View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 bobsworth13 schedule 
Handicapper

Post bobsworth13 schedule
Hello all

I am currently compiling a new schedule. This will mainly be a UK/Ireland/France schedule.

So far, I have only written out full cards for the medium-sized to big meetings and, as for the AW flat, have only included qualifiers for the AW championships and some big handicaps. I plan to expand the summer jumping as, right now, I have only got the big handicaps.

On international weightings, my UK schedules have the feature Irish and French races but not full cards. My Irish schedules include full French cards and German feature races added. My flat schedules for both UK and Ireland include some US racing but only those races that prep for the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup.

My schedule also comes with a full set of silks based on the top 50 UK flat and jumps owners from 2018/19. The major Irish and French owners are there too. I am aware, however, that the 3D and gfx silks can only be in the main game folders so I will keep these as separate downloads from the race schedules. That way, you can download them if you wish.

The racecourses are mostly UK, French and Irish... all fully scaled and multiple tracks used e.g. Goodwood, ParisLongchamp. I have separated the Cheltenham old course and new course, and Newmarket's Rowley Mile and July courses. The separate tracks from each course are sufficiently different from each other to justify separation.

Before I publish it, does anyone have any preferences on particular race types they would like me to fill out the schedule with e.g. more flat novice races, juvenile hurdles, bumpers etc?

Thanks
bobsworth13

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: bobsworth13 schedule
I will look forward to this Bobs - always been a fan of your schedules.
No preference for me!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:09 pm
Group 3 winner

Just races for the run of the mill horse, low level handicaps over all distances, flat and jumps, and more maidens over further than 6 furlongs on the flat.

Thanks

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 pm
Handicapper

neves_rats wrote:
Just races for the run of the mill horse, low level handicaps over all distances, flat and jumps, and more maidens over further than 6 furlongs on the flat.

Thanks

Would not the game engine generate those low-level handicaps? Can do longer distance maidens.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:03 pm
Group 3 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
neves_rats wrote:

Thanks

Would not the game engine generate those low-level handicaps? Can do longer distance maidens.

The game doesn't in sufficient numbers, has been a major gripe for version after version but it never gets any attention from the developer. The size of stable you can have has increased with each version of the game, unfortunately the same cannot be said about opportunities for those runners.

Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:26 pm
Selling plater

can't wait to try this out bobsworth :)

Been a big fan of your work in both SO6 and SO7 :)

Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:51 pm
Handicapper

Just thought I'd give you an update. I have updated and rescaled the UK courses. I have completed the flat-only schedule for the UK and am, at the moment, three-quarters of the way through the jumps schedule. For the flat, I have the AW championship and Kempton's middle distance handicap series. For the jumps, I have included the Challenger series, Mares' Hurdle, Mares' Chase, Mares' bumpers and Novice Hurdle series. The Cheltenham Festival will have the new mares' chase that is due to be run on Gold Cup day and that will be fully prepped like the other Festival races.

Once that is done, I will test it to see hoe the fields populate and will roll out the UK schedule along with the international schedules I had created for previous games. The Irish schedule will look more like a European schedule as full cards for the French racing and major German races will be included.

Everything should be ready by late November.

P.S. I have noticed that, for the UK jumps jumps, the novice races and flat races seem to be populated with Irish horses. I added the code <EXTFIELDSPEC>home so that British-trained horses will be contesting these but I have ended up with void races. Before I email Mark about this, would anyone know how this can be fixed? Unless you don't mind all but one runner in these races being Irish.

Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi bobsworth, from my experience with making jumps schedules, there are lots of issues with novice races particularly. The EXTFIELDSPEC home tag doesn't seem to work in the jumps game so irish novice races are often filled with uk horses and vice versa. Also there are a lot of 4 year old horses that run in novice races instead of juvenile races for some reason. Also, it seems that novice horses run a lot, pretty much all the features novice races and don't care much for the distance, they will run in races over 2 miles all the way up to 3 miles, with no regard for how they perform and what their preferred distance is. I think the jumps game is in need of some work, that I don't think are especially big changes, but quite a few small changes that will improve it so so much, but it doesn't seem like its a priority. The jumps game has been pretty much the same since it was introduced, at least, these issues mentioned above have been the same throughout without any fixes coming.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:25 pm
Handicapper

