View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 When are some courses 3 instead of 2? 
Handicapper

Post When are some courses 3 instead of 2?
Hey guys,

So after months of complaining I wish there was a more automated tool to make schedules....I'm making one :lol:

It's a python script, using information I enter into the command line to create entries in the schedule and featureRace files.

I want to make it work for all the countries but I need to know under which conditions each course has to be a 3 instead of just the normal 2 for dirt. Then I can program in a rule that just typing "dirt" checks the conditions and puts the right one in.

If you know them, can you add them to this post? Or if you know how I can find out the hard and fast rules, that's okay too :D

(Also, once I have it done and have done an entire schedule and tested to make sure it does it all right, I'd be happy to post the script if anyone's interested)

Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:09 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: When are some courses 3 instead of 2?
Okay, so I just checked the combined schedule to see how jumping courses are written and now I have even less of an idea :lol:

Would a good general rule be that if it's a dirt variable or a jumping variable it will be [coursename]2 and pick the right surface based on the race type?

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 pm
Group 1 winner

twilightramblings wrote:
Okay, so I just checked the combined schedule to see how jumping courses are written and now I have even less of an idea :lol:

Would a good general rule be that if it's a dirt variable or a jumping variable it will be [coursename]2 and pick the right surface based on the race type?

Best Example is Lingfield which has all weather, Flat Turf and 2 Jump you can have more by changing the 1 to 2 .

<NAME>Lingfield<SUBCOURSE>cc_flatTurf1
<CDIR>LH<DRAW>L3TO8<CDESC>UNDULATING<CPROFILE>SHARP<WORLDC>1769,203

<NAME>Lingfield<SUBCOURSE>cc_dirt1
<CDIR>LH<DRAW>L3TO8<CDESC>FLAT<WORLDC>1769,203

<NAME>Lingfield<SUBCOURSE>cc_jumps1
<CDIR>LH<CDESC>UNDULATING<WORLDC>1769,203

<NAME>Lingfield<SUBCOURSE>cc_hurdles1
<CDIR>LH<CDESC>UNDULATING<WORLDC>1769,203

Gray

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

So if I was doing a race for Lingfield, how would I know which to use? If I have a dirt race as Lingfield2 in the same meet, does that mean my jump race would be a Lingfield3? I know in the AUS schedule there's only like one race that has a 3 and it's a South African race, which are all all-weather and flat, so is that because of distance using a different sub-course?

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:53 am
Group 1 winner

twilightramblings wrote:
So if I was doing a race for Lingfield, how would I know which to use? If I have a dirt race as Lingfield2 in the same meet, does that mean my jump race would be a Lingfield3? I know in the AUS schedule there's only like one race that has a 3 and it's a South African race, which are all all-weather and flat, so is that because of distance using a different sub-course?

In Your Feature Races they will have Course tags example

<NAME>Hever Sprint Stakes<RACECOURSE>Lingfield:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Mar<PRIZE>56250<DISTANCE>5.0<RACECATAG>LISTED<AGE>4YOUP

In Your _sched_f it should show

Lingfield2
Hever Sprint Stakes

You can remove the 2 after Lingfield as that is left over from old Version SO5 it wouldn't affect what track has the Tag in your Feature Races is Lingfield:cc_dirt1 and if you want to do another Dirt Track you would change the 1 to the 2 on that Tag Like this Lingfield:cc_dirt2

Gray

Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

Wait so the number isn't even important?

Because yeah, I've seen those examples and written some myself for USA races, but I just assumed that 1 meant turf, 2 meant dirt and I wasn't seeing 3 because it was for jumps.

If it's not needed, I'll leave it out.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 pm
Group 1 winner

twilightramblings wrote:
Wait so the number isn't even important?

Because yeah, I've seen those examples and written some myself for USA races, but I just assumed that 1 meant turf, 2 meant dirt and I wasn't seeing 3 because it was for jumps.

If it's not needed, I'll leave it out.

That's right the Course the race uses is taken from the tag in the feature Races.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

That's going to make the script I've written much easier to program for that - if it was going to be some sort of "if you've used this other tag, you have to use x number" it was going to be difficult, because the script is output-only and doesn't read the other races.

Need to plan out some lower level races to add to my schedule and then I finally get to test writing a whole schedule with it :D I've even made a quick little script that will generate random races for me, so if I ask for 4 random lower races, it gives me this:

1m7f C6 3yo
5f C4 3yo
5f ListedHcp 3youp
1m6f C7 4youp

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]