View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 How should I do the preps for this series? 
Handicapper

Post How should I do the preps for this series?
I've gone through and included most of the races from the Road to the Kentucky Derby (and Oaks) from 2018: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Road_to_the_Kentucky_Derby

There's about 10 prep season races, then a first leg of about six races, then a second leg of about six races and then of course the Kentucky Derby at the end.

Since in real life it's the horses with the most points who qualify for the Derby, I want to make it so horses compete in as many of the races as possible before moving on to the Derby.

My instinct is to prep the prep season with all the races before them, so the last one would have all 9 previous races. Then prep the first race of the first leg with all 10 prep races, but only prep the second race of the first race with the previous first leg race. So like this:

Prep Races
_preps,Iroquois Stakes,American Pharoah Stakes,Champagne Stakes,Breeders' Cup Juvenile,Remsen Stakes,Springboard Mile,Jerome Stakes,Robert B. Lewis Stakes,Holy Bull Stakes
Sam F. Davis Stakes

First Leg
_preps,Iroquois Stakes,American Pharoah Stakes,Champagne Stakes,Breeders' Cup Juvenile,Remsen Stakes,Springboard Mile,Jerome Stakes,Robert B. Lewis Stakes,Holy Bull Stakes,Sam F. Davis Stakes
Risen Star Stakes
_preps,Risen Star Stakes
Fountain of Youth Stakes

Is there a better way to do this that would move the horses through it naturally without having like 30 prep races on the Derby? I noticed in the schedule where I did this kind of prepping that the field for the Derby was only 9 horses, so there was room for more runners for sure.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]