View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Error while loading custom schedule? 
Handicapper

Post Error while loading custom schedule?
Hey all,

Thanks for the kind help starting my custom schedule. I'm finally at the point of checking the races and I've run into an error every time I've tried to load it. I've gone over it like four times, and have caught a few mistakes, but it looks perfect now.

The error is: LIB::FATAL ERROR: Can't get valid showcaseRacesInit::day line. Race no: , 1

Can anyone help with where I should be looking to fix that?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:23 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Error while loading custom schedule?
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST
The forum is literally 404'ing me out whenever I try to delete it :shock:

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Group 1 winner

The error message is telling you the issue is with the first race in the schedule.

First off does your schedule file have the right details at the top?

I think you are making an Australian schedule? This is what is at the top of the default Australian schedule...

[pool]5000
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]nz
start=216
end=176

Yours should look like that at the top. Your specific numbers can be different.

Check the first race in your showcase file for errors. Do the same with your schedule file.

Paste the first race showcase details here if you can't figure it out.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:26 pm
Handicapper

Should my schedule start with the August races, since Australia starts in August? The default schedule doesn't but the Start It schedule that I peeked at does?

I've doubled checked them for errors but can't see any, so this is the first day listed in the schedule (Jan 1st like the default):

[pool]5000
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]nz
start=216
end=176
Warrick Farm
Tattersalls Club Cup
Flemington
Standish Handicap
Flemington
Bagot Handicap
Ascot
Perth Cup
Ascot
La Trice Classic
Ascot
Summer Scorcher
Ascot
Fitzpatrick Plate
Ascot
Mandurah Cup

And this is the showcase details for those same races:

<NAME>Tattersalls Club Cup<RACECOURSE>Warrick Farm:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>150000<DISTANCE>12.0<RACECATAG>LISTEDHCP<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Standish Handicap<RACECOURSE>Flemington:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>150000<DISTANCE>6.0<RACECATAG>G3H<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Bagot Handicap<RACECOURSE>Flemington:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>150000<DISTANCE>15.0<RACECATAG>LISTEDHCP<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Perth Cup<RACECOURSE>Ascot:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>500000<FORCEFIELD>big<DISTANCE>12.0<RACECATAG>G2H<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>La Trice Classic<RACECOURSE>Ascot:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>150000<DISTANCE>9.0<RACECATAG>G3<AGE>3YOUP<SEX>FM

<NAME>Summer Scorcher<RACECOURSE>Ascot:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>100000<DISTANCE>5.0<RACECATAG>LISTEDHCP<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Fitzpatrick Plate<RACECOURSE>Ascot:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>100000<DISTANCE>6.0<RACECATAG>H120<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Mandurah Cup<RACECOURSE>Ascot:cc_flagTurf1
<MONTH>Jan<PRIZE>100000<DISTANCE>7.0<RACECATAG>H120<AGE>3YOUP

Thanks for taking a look, I've gone over it so many times the words don't mean anything anymore :lol: I was glad to find out my text editor highlighted HTML for me - it meant the tags stood out while I was checking them and I found a few that weren't formatted properly on my last check.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

The first race - Warrick Farm. It's actually Warwick Farm. The 3D course file name is named Warwick Farm. There's a fix right there. Fix that name.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 pm
Handicapper

:shock: Oh no, I can't believe it was something that silly. I think that was the only course name I didn't triple check the spelling of :lol:
It'll be like that for all the races at that racecourse, so I'll find and replace them all.
Thank you for checking it over and I'll post up how I go tomorrow after I fix it. Hopefully that's the only thing.
I may as well double-check, I've got a couple of races called Premiers Cup, at different racecourses and different months. Should I change the names of those so that they're more distinctive?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I may as well double-check, I've got a couple of races called Premiers Cup, at different racecourses and different months. Should I change the names of those so that they're more distinctive?

They're fine if at different tracks. If they were at the same track the game will use the first race in the order for the schedule.

Schedules are a pain when first putting them together. I did many years ago so when I make new ones now I can just cut and paste info from them into a new schedule. I only have to update info here and there. My proofreading task was done long ago.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:23 pm
Handicapper

Unfortunately, even with the change I'm still getting the crash.

I've decided to make an Excel spreadsheet with formulas to format the text for the races and the schedule. I saw one in a very informative post on here while I was searching for if someone else had had the same error. It means typing out all... 600 races again :shock: but at least then if I want to add another race later on, I'll just have to fill it out and it'll be easy to see dates and such. Walls of text are driving me a bit stir crazy. And then since I can make it use the same cells for information, I know that I'm getting the racetracks and race names exactly the same in both files.

