View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Could pool size cause crashing when entering formbook? 
Handicapper

Post Could pool size cause crashing when entering formbook?
I have approximately 1100 races and a pool size of 20,000. Since I loaded this schedule, the game has been crashing when I enter the formbook. I posted in technical difficulties in case it was the most recent update but has anyone seen that kind of crash due to a schedule?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:28 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Could pool size cause crashing when entering formbook?
hi twilight, drop your pool size to 16000 and have four nations for your secondary_nat with a comma after the last nation mate should work

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:29 am
Handicapper

Oh thank you! I've got the international percentage set to 15 but I do have more than 4 secondary nationalities.

I assumed the pool size would have to be increased to fill out the increased races but I think I've also written myself into a problem by not having any maidens or novices in the other countries, so the other country's horses aren't really handicapped accurately. I've got plenty of half empty race days, so that'll be beta schedule 7 :lol:

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:55 am
Group 2 winner

the game automatically releases maiden & novice races twilight, percentage for that many races should be 27 that could work, it's working in my game although I am playing the Australian game.

Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:32 am
Handicapper

I'm playing an Australian game too, though I've got a lot of USA races that lead up to the Kentucky Derby and the Kentucky Oaks, plus the Breeders' Cup Challenge.

I've noticed some automatically generated maidens on international tracks but not on all the meetings. It's not novice season yet though in my test run.

Does forcing the field sizes in the international races affect how many generate in the international races?

Did you figure out the right number for the pool or did I miss reading that somewhere?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:46 pm
Group 2 winner

this is the start of my Australian Schedule twilight, hoping it works for you mate.

[pool]16000
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]New Zealand, United Kingdom, France, North America, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong,
start=215
end=212

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]