View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Never made a custom schedule before - a couple of questions? 
Handicapper

Post Never made a custom schedule before - a couple of questions?
So basically, I want to replace all the claiming and selling races in the Australian schedule with other races, due to fact that we don't actually have claiming races. So questions:

1. If I create custom races in the featureRaces.db, will they replace the default races if I put in the maximum amount of races a day?

2. Can I repeat "feature races" so just name a custom race [eg. (C2) Handicap (105) 3yo+ 1m3f] and then repeat the name anytime I want to include that race?
(I kind of answered this when making the test one below in that you choose a month but do you have to choose a month?)

3. Am I getting the syntax on this right?

<NAME>(C2) 1m2f Handicap (0-105)<RACECOURSE>Ascot:cc_flatTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>14500<DISTANCE>12.0<RACECATAG>H105<AGE>3YOUP<RTGLIMIT>105

4. In the race tags instructions, the H numbers go up to 180. Is it really possible to create Handicaps up to that? What class would a Handicap over 110 be?

5. What is the currency conversion rate in game? You have to enter it in GBP and I'm trying to get the Australian amount right.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:07 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Never made a custom schedule before - a couple of questi
Sorry don’t know answers to all your questions.

The answer to Q4 is that a 110 handicap is a class 2.

Yasmin

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:16 pm
Handicapper

Thank you Yasmin. Is that because everything in a Class 1 is either a Listed race or a Group race?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:26 pm
Handicapper

Listed races including listed handicaps and group races are class 1

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:46 pm
Group 1 winner

You cant get a flat horse above 140 rated the 180 Rated races are for the Jumping (National Hunt) horses handicaps even a Group 1 handicap top weight on the Flat would be 140 and no matter what Custom Schedule you Make or Races per day the Game still produces Races like sellers and Claimers unless Mark knows a way to stop these in the Australian game as the Game is automated to make races no matter what country you play from they will have Build Game Races in.

Gray

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Oh I didn't realise that was for jump races - I've never even seen a jump race, they're super rare here.

So even if I made a schedule that had custom handicaps for every race up to the maximum on every race day, it would still generate more races for that day? Even if I can just put more options in for handicaps and all the Listed races, that would be better than the default.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 pm
Group 1 winner

twilightramblings wrote:
Oh I didn't realise that was for jump races - I've never even seen a jump race, they're super rare here.

So even if I made a schedule that had custom handicaps for every race up to the maximum on every race day, it would still generate more races for that day? Even if I can just put more options in for handicaps and all the Listed races, that would be better than the default.

If you are doing 3 meetings everyday from start to Finish then that might be different.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

I know mjtags mentioned in the post about Start It mod that they'd put in more long distance handicaps. Might be I just have to test it and find out :lol:

I've got half the Australian class 1 races written out already, so I should be able to at least finish those today. Then I'll just have to create Conditions races and handicaps and I don't mind if they repeat on a cycle so copy and paste will be my friend.

I've actually learned a lot about Australian racing in the last day or so. Like, we don't have traditional handicap ratings anymore. And metropolitan handicap races have purses of over $100,000. And up to 10th place gets paid. And the whole thing about not having anything resembling claiming races. Plus our handicap races are divided into two different ranks, so the good ones are called a Quality instead of a Handicap.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:12 am
Selling plater

Hi Guys.
Just so you know Twilight, we have around 61 Victorian jumps races and approx 23 South Australian jumps races on Australia's current jumps calendar.
These races take place usually from March to August annually.
It is indeed limited as you have stated, but thank goodness we still at least have those.
It's why I suggested to Mark that we needed just a combined schedule for Australia as a full jumps schedule would have been way too unrealistic.

Still, its going to take some time to produce enough courses for a Aussie jumps schedule as most are courses that will need to be made from scratch ...... not being part of the one's that come with the game.
In fact I think only one (Morphettville) came with Starters Orders initially and I have had to make major changes to the infield of that course to allow both Steeplechasing and hurdle racing.
I'm also only just finishing Casterton too now so of the 16 courses required for jumps racing in Oz ... I now have 4 (Oakbank, Warrnambool, Morphettville and Casterton).

