View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership 
Handicapper

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 - Modders Partnership
bobsworth13 wrote:
Hello everyone

Here is my mod which I hope will eventually become part of a grand global mod. So it is a purely UK schedule with UK trainers, jockeys and owners.

In the new mods folder, create a new folder and title it any way you prefer, then unzip the attached files and it should run.

3D files incl. courses and jockey colours - http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1m5js3hd ... D.zip/file
GFX files i.e. racecard colours and trainer, jockey portraits - http://www.mediafire.com/file/e1rnbk83d ... x.zip/file
db files incl. trainers, owners, jockeys along with the modded schedule I uploaded last year - http://www.mediafire.com/file/37i3xr0t1 ... b.zip/file

Enjoy

Top work mate.

Where are these files going though? I'm getting confused with this new mods folder?

Cheers

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 pm
Handicapper

@dwhit55 & luke225:

The Mods folder is there to mirror the folder arrangement in the game.

So, if you double click on Mods, create a new folder and name it however you want to name my mod. Then, double click on it, extract my files directly into that new folder you just created.

You will see that I arranged the folders in the same way that the game arranged it.
3D
>>>race
>>>>>>>>jockeys (colours for the 3D jockeys as seen in the gameplay)
>>>courses (the course files)

gfx
>>>portraits
>>>>>>>>UK
>>>>>>>>>>>>trainers (for the pictures of the trainers)
>>>>>>>>>>>>jockeys (for the pictures of the jockeys)
>>>tables
>>>>>>>>bmp (colours for the racecard in the form section and raceday section)

db
_owners.db (the AI owners that don't refer to any of the countries)
>>>UK (for the UK schedules and owner, trainer, jockey data)

Follow it this way, and the mod should work perfectly well.

Sorry, the gfx folders in my last post missed out the /portraits/ and /tables/ folders. Here is the new link to the gfx: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/go5p3mh3bwk3q/ I edited the original post so this link will be on the original post about the mod.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:52 pm
Site Admin

Currently the table bmp files are not being picked up. Same for the jockey silks. For now these would have to be copied over the game files or wait until it's patched.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:20 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
@dwhit55 & luke225:

The Mods folder is there to mirror the folder arrangement in the game.

So, if you double click on Mods, create a new folder and name it however you want to name my mod. Then, double click on it, extract my files directly into that new folder you just created.

You will see that I arranged the folders in the same way that the game arranged it.
3D
>>>race
>>>>>>>>jockeys (colours for the 3D jockeys as seen in the gameplay)
>>>courses (the course files)

gfx
>>>portraits
>>>>>>>>UK
>>>>>>>>>>>>trainers (for the pictures of the trainers)
>>>>>>>>>>>>jockeys (for the pictures of the jockeys)
>>>tables
>>>>>>>>bmp (colours for the racecard in the form section and raceday section)

db
_owners.db (the AI owners that don't refer to any of the countries)
>>>UK (for the UK schedules and owner, trainer, jockey data)

Follow it this way, and the mod should work perfectly well.

Sorry, the gfx folders in my last post missed out the /portraits/ and /tables/ folders. Here is the new link to the gfx: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/go5p3mh3bwk3q/ I edited the original post so this link will be on the original post about the mod.

Bobs,

Just done the above, everything is mirrored in the 'mods' folder as per the db file.. and still getting the below? although they seem correct in race mode.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Handicapper

Thanks Bob.

Mark wrote:
Currently the table bmp files are not being picked up. Same for the jockey silks. For now these would have to be copied over the game files or wait until it's patched.

That sorts out my problem, thanks Mark.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 pm
Handicapper

dwhit55. Best place the bmp files in the game file itself for now. Or wait for Mark to correct the bug in the next patch.

Good to hear you are seeing the correct colours from the 3D jockeys. I thought for a minute Mark was referring to the 3D jockeys when he said silks and bmp files.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm
Handicapper

Great stuff mate, haven't played it yet but sched looks good. I'll be adding in my silks when they're done. I've gone the extra mile with these on photoshop. Literally loading real life replays to get my colours spot on, loading in and out of the game and taking screenshots to make minor design tweaks. I would encourage all modders to not focus on silks, I got you guys, trust me. I want it over and done with soon so I can play the damn game lol

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 am
Handicapper

One thing someone has to do though, it can't be me because I don't know how to use the editor, but please!! somebody for the love of god get rid of the orange traffic cones on the courses lol

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 am
Handicapper

I hear you nathd88: surely some temporary rails could be designed... I wouldn't be fussed if they had no shadows cast.

Another thing I've been wanting to see on the course editor is to be able to plot up to four end chutes... very unhappy with the unrealistic end of hurdle races at Cheltenham because I can only allocate up to two end chutes. This is why I retained my Cheltenham and 'Cheltenham old' for my own usage. I'll go to the Racecourse Editor channel and moan about this on there.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 am
Handicapper

nathd... which silks are you working on, out of interest? If you can get stars down the middle of the jacket to look good then excellent!

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 am
Handicapper

Great work Bob. Top man!

I'm looking forward to finally using those silks you've been working on, Nath. :)

I have to say, the new way to convert the mods and add them to the game must be a modders dream. Its so easy and with no need to tinker with the files in the main part of the game, crashes can now be a thing of the past. :D

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:52 am
Handicapper

Simpleminds has given me the owner list for his colours. So here they are in this amended pack.

3D files are here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/vcodlz45v ... D.zip/file
gfx files here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/mksc2saca ... x.zip/file
db files here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/23v5sikuy ... b.zip/file

Follow the same paths as on my earlier post but in the main folders... until the Mods folder gets fixed.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 pm
Handicapper

Hopefully soon Savio. I didn't do anything on it for a few months, but I've been back on it hard the last few days since the racing all got cancelled. Seeing it out to the end this time .

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Handicapper

See my post in game mods titled "now taking requests", you'll see what I've got so far. Jumps will be next, but obviously when I've mastered one particular design it becomes fast to bang out more silks with the same design as I already have the template. Got most templates now.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:12 pm
Handicapper

Samples - https://ibb.co/WWZBHbJ

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next