Luckily, I had a flare up of an illness bad enough to put me in the ER earlier this week, so I'm on bedrest and very bored. Well, maybe not lucky, just bittersweet lol. I don't want to play my actual game, because if all goes well and a new save works for a couple of seasons, I want to export my horses. I'm just at that stage of finally breeding some good ones, in my first successful start, so I'm a little attached to them. One of them even won the Melbourne Cup *throws confetti*.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 am
Group 1 winner

An easier way might be to make the Feature Race file like it was used in SO6 and then use the converter tool in S07 to make it compatible. That's what I did.

The details for a race in the SO6 Showcase file look like this...

6,G3H,3UP
Caulfield:cc_flatTurf1
Standish Handicap
January

Much easier to input the data in this format. When you're finished you use the converter tool in SO7. Simpleminds has made a how to video on how to convert SO6 files here - http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17879

To start make a notepad file and name it _showc_f.dat

Then add all your races.

This is a guide to making the feature races in SO6. It's pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
There have been quite a few people across all the forums asking how to amend the showcases files, so for those that are planning to change the data in the showcases files here is a brief guide to all the data that can be held in this file:

Each race has five lines of data in this file...

First line of data

Examples:

6,L,4UP
7,G3,3,CG
18.75,110,4UP
12,G3 COND:notwongroup=1,4UP,FM

The first number is the race distance in furlongs. Usually this would be up to a maximum of 20 (2m4f) in the flat game, or 36 (4m4f) in the jumps game. It is also possible to add part-furlongs (in quarters) as well, so for example you can create race distances like 6f55y, 6f110y or 6f165y by making the number in the file 6.25, 6.5 or 6.75.

The second piece of information is the race type. The following race types are available:

G1 - Group 1
G2 - Group 2
G3 - Group 3
L - Listed Race
COND - Conditions Race (see below)
M - Maiden
G1H - Group 1 Handicap
G2H - Group 2 Handicap
G3H - Group 3 Handicap
LH - Listed Handicap
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 150, 160 or 180 - Handicaps
N - Novice
NH - Novice Handicap
JUV - Juvenile
JUVH - Juvenile Handicap
NHF - NH Flat Race
HUNT - Hunter Chase

When it comes to conditions races, you can either create a Conditions Race (just add any of the following by itself), or you can add conditions to any other race type (see the example above where I have added conditions to a G3 race). The options available are (where there is an =, you need to enter a number after this in the file):

COND:musthaverun (horses must have previously run)
COND:maxwins= (the race will only be open to horses that have won that number or fewer races)
COND:maxruns= (the race will only be open to horses that have run in that number or fewer races)
COND:notwonclass= (the race will only be open to horses that have not won that class of race or higher)
COND:notwongroup= (the race will only be open to horses that have not won that level of group race or higher)

The third piece of information is the age restrictions. The following are available:

2 - 2yo only
23 - 2 & 3yo only
2UP - 2yo+
3 - 3yo only
34 - 3 & 4yo only
3UP - 3yo+
4UP - 4yo+
5UP - 5yo+
6UP - 6yo+
10UP - 10yo+

The fourth piece of information is optional, and relates to any sex restrictions. If it's left blank, there is no restriction, otherwise the following can be used:

F - Fillies only
FM - Fillies & Mares only
C - Entire Colts only
CG - Colts & Geldings only
CF - Entire Colts & Fillies

I wouldn't use F, C or CF for races that include older horses, as you will find the races won't include mares or stallions, so there won't be any horses above the age of 4. I would only use those options for races that are restricted to 2 or 3yo only (although I would use CG for races that aren't restricted to entire colts), and would use FM or CG for relevant races that are open to older horses.

Second line of data

Examples

500000,X
30000,F13,R100

The number represents the total added prize money for the race.

The other information is optional. The second piece of information you can include here relates to field size, and you have the following options:

S - Small (roughly up to 10 runners in non-handicaps and up to around 14 runners in handicaps)
M - Medium (roughly up to 15 runners in non-handicaps and up to around 20 runners in handicaps)
X - Large (roughly up to 20 runners in non-handicaps and up to 30 runners in handicaps)
F - Fixed (followed by a number, as in the example above, this is the maximum field allowed in the race)

For fixed fields, in handicaps the game will allow more than the maximum to be declared, with the horses missing the cut (based on ratings) being eliminated on the day of the race. For non-handicaps, a fixed field will usually allow up to the maximum to be declared.

