximum field allowed in the race)

For fixed fields, in handicaps the game will allow more than the maximum to be declared, with the horses missing the cut (based on ratings) being eliminated on the day of the race. For non-handicaps, a fixed field will usually allow up to the maximum to be declared.

The third piece of information here (which again is optional), is the maximum preferred rating for horses in the race. You enter an R, followed by the rating, as in the example above. This is particularly useful for setting a preferred ratings ceiling for races that are otherwise open, such as with graded or open handicaps in the jumps game.

Third line of data

The third line of data is just the racecourse. Please note that in the jumps game you would add a 2 to the end of the name to denote that it's the hurdles course, as if you just put the course name in it will assume it's the chase course (note, you would add a 3 to Aintree to select the National course!). Also, on the flat game there are now two courses at Newmarket and Lingfield. The default options are the Rowley Mile and Lingfield's turf course, so you would add a 2 if you wanted to use the July Course or Lingfield's all-weather.

Fourth line of data

The fourth line of data is the race name. This much match exactly with what you're planning to put in the schedule file, otherwise it won't work!

Fifth line of data

The fifth line of data is just the month of the race. This is actually just as a guide, to make it easier to find races when you're glancing through them either in the file or in the schedule editor in the game.

If anyone has any questions, please ask, and if I've missed anything I will update this later :D

Here is detailed summary of the various specifications used in the _courses file. This is for those making courses with the editor.

Quote:
The first line of data is to do with draw effect and straight course, and only applies to flat courses (jumps courses will always just be RN000 or LN000).

The first letter denotes right or left-handed course, and will obviously only ever be L or R.
The second letter denotes whether a high draw or low draw is favoured, or whether there is no draw effect. This will always be H, L or N (for no draw advantage).
The first digit denotes the significance of the draw effect, and can range from 0 (when there is no draw advantage) to 9, which is the highest possible draw advantage.
The second digit denotes the maximum race distance to which the draw advantage has effect. Again, a 0 here means no draw advantage, while a 6 would mean that the draw advantage has effect in races up to 6 furlongs, and so on. Only one digit can be used, so for courses where the draw advantage has effect over distances longer that 9 furlongs, letters are used, so 10 furlongs would be A, up to 20 furlongs, which would be K.
The third digit denotes the maximum race distance which can be run on a straight course. If no races can be run on the straight (such as at Chester) this is shown as a 0, while, for example, if there is a straight mile course, this would be an 8.

The second line of data is to do with course characteristics.

The first letter (or series of letters) refers to how flat (or not) the course is, and the following abbreviations are used:
F = Flat
G = Galloping
S = Stiff
U = Undulating
MU = Minor Undulations
Combinations of these can also be used, so sometimes you might see GS or GMU, for example.

The number after this refers to the total length of the course. However, some courses show as 0, and I'm not sure why! It usually denotes the total length of a course where there is no loop, such as at Epsom or Newmarket, or the total length of one circuit on all other courses.

The final letter(s) (and occasionally numbers) denote the following (for flat courses):
S = Sharp (when accompanied by a number, for example 4, this means the final 4 furlongs are sharp)
T = Testing (when accompanied by a number, for example 4, this means the final 4 furlongs are uphill and testing)
V = Very Sharp (same as above applies)
X = Very Testing (same as above applies)
A = Downhill & Sharp (can only be accompanied by a number, for example 4, meaning the final 4 furlongs are downhill and sharp)
B = Downhill & Very Sharp (same as above applies)
Please note, for courses where none of the above is relevant, this part is just left blank. For jumps courses, the same codes tend to apply, however an S by itself tends to denote stiff fences, while N,S seems to denote sharp. Not sure why this is.

There is also an optional line of data that can now be entered, before the first line detailed above. It enables you to set a maximum distance that can be run at any flat course where it's not possible to run 2m4f. So, Epsom, for example, has an extra line Limit:12 added, meaning the maximum distance that can be run at that course is 12 furlongs.

Last edited by SiriusChill on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 am
Group 3 winner

Wow, that is some awesome mods!

SO6.5 brought to you by SiriusChill. :lol:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:35 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Wow, that is some awesome mods! SO6.5 brought to you by SiriusChill. :lol:

Thanks pal! I decided to compile them just in time for SO6 to go out of style. Better late than never I guess. There's a few I left out too. Also many projects that never got off the ground. Maybe one day though.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 am
Selling plater

Hey Sirius good work on the us jockey and trainer mod
But when I try to use it with mj schedule it crashes. Any idea on how to fix it

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

trebird wrote:
Hey Sirius good work on the us jockey and trainer mod
But when I try to use it with mj schedule it crashes. Any idea on how to fix it

I can't tell why it doesn't work with MJ's schedule. Did you start a new game for it to take effect? Are the files in the right location? I looked at it and there should be no issue. They're just a jockey, trainer and stable files.

I just downloaded the file again and put them in my game and they worked with my schedule and the also the game's default schedule.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Sirus do u trial u league horses over u courses!!! I think I'd be interested to do so and I've always wanted my own training track for my flat league horses. I've only just seen this , I'd be interested in moving into Hilltop Stables. :D :D

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Sirus do u trial u league horses over u courses!!! I think I'd be interested to do so and I've always wanted my own training track for my flat league horses. I've only just seen this , I'd be interested in moving into Hilltop Stables. :D :D

No I don't. The times are ridiculously fast. I use it now and then for 1m7f to 2m5f races in a US Schedule. I made a monthly series of races using that distance range so I could race my homebreds. It's a pathetic affair because the game doesn't generate marathon horses for the US game even if you provide a schedule with those races. So I win with ease in many short fields.

That's the first track I built from scratch. I wanted mainly to figure out how to make decent hills and slopes and just settled on a childlike hill in the middle that gently slopes. I don't know how Gray,Bob and MJ make those realistic hills. The editor controls for doing that made me batty. It was fun creating it and would like to see the others make fictional courses.

I mentioned the idea for SO7 to have your own training track and stables. Either an already available track or make one up like this. Maybe a little farm setup you can build with the editor.

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next