View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Starters Orders Classic MODDING. 
Site Admin

Post Starters Orders Classic MODDING.
SOC is SO7 with a modified SO5 race sequence. Using current mods is complicated because SOC uses the SO5 course maps and waypoint files but all the other data is as SO7.

So any SO7 racecourse mods are no good.

The SOC waypoint files are stored in your SOC install folder under 'classic/data/'. These are in the SO5 format. They are created using the old SO5 course editor.

The visual course map that corresponds to these waypoint files are in 'classic/gfx/race/tracks_UK/' (for UK).

I will probably add the SO5 editor that creates the waypoints via a patch at some point. However creating new racecourses can be a pain as you have to draw the course map and then use the editor to add waypoint. The easier method is to find a current course that is very similar to the one you wish to add and copy it's course map image and waypoint file and name them correctly.

As the sim is SO7 it will be possible to mod new nationalities.

Regarding the race graphics SOC uses SO5 horse and jockey animations but there are new separate cap images (so that caps can now be mixed). This means that if you have your own silks (I now some were done in the past) you will need to use an editor and use a selection tool to extract the caps to a new image (see 'classic/gfx/race/jockeys_0').

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:41 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders Classic MODDING.
Is it possible to use the alternative 2D graphics that were available in starters orders 5 by copying them over to SOC?

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:13 pm
Selling plater

If anyone else was wondering if they could use the alternative 2D graphics from SO5 in SOC I wouldn’t try it! The jockeys and horses all come out of sink and looks like chariot racing without the chariot!

I have completed my jumps schedule which I have added a few feature handicaps at the Saturday meetings and more races from the mares series. Also added the major French races and Irish ones. Prepped as much as I can and reduced
some field sizes slightly for improved quality.

It is by no means perfect but I am happy to share if anyone would like it.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:18 am
Selling plater

Just purchased soc and looking through the schedule theirs no Belmont stakes to complete the triple crown?? (strange in my opinion but it is what it is) are there any mods for schedules or this coarse in particular on SOC. thanks in advance for any clarification.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:02 pm
Group 3 winner

Davidharvey84 would love to try your schedule etc, does it have any cross country races for Autiel etc

Wed May 13, 2020 6:20 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark.

Can the increment horse stat bar mods (Sirius's mod) for SO7 be used on SO Classic ?

Would I just follow the same instruction ?

Cheers

Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark, why don't you add the option of being able to use alternative graphics in 2D as it could be done in SO5?
The alternative graphics are much better than the originals, the horses are more real, like the animation of the jockeys, I think many think the same as me, that option would be very good, thanks

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 am
Selling plater

ooo...wish I read this before picking it up yesterday... okay, has this been fixed since then? Can I load SO7 mods (nearly a year later) in SOC safely now? Really wanted to be able to use mods with SOC.

Thanks for any guidance.

Update: I decided on the SO7 was better to get I guess...

Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:46 pm
Selling plater

Has anyone tried modding the silks for the classic game? I was wondering if you could add more silks to the ones in the game?

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:56 am
Selling plater

mccon12 wrote:
Has anyone tried modding the silks for the classic game? I was wondering if you could add more silks to the ones in the game? funny shooter 2

I think the update has added a lot of new features.

Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:37 am
Selling plater

I'm brand new, couple weeks playing the game... is their a Modded USA schedule that has been created that I can download some where? Thanks for any help in advance

Sat May 27, 2023 8:53 pm
Selling plater

ECapital wrote:
ooo...wish I read this before picking it up yesterday... okay, has this been fixed since then? Can I load SO7 mods (nearly a year later) in SOC safely now? Really wanted to be able to use mods with SOC.

Thanks for any guidance.geometry dash lite

Update: I decided on the SO7 was better to get I guess...

I really don't pay too much attention to suggestions. Surely what you share I need to consider more

Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]