View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Never made a custom schedule before - a couple of questions? 
Handicapper

Post Re: Never made a custom schedule before - a couple of questi
Hey Tomas, thanks for the offer :D I've actually almost finished writing out all the feature races in Australia before I saw this but I'd still be curious to see the currency amounts, since I know I need to convert them but I don't know by how much. I was planning on putting in the normal AUD amount, starting the schedule editor and then taking down the percentage they'd changed.

Do you have all the lesser races in there too, like handicaps and such?

I've also realised while wondering about the currency amounts why the prize amounts are so random in the game, like $9,578 - it's because it's converted, probably from $10,000. So I'm going to try and standardise those to full amounts. I won't be using the realistic amounts though, since even mid-week low handicaps get like $30,000 for purses. No wonder everyone I know knows someone who owns a racehorse :lol: I was actually school friends with the girl whose dad owned Miss Andretti!

Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:41 am
Group 2 winner

That was a good horse twilight, won a few good dollars on her in her time, I use to be in harness racing in the 80's early 90's me self, use to train & drive, had a couple of good horses, but they where the days, and now I am old and frail thank god for the dreams they will live with me till the end of days.

ps, the game has it's own money inverter.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:47 am
Handicapper

Oh it does? Is that in the schedule editor? I saw in the instructions that you have to write the currency in the race set up as GBP, so I was trying to convert all of them manually :lol:

I felt really silly because the friend never mentioned anything other than going to the races on the weekend, then I finally saw a newspaper article on this horse who'd won lots of top races and the owner had the same last name as my friend. Then I asked her straight and then she started talking about it.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:01 am
Selling plater

LOL! You weren't a Vic Frost or a Tony Turnbull were you, Tomas?

As for my jumps courses, two are already out there in the form of Oakbank and Warrnambool which I allowed Mark to send out with the temp combined Aussie schedule.
I've also since worked on both making them visually better with additional new 3D objects.
Whereas Morphettville and Casterton still need a bit more work.
In fact it was funny today watching Casterton jumps racing on TV considering I had been working on it in the editor just prior.

As for releasing courses, I'll wait til I have a full course pack (approx 16).

The biggest issue for me with schedules is that you cannot stop the auto generation of race meetings on blank race days.
For example I want only the meetings listed below in the two website links to show up in the Aussie combined schedule, but unless the rest of the days are completely full this cannot happen.
https://cdn.racing.com/-/media/rv/2019- ... ng-program
https://southaustralianjumpsracing.file ... r-a3-2.pdf

As for turning the combined Aussie schedule into an Aussie jumps only schedule Tomas, that will result in a very unrealistic season as Australia only has around 100 jumps races a year.
A full schedule would not be true to life mate at all, thus why I'll stick with the combined for now.

I've never tried any of the Startit mods.
Do you know if the creator of those made real life courses using the google maps method?
As i'm not at all interested in courses if they aren't modeled from satellite images and google terrain info.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:04 pm
Group 2 winner

Oh wingding those were the days me mate, Vic & Margaret Frost, Kevin Newman Ashley Adios, Tony Turnbull trained the great Hondo Gratin, no I with I was one of those great Trainers I started at Croydon Park, when I was 12 year old, with a chap called Billy Pickens they use to call him the colonel, I have seen great horses in my time, what about the champion miler Paleface Adios, Pure Steel.
ps. to tell you the truth wingding I ever downloaded the Start it mods mate, so I wouldn't know if they are true or copy's, he perfected a couple of Australian courses, Flemington, Randwick, did a good job on them mind you.

Twilight, Miss Andretti was a good horse mate.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, I originally intended to use the Start It Mod but right now there's still some kinks to be worn out and it crashes if you go to one of the "new" racecourses.
So my intention with this schedule was really to make something that would work within the current tracks so that if stuff changes, it will have less chance of crashing a save.

I'm doing the Magic Millions race day and all the other ones that are for like Fillies and Mares and the Maiden one. Can I use the conditions tag to specify a horse can't enter without a win if it's a Group race rather than a conditions race?
(ETA: I really should start searching through all the files before asking questions. I just found a G3 race from France using the <CONDITIONS> tag, so for anyone with the same question, the answer is yes.)

Double ETA: How does the game handle prep races? According to the information I'm reading, for example, some horses will go from the Australia Stakes to the Lightning Stakes OR they'll go to the Rubiton Stakes OR they'll go to the CF Orr Stakes (Rubiton and CF Orr Stakes are both on the same day). Can I make the Australia Stakes a prep race for all three of those and the AI will split the entries across the three or will it force the AI horse to run in all three races the Australia Stakes is a prep race from?

So in a visual, I want to know if this set up works:

Australia Stakes

_preps,Australia Stakes
Lightning Stakes

_preps,Australia Stakes
Rubiton Stakes

_preps,Australia Stakes
CF Orr Stakes

Prep races might actually be the hardest part of not knowing Australian racing - there's not really a visual infographic mapping them out, so I'm reading betting sites and seeing what they say about what races horses will have run in before and what they'll go on to run in after doing well. I'm assuming people who watch even just the big races might know which ones the big horses did before this race.

Whereas, after like six seasons of playing the default schedule, I've already been planning my own prep schedules for my horses in the lead up to a certain Group race in the schedule. But I rarely do the built in prep races, because they're usually two weeks apart and across a few months, and I don't like racing my horses that much or they're too low on constitution :lol:

Since you guys know Australian racing, is there any particular paths up to certain races that you included in your schedule or you keep an eye on?

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:48 am
Handicapper

Trying not to spam so adding this here.

I want to test the schedule of feature races, to make sure it's okay, but when I select the mod folder and then start a new game with just the new schedule files in the folder, it doesn't use the new schedule?

Should I be installing it to:
Program Files > Starters Orders 7 > Mods > [Custom Schedule] > db > AUS

And should the file names be the same as the original? I've just got the _sched_f.db and the featureRaces_flat.db ones at the moment as they're the only ones I've changed.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2