The third piece of information here (which again is optional), is the maximum preferred rating for horses in the race. You enter an R, followed by the rating, as in the example above. This is particularly useful for setting a preferred ratings ceiling for races that are otherwise open, such as with graded or open handicaps in the jumps game.

Third line of data

The third line of data is just the racecourse. Please note that in the jumps game you would add a 2 to the end of the name to denote that it's the hurdles course, as if you just put the course name in it will assume it's the chase course (note, you would add a 3 to Aintree to select the National course!). Also, on the flat game there are now two courses at Newmarket and Lingfield. The default options are the Rowley Mile and Lingfield's turf course, so you would add a 2 if you wanted to use the July Course or Lingfield's all-weather.

Fourth line of data

The fourth line of data is the race name. This much match exactly with what you're planning to put in the schedule file, otherwise it won't work!

Fifth line of data

The fifth line of data is just the month of the race. This is actually just as a guide, to make it easier to find races when you're glancing through them either in the file or in the schedule editor in the game.

If anyone has any questions, please ask, and if I've missed anything I will update this later :D

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:08 am
Handicapper

Oh gosh, that's so much easier than the SO7 format. Switching between those tags in the brackets and the normal text made my hand ache something chronic :lol:
It certainly introduces less chance for errors, since even one mis-spelt tag or even a random fullstop instead of a > can stop the whole thing working.

Is it just the feature race file that you replace and the schedule file is still the same?
Could the error I've been getting be because I've got too many races on one day? I've made sure to keep it to three tracks or less (mostly making it two) but there might be a day or two where I accidentally went over. I saw the limit is 10 races per course?

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:28 am
Group 1 winner

Three tracks a day with 8 races per track are the limit.

The schedule file format in SO6 is the same format in SO7.

All you'll need to do is convert the _showc_f.dat file you've created which when converted is then re-named featureRaces_flat.db in SO7.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:43 am
Handicapper

That might be where I've gone wrong then. I've definitely gone up to 10 on some days. Might try editing that out, give it one more try, then go the SO6 > SO7 way.

Thanks for all the help, I was completely lost on what to try next.

(After testing) And... it's official. I'm officially offering my kidney as payment if Mark would like it, in exchange for a script to run over the db files to check for errors/clashes :lol: I'm going to rewrite them in the SO6 format, filling out the schedule as I write the races, instead of bulk writing them down. I'm determined to figure this out, so I'll just keep trying :D

ETA: So I was just looking up tags like the ones the races use and saw something that said that Mac OS uses a different line break hidden marker than Windows. I'm doing all my editing on a Mac, could that be what's messing it up?

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:18 am
Handicapper

OMG IT WAS THE LINE ENDING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAC AND WINDOWS

I GOT MY TEXT EDITOR TO CHANGE IT TO WINDOWS STYLE AND IT WORKED :D :D :D

(Sorry if I'm not meant to post in all-caps, I'm just so relieved to have it actually finally work... and to not have to keep retyping the races :lol:)

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:37 am
Handicapper

Welp, now I'm back to debugging. I hadn't done international races in my original schedule, now after adding them it's just straight crashing with no error message. I have adjusted the dates of some of them, I hope that's not the issue. I used the schedule editor in-game to generate a new schedule with just the international races and it wouldn't let me add certain races to the schedule in-game, so I manually added them. I have changed all the months in the featureRaces file. In particular, I've moved the UK Triple Crown, as that happens over June, July and then September, which would mean it couldn't be completed in the same season.

I also added like 150 races from NZ, still only using the default tracks. I converted that using the SO6 method. Could it be a conflict between having the second nationality listed as NZ and then also having the races as custom international races?

It's definitely in the Windows format and I've trimmed any trailing spaces.

My plan is to make new featureRace files for the other countries with only the races I want to include. For the sake of sharing information, I'll keep updating this thread with any progress :D

ETA: :shock: I'm obviously not cut out for a coding career, because I figured out the problem. I found a thread that said that if it's a race problem, it'll show the error I was getting and if it's a schedule overall problem, like too many races or wrong dates, it'll just crash without an error. Guess what I accidentally did when adding new international races to an already very full schedule?

Extra fun fact: I don't know why or whether it would have crashed when I went to watch a race at a course, but I realised in coding the new races that I'd somehow started typing cc_flagTurf1 instead of cc_flatTurf1. Even with the mistake, my original Aus-only schedule still loaded up and had the correct history and course for all the races.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:32 am
Selling plater

You need to follow some written tips which will help you to solve this error problem in a good way. I can understand it is dificult for you to write the content by phone but you can take the review page help where you can also choose the review of written content in a more accurate way. This is always helpful to get the writing tips from the different writing service platforms.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next