View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Fictional courses 
Group 1 winner

Post Fictional courses
Is there anyone here that really enjoys creating courses? I love modding the game, you could say I enjoy it as much as playing the game in some ways, but the parts I enjoy are modding the showcase and schedules and silks, I'm really not adept at using the course editor, but I am experimenting with the idea of creating a fictional game set in a fictional world, with fictional racecourses and races, just for a bit of fun as I'm struggling with a realistic worldwide schedule. So if theres anyone who would be interested in creating some fictional courses, it would be great!

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Fictional courses
I would for sure be down to make a few. Let me know if there are any ideas you had in mind for fictional courses and I can make a few up.

--
I've spent a lot of time on making fictional schedules, though often I give up after getting part of the way in cause of time, but it definitely is fun. I've been working slowly on one that is pulling together some of the best stakes schedules from US tracks across the last 30-40 years (so like the late 80s at Ak-Sar-Ben, mid-90s of Hialeah, early 2000s Bay Meadows, etc.) to make a schedule filled with some of my favorite meetings that may be long gone now. A slow work in progress, but getting this much farther a long than the few fictional US schedules I've tried to toss together.

Sun May 03, 2020 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Great! I love the courses you've made in your start it mod, so it would be great to have your help. My idea is essential a fictional country with a few states that will be run as separate localities, in a similar type of way that Australia has different states are different racing jurisdictions but come together for the big races. I'm then trying to take my favourite elements from various countries in terms of their schedules and put them together in one nationwide schedule across the different states, as well as mod some of the graphics to give it more of a fictional feel.
I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to being a fan of fantasy fiction and so making up fantasy worlds is something I find fun, so its been something I've wanted to do for a while to combine world building and horse racing with starters orders, and as I have more time on my hands now with the lockdown it seemed a good time. I've discovered a few ways to make creating the schedule a bit faster using excel so it doesn't seem quite as much of a mammoth task as it has done when I've thought about doing it previously.

Its going to be a turf only country, at least for now, and I'm planning to have quite a lot of courses, some help on the bigger courses would be great. Can I send you an email perhaps with the some course names and how I envision them?

Thanks a lot!

Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Are you still down to make a couple of courses MJ?

Wed May 06, 2020 11:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry for the delay. Wanted to finish a few things up.
So what ideas you looking for in the fictional courses?

Tue May 19, 2020 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]