qwsa wrote:
Hi bobsworth, from my experience with making jumps schedules, there are lots of issues with novice races particularly. The EXTFIELDSPEC home tag doesn't seem to work in the jumps game so irish novice races are often filled with uk horses and vice versa. Also there are a lot of 4 year old horses that run in novice races instead of juvenile races for some reason. Also, it seems that novice horses run a lot, pretty much all the features novice races and don't care much for the distance, they will run in races over 2 miles all the way up to 3 miles, with no regard for how they perform and what their preferred distance is. I think the jumps game is in need of some work, that I don't think are especially big changes, but quite a few small changes that will improve it so so much, but it doesn't seem like its a priority. The jumps game has been pretty much the same since it was introduced, at least, these issues mentioned above have been the same throughout without any fixes coming.

Thanks mate. I have noticed that with novice runners appearing in every race no matter what prep races I had entered. So it looks like the problems with the jumps game are due to the game algorithm.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Out of interest did you email Mark? I really would love to see the jumps game improved. It has so much potential. The major drawback to creating a near perfect schedule on the flat game is the problem of having to incorporate so many countries, as well as the 3 meetings per day maximum being limiting, whereas in the jumps game to have a near perfect schedule all we need are the UK and Ireland and we wouldn't need more than 3 meetings per day. Because of this it seems so much more possible, and I am confident that I could make a near perfect jumps schedule if the AI was improved in several ways that have been mentioned before, that I think are all relatively small improvements, that I can't really understand why they haven't been made.
I would love to be able to help out in making these improvements and creating a schedule that I really believe would take the game to a new level, and bring a bigger fanbase to the game, because as it is, the jumps game is unplayable from a perspective of having any kind of realism.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:02 pm
Handicapper

Hello all.

Here is the schedule. It concentrates on the UK, Ireland and France with some German races. There are US races as well but only preps for the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup.

This schedule only includes 3D files for racecourses PLUS data files for the races and racecourses. There are no jockey/owner/trainer/colours in this schedule. If you want these included, I can include these in a patch but the 3D and gfx colours will need to go on the main game folder and so will affect other games you might have. I am currently working on updating the Irish jockeys, trainers and stables so it will be another couple of weeks before they are ready.

How to install:
1) Unzip the following files to a part of your file system away from the game files:
bobsworth13_schedule.zip http://www.mediafire.com/file/5njwdmskr ... e.zip/file
French courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdfkcw4ea ... s.zip/file
German courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/a5487yzcr ... s.zip/file
Irish courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/9zvquu17q ... s.zip/file
UK courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/yp2g48nnj ... s.zip/file
USA courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uujbdo2q ... s.zip/file

2) Replace your French, German, Irish and UK courses with the courses from the four zip files:
In C:/Program Files (x86)/Starters Orders 7/3D/courses/, remove those course folders that begin with the prefix FR_, GER_, IRE_ and UK_
With FR_Longchamp, my replacement is FR_ParisLongchamp. You can leave the original in place should you need it in other schedules.
Copy the unzipped folders for each course file into that /courses/ folder
In the case of the USA courses (prefix USA_), replace only these course folders: Aqueduct, Arlington Park, Belmont Park, Churchill Downs, Del Mar, Fair Grounds, Golden Gate Fields, Gulfstream Park, Keeneland, Monmouth Park, Oaklawn, Pimlico, Santa Anita, Saratoga, Sunland Park, Tampa Bay Downs. Delete the existing folders and then replace with the folders in this pack.

3) Add my schedule to the Mods folder:
In C:/Program Files (x86)/Starters Orders 7/mods/, paste the folder titled 'bobsworth13_schedule'

4) Load Starters Orders 7

5) Go to the 'Load or start a new game' page. Open the dropdown menu at 'Available user mods' and you should see the entry for 'bobsworth13_schedule'. Select it.

The schedules for the UK and Ireland should load up fine. If you have any queries, please let me know.

