View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Australian Race Schedule 
Selling plater

Post Australian Race Schedule
This game is the best horse racing game i have seen.
I am making myself a Australian Race Schedule.
Not far from finishing it as i have only got the preps to do.
I have
74 GROUP 1 RACES
94 GROUP 2 RACES
164 GROUP 3 RACES
264 LISTED RACES
11 OTHERS RACES
TOTAL OF 607 AUSTRALIAN RACES.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:43 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Australian Race Schedule
If you'd like the file for 90 NZ group and listed races as well, I can upload it for you. It worked for me during my testing phase but it would just be the showcase file, so you'd need to add them to your schedule and add any preps. I've shifted a few dates around and made the courses fit the default ones, so I moved them to the closest one possible.

You might need to add field sizes because I haven't gone through and made sure they're all working in that regard.

The default schedule only has like 17.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:55 am
Selling plater

Are you going to add races such as The Everest and the Golden Eagle?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 pm
Selling plater

i am not putting NZ races in at the moment.
Yes the Everest and the Golden Eagle are there with the All Stars Mile.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:12 pm
Selling plater

fantastic to hear.

Can I say that just as important as getting the Group and listed races right, is to also add in many more maidens/handicaps and country tracks etc.

Tomas (iirc) did an awesome Aus schedule for SO6 that made the game so much better because it had all the regional courses as well as up to date black type races.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 am
Handicapper

MJtags is doing awesome work with the Start It mod and his Australian schedule is up to date (except maybe The Everest) and has custom courses for a lot of Australia. I've only used the default courses for mine.

I've been adding in some non-graded races as fillers (I'm trying to get a feature race meeting a day in my schedule) but I don't like how the game treats the handicaps and maidens as feature races. I really wish we had more options with the default pre-filled races.

Do you have problems with getting enough maidens tombomb? I ended up with 50 (!) in one "races available to book" period at one point. But I do agree about the handicap variety and frequency.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 am
Selling plater

I had a go with Start-it mod a couple of months ago and maybe I didn't give the mod it's due.

Just looking at it again now, and I find the Japanese and South African stuff very distracting. But maybe it is easier to just ignore than I first realised.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:07 pm
Selling plater

Yes it would be very good to have more options with the default pre-filled races.
With my schedule its has the lastest prizemoney for this season in it.
46 Australian Race Tracks in it.
The prizemoney with the default needs to be lifted to get in line with todays prizemoney.
Is there any way to change this.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:17 pm
Handicapper

tombomb, you could possibly go through the Start It mod and take out the races you don't like - you only have to remove them from the schedule, not from the feature race files.
I know MJtags was doing an update for the mod because there was some crash issues with the custom tracks, so if that was a problem, that might be fixed now.

I've mostly taken out the South Africa races in my schedule but I do have Hong Kong, Japan, US, a small amount of UK, Dubai and a few from Canada, Ireland and France, because I was following the Breeders' Cup Challenge Series and the Road to the Kentucky Derby/Oaks as a guide for which international races would actually have draw appeal. Since I'm aiming at one meeting of races a day for the whole year, so that the default races are forced to fill out a normal meeting too, I've got quite a few international days, about ten a month. And I've extended the season to end on the 27th of July, like it normally does.

Oldpeter, I agree the defaults need to be adjusted too. Both prize money and spread of races.

Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:37 am
Selling plater

Any Idea when this schedule will be finished/uploaded?

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:33 am
Selling plater

Making a Australian Jump schedule up.
I found 22 main jumps races only.
Playing the Australian Jumps races on their own works very well.
Also no problems with the Australian Combined Schedule.
I need a better video card and whats the best to buy.
My video card works but you have got to have it on low.
I love the Warrnambool track its just so real and who ever made it has done a great job.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:32 am
Handicapper

Oldpeter, there is a sub Reddit called https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/who are a great community of computer people who could help you with choosing a new GPU. I’d have a look at the recommended specs on the Steam page listing too.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:18 am
Selling plater

My Australian race schedule is finished and works good.
Takes a bit of time to do and the only problems you have is if you type the wrong thing.
Once you correct your typing error you never have a crash.
I am thinking of getting a 4 GIG video card as i only got a 1 GIG now.
I made a spreadsheet up with all the races on so i can find things easy.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:54 am
Handicapper

I did a spreadsheet too. Actually, I wrote it all out in a notebook in two different ways (meets per day and then the full race schedule) because I hate reading walls of text on the text editor.

I made a post a couple of days ago about what can cause errors - it's not just typing the wrong thing, it's also havinng too many meetings/races, the wrong dates or stuff like having spaces at the end of your race lines (which some people don't think of in terms of typing the wrong thing).

I have a GTX1060 6GB, i7-8750H and 16GB of RAM in a gaming laptop setup and it's really overkill for the game i think. I play other stuff though that needs a beast :lol: The Steam page has the recommended specs listed as a 2GB video card. I am in no way an expert and I would definitely recommend going to that Reddit sub because they can help you with if the new card is compatible with the rest of your system (power can be an issue) but if I was going for a lower end but still powerful card, I'd go for a Radeon RX like this: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/627783/Gigabyte-Radeon-RX570-Gaming-4GB-GDDR5. They're said to be pretty powerful and a lot cheaper than NVIDIA at the moment, plus Apple use them in their MacBook Pros, so they must pack a bit of a punch to power that. If you're in Australia, that computer store (PLE) are great, with fast shipping, cheaper prices than others and I've used them for both full computers and parts.

I've finished my Australian schedule too but I'm still debugging spelling errors, track errors and field size. Plus working out the best way of doing preps, especially for big series like the Breeders' Cup Challenge.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:38 am
Selling plater

I did some editing of race courses and got rid of trees and my video cards runs well at 60 now.
I put 2 trees near each other and my rate went from 60 to 30.
Looks like trees take a lot of the video card.
Does anyone know if they are going to update the EDITOR from starters orders 6 to starters orders 7 as starters orders 6 EDITOR crashes a lot.
Yes you can only have 8 races a meeting with 3 meeting a day in the schedule.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next