View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Relationships between jockeys, owners and trainers 
Handicapper

Post Relationships between jockeys, owners and trainers
I am currently building up the data files for UK jockeys, owners and trainers for the grand mod with simpleminds, mjtags11 and myself. However, I am running into problems with allocating the owners and trainers to jockeys in a way that is realistic. The game engine only allows for 1:1 relationships so one owner (set of silks) to one jockey/trainer. Given that owners have horses with several different trainers and vice versa along with the fact that some jockeys are retained by owners which makes them ride for different trainers, it makes it difficult to maintain realism.

So would it be possible for an update to enable a many-to-many relationship between owners, trainers and jockeys. So if we have, for example, one jockey riding for the Queen but the Queen has horses with four trainers, the game engine can divide the Queen's horses by four and distribute them to each of the trainers. The same principle for a trainer that has several owners as many of the top trainers do and for jockeys that ride for different trainers.

So, in an owner entry in owners.db, we might have:
The Queen
10,R Moore,J Doyle,D Tudhope

A trainer entry might look like:
J Gosden
10,R Moore;15,P Cosgrave;25,J Crowley

Just a suggestion but it will be awesome if the game can allow for this.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:20 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Relationships between jockeys, owners and trainers
That's something I'd like to see. If not this I'd settle for just being able to give a trainer more than one set of silks. When watching races it does get a bit boring seeing the same set of silks over and over again. What I did in SO6 which was to my taste, admittedly wouldn't have been to everyones!, but I put M Johnston and Gosden etc in the game a few times. So say Gosden would have Frankie and Abdullah silks on one, and Havlin and his green silks on another. It was just nice to see Gosden with all of his main silks, but obvs had to kind of live in ignorance of the fact I'd given him multiple stables.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:52 am
Selling plater

I would definitely love that option, Bobsworth. Have you played the owner game mode, Nathd88. When you play owner mode you can have so many more silks, and the trainers will have multiple owners. It feels a lot more realistic. The only rub is, you can't assign silks to trainers before the game. Although you can assign jockeys to owners. Jacob to Munir and Soude for e.g.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm
Selling plater

This is a great idea. One thing i would like to see is a jockey autobook system where you can set your jockey booking preferences. Say you have 3 choices taking Willie Mullins as an example Walsh would be No 1, Townend no 2 and Danny Mullins No 3.

I enter 3 horses in a race first horse would get Walsh against it 2nd horse i enter would automatically be allocated Townend and 3rd Mullins if they are available. This would be good if you do not have a retained rider or your retained would automatically be No1. Surprised its not already included when you have certain trainers who have this like Godolphin or Aiden O'Brien.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]