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 am
Handicapper

Hi Wingding,

I'm planning on maybe posting my schedule when I finish to anyone interested once I'm done testing it for a few seasons, since it will only be using the default tracks and won't require having Start It or anything like that, it'll just be a schedule file. Just realised I have to figure out international races as well, so it might be a little while. But I'm determined to see if I can get it working, because the lack of races is seriously affecting my enjoyment of the game. Not that I don't like the game - I've put in like 200 hours in the last month; I'm on holiday for the first time in two years and I've been sick :lol:

I'm not planning on playing a jumps game as I'm still learning all the details of a flat one, but I'm hoping I'll be able to have a spread of days that use the normal 2 course setup and days that use 3. Especially on days when Flemington only has feature races. So if I can get it to balance out like that, jumps races could be added on the spare days?

As you said, the courses have to be set up first, so hopefully I'll get my schedule set up before they are.

So if the courses in the games don't offer jumps except Morphettville, what course is the combined schedule that's being tested using?

Bonus Question about schedules: The foreign races such as Dubai and South Africa, as well as the UK and US aren't in the default racecourse file. How do I find these? And can I use the racecourses from the other schedules as international courses if I copy the racecourse data over? Think I just figured this out - there's separate database files that I have to find in the game files?
And is the race code NOVICEHCP for 2yo Handicapped Novice races? Or do I just do normal handicaps but restrict them to 2yos?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 am
Selling plater

The combined schedule for Australia has only very recently been added to the game 'Twilight' thus why there is currently very little content for it.
It is also, at this stage, really just for modders as the creator of this game (Mark) has stated that he has very little knowledge of Australian jumps racing and will rely on community members to assist where possible.
As far as me personally I have created four jumps courses. Three from scratch and Morphettville that I have refurbished to now support jumps racing.
I plan to eventually create all the courses needed for jumps racing in Australia but that as I said earlier will take time as using the built in racecourse editor is not an easy task.

As far as the schedules go, I do believe as one of the users said previously, that to eliminate auto race creation one would have to enter 3 complete race meetings for every day of the year.
An almost impossible task.
Certainly not one that I would want to take on as I am more of a graphics designer than text editor.
In fact take a look at the new 3d winning post models I created today for Morphettville's flat and jumps circuits.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm
Group 2 winner

Did not work fairdinkam.

Last edited by Tomas on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 am
Group 2 winner

Wingding I have turned the combined Australian schedule into a jumps only schedule, a full season, are you going to release your Australian jumps Tracks me mate? :wink:

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 am
Handicapper

I know it sounds a bit like flying too close to the sun, but that's what I intend to do - all custom races on all three courses for ten races a day. The hard ones are the stakes ones, because I have to copy their information and all are different. Once I get to the handicaps/handicaps/maidens, I can just copy and paste and change the date. I still need to test whether I can use one custom race name multiple times during the month. Otherwise I'll gather the names of a month's worth of races from a couple of race courses off a betting site and probably create my own. One's like the John Curtin Distance Handicap or TAB Charity Novice. I'll probably download a random word generator from online and feed it a whole bunch of phrases to create the names if I have to go that way.

I'm also going to test whether I can just leave a course free on certain days, so not have all 3 courses every day, since 2 courses is the default. It may be that the game makes the 3rd with default races or it may be that it's blank.

The only thing I'm really struggling with is the currency conversion - Tomas, how did you do the prize money in your schedule so that it was the right amount in AUD? And Australian racing seems to have quite high prize amounts on handicaps, so I'm going to have to decide on an amount more relative to what it would be in-game.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:14 am
Group 2 winner

twilightramblings wrote:
The only thing I'm really struggling with is the currency conversion - Tomas, how did you do the prize money in your schedule so that it was the right amount in AUD? And Australian racing seems to have quite high prize amounts on handicaps, so I'm going to have to decide on an amount more relative to what it would be in-game.

Twilight, if you want my full Australian flat schedule with the tracks, I will release them mate.

concerning the Australian full jumps schedule we will wait and see what wingding says about his Australian jumps tracks if he will release them on here, then I will upload them all, Australian jumps schedule for you guys to enjoy.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next