Thanks
bobsworth13

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:33 am
Handicapper

qwsa wrote:
Out of interest did you email Mark? I really would love to see the jumps game improved. It has so much potential. The major drawback to creating a near perfect schedule on the flat game is the problem of having to incorporate so many countries, as well as the 3 meetings per day maximum being limiting, whereas in the jumps game to have a near perfect schedule all we need are the UK and Ireland and we wouldn't need more than 3 meetings per day. Because of this it seems so much more possible, and I am confident that I could make a near perfect jumps schedule if the AI was improved in several ways that have been mentioned before, that I think are all relatively small improvements, that I can't really understand why they haven't been made.
I would love to be able to help out in making these improvements and creating a schedule that I really believe would take the game to a new level, and bring a bigger fanbase to the game, because as it is, the jumps game is unplayable from a perspective of having any kind of realism.

I emailed him about the problems with the novice races and how horses seem to be running in all of them. I had been trying to control this with <CONDITION>minrating=xx but it did not seem to work. I let Mark know about that. I also mentioned the <EXTFIELDSPEC>home variable produces void races and that in some flat race handicaps, the jumps trainers and colours seem to take over... not sure if you have noticed that in mixed schedules.

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:38 am
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
Hello all.

Here is the schedule. It concentrates on the UK, Ireland and France with some German races. There are US races as well but only preps for the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup.

This schedule only includes 3D files for racecourses PLUS data files for the races and racecourses. There are no jockey/owner/trainer/colours in this schedule. If you want these included, I can include these in a patch but the 3D and gfx colours will need to go on the main game folder and so will affect other games you might have. I am currently working on updating the Irish jockeys, trainers and stables so it will be another couple of weeks before they are ready.

How to install:
1) Unzip the following files to a part of your file system away from the game files:
bobsworth13_schedule.zip http://www.mediafire.com/file/5njwdmskr ... e.zip/file
French courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdfkcw4ea ... s.zip/file
German courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/a5487yzcr ... s.zip/file
Irish courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/9zvquu17q ... s.zip/file
UK courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/yp2g48nnj ... s.zip/file
USA courses http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uujbdo2q ... s.zip/file

2) Replace your French, German, Irish and UK courses with the courses from the four zip files:
In C:/Program Files (x86)/Starters Orders 7/3D/courses/, remove those course folders that begin with the prefix FR_, GER_, IRE_ and UK_
With FR_Longchamp, my replacement is FR_ParisLongchamp. You can leave the original in place should you need it in other schedules.
Copy the unzipped folders for each course file into that /courses/ folder
In the case of the USA courses (prefix USA_), replace only these course folders: Aqueduct, Arlington Park, Belmont Park, Churchill Downs, Del Mar, Fair Grounds, Golden Gate Fields, Gulfstream Park, Keeneland, Monmouth Park, Oaklawn, Pimlico, Santa Anita, Saratoga, Sunland Park, Tampa Bay Downs. Delete the existing folders and then replace with the folders in this pack.

3) Add my schedule to the Mods folder:
In C:/Program Files (x86)/Starters Orders 7/mods/, paste the folder titled 'bobsworth13_schedule'

4) Load Starters Orders 7

5) Go to the 'Load or start a new game' page. Open the dropdown menu at 'Available user mods' and you should see the entry for 'bobsworth13_schedule'. Select it.

The schedules for the UK and Ireland should load up fine. If you have any queries, please let me know.

Thanks
bobsworth13

Hi Bobsworth
Works okay just loading up a flat only UK schedule.
But when I try to load UK jumps/combined it crashed straight to desktop - would there be any reason for this? (no error codes)
Thanks

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:48 pm
Handicapper

dwhit55 wrote:

Hi Bobsworth
Works okay just loading up a flat only UK schedule.
But when I try to load UK jumps/combined it crashed straight to desktop - would there be any reason for this? (no error codes)
Thanks

Hi dwhit55
What happens when you load a jumps only game?
As I have only got race data in the mod, the game will pull the trainer/stable/jockey/owner information from whatever is in the default data folder which will be in C:\...\Starters Orders 7\db\. Was that data from the default schedule that came with the game?

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:33 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for your hard work bobsworth! much appreciated! Would love to use your trainers and jockeys as well as your work with these in SO6 was great!

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next