View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Mod request as I cann't do them 
Group 3 winner

Post Mod request as I cann't do them
Somewhere in amongst what I am hoping will be a mega mod to suit all tastes could I request two things please.

The correct race names to add authenticity
The correct advertising boards, same reason please.

Many thanks

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Mod request as I cann't do them
Definitely will have the first for all countries (at least in the flat) in my SO7 Start It when I release that in a few weeks.

I can do the second as well.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Definitely will have the first for all countries (at least in the flat) in my SO7 Start It when I release that in a few weeks.

I can do the second as well.

Would be much appreciated :)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm working on a very thorough and accurate global flat schedule, which I expect to have available by the end of January.

The emphasis is always on accuracy and detail, and it will be thoroughly tested across a large number of seasons prior to release. It will include all the latest 2019 updates to European group races (which will be announced in January) and the most up-to-date information available for all other nations included. All of the top races will be carefully prepped to create a horse racing world that is as realistic as the game will allow.

I create my own schedules for all the Starters Orders games, but this will be the first time in a few years that I plan to make it available for download.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Do these schedules have increased number of races at the lower level? I always find whilst playing that there are insufficient races for 2 and 3 year old and at the lower end of the spectrum as horses are progressing. As the total onumber of Horses in a stable is now 512, too many in my opinion, there needs to be a huge increase in races at all levels, this has not been implemented so far in the stock game.

I have never used anything but the stock schedule previously, I usually prefer the combined aspect of the game, but I think I will take the plunge this time around and try one if the ones provided by you fine gentlemen.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:11 pm
Group 1 winner

There will definitely be an increased number of feature races for 2 and 3-year-olds, including more conditions races, just below listed level.

As for non-feature maidens and novice races, the frequency of these would need to be tweaked by Mark.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I artificially add in low level races for mine so you will find a lot more races for the lower level than just the game default races.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

It has been a criticism of mine for a number of episodes of SO that there are insufficient races for the number of horses.

I would also like to see powerhouse stables like in real life, and these stables get the lions share of the decent horses. So a handful or so stables with 100-250 horses.

The player's number should be realistically limited, and not 512, I hate to think of managing 512 horses. I play slowly and manually train, it would be a nightmare.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, I agree, further tweaks need to be made to the balance of non-feature races, so that there are enough races available for all horse ages and types. We shouldn't really need to add normal races to the feature race list to fill the gaps.

Also agree about the stables. Even a basic system to start with would be good, where the stables listed higher up the list in the data file are allocated more horses than the ones further down.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]