View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 bobsworth13 schedule 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: bobsworth13 schedule
npdoughty88 wrote:
So you believe that a lowly handicap race should be scheduled as a 'Feature Race'? It's no wonder this game and the mods available have so many issues with that kind of nonsense.

I never said anything about low handicap horses nor believe in handicap horses in G races, everybody here knows that the game is not sound, but we all trying to work around the problems that exist in the game, but not many players are dropping SO7 to go back to SO6, if you play the game properly, the game will ion itself out in a few seasons of game play.
that's all I am saying npdoughty,

Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:29 am
Selling plater

Fair play.

I hope so. Enthusiasm has certainly dwindled, but it does remain the only feasible horse racing game on the market, so as much as it pains at times, it is hard to let it go. I'm keen to get back to modding regardless. I will make my updates relevant to SO7 as well.

I have literally just installed this mod on my dormant SO7 and tbf it looks good. Not 100% to my tastes with regards to the lower class races as already discussed but each to their own.

Main thing i'm keen to achieve, SO6 or S07 (doesn't matter since it's the same game in terms of graphics) is to achieve smarter-looking tracks. We've seen it from MJ with his Meydan and Longchamps being two prime examples. I'd love to get to a point where we have that calibre of racetracks throughout the game.

One hell of a mountain to climb.

I think we all just want an aesthetically pleasing game, that runs smooth.

Will we ever fully get there

Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:05 am
Group 2 winner

npdoughty88 wrote:
Fair play.

I hope so. Enthusiasm has certainly dwindled, but it does remain the only feasible horse racing game on the market, so as much as it pains at times, it is hard to let it go. I'm keen to get back to modding regardless. I will make my updates relevant to SO7 as well.

I have literally just installed this mod on my dormant SO7 and tbf it looks good. Not 100% to my tastes with regards to the lower class races as already discussed but each to their own.

Main thing i'm keen to achieve, SO6 or S07 (doesn't matter since it's the same game in terms of graphics) is to achieve smarter-looking tracks. We've seen it from MJ with his Meydan and Longchamps being two prime examples. I'd love to get to a point where we have that calibre of racetracks throughout the game.

One hell of a mountain to climb.

I think we all just want an aesthetically pleasing game, that runs smooth.

Will we ever fully get there

We can only hope npdoughty

Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:52 pm
Selling plater

Hi bobsworth,

Looking for a bit of advice if you / someone can help. I've used the StartIt mod since downloading Starters Orders which is good and i've got a very deep save (35 seasons deep now) however I've farmed the big races and got some monster sires so looking for a change. I've always fancied using a jumps save but it never seems to work on StartIt and I've given up trying.

This schedule looks good from the reviews and I've downloaded it after reading the thread. However I can't get it to appear in the Available user mods section when loading up a new save. Would someone be able to advise? Upon reviewing my SO folder and the download instructions, I don't actually have a "mod" folder available. The Mod folder is actually inside the Start It 5.1.5 patch. I've tried putting the bobsworth schedule in the mod folder in there but it still doesn't show up in the available user mods section. Would anyone be able to advise? I've tried adding screenshots but not sure what I'm doing tbh I've not used this forum much!

Cheers

Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:43 am
Handicapper

ellisgittings wrote:
Hi bobsworth,

Looking for a bit of advice if you / someone can help. I've used the StartIt mod since downloading Starters Orders which is good and i've got a very deep save (35 seasons deep now) however I've farmed the big races and got some monster sires so looking for a change. I've always fancied using a jumps save but it never seems to work on StartIt and I've given up trying.

This schedule looks good from the reviews and I've downloaded it after reading the thread. However I can't get it to appear in the Available user mods section when loading up a new save. Would someone be able to advise? Upon reviewing my SO folder and the download instructions, I don't actually have a "mod" folder available. The Mod folder is actually inside the Start It 5.1.5 patch. I've tried putting the bobsworth schedule in the mod folder in there but it still doesn't show up in the available user mods section. Would anyone be able to advise? I've tried adding screenshots but not sure what I'm doing tbh I've not used this forum much!

Cheers

The mods folder, just to take your StartIt mod as an example and to show you the right folder path, is: C:/Program Files (x86)/Starters Orders 7/mods/StartIt_5.1.5/db/... and then you will see the folders for each country with the localities.db and generic owners.db file.

I found why my UK jumps schedule within StartIt was not working: if you go to the UAE folder, and open up the stables.db and trainers.db files, you will see there are more trainer entries than there are stables entries. There are always supposed to be more stables than trainers or else the game will crash as soon as you try to create the new game.

So, can you not see an option on the bottom left corner of the screen that lets you select between the mods?

Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:40 pm
Selling plater

Credit where it's due, I've run a 5 season save over the last few days and this is a very good schedule.

The Derby was missing as you had it set to be run at 'Epsom Derby' so guessing you made a separate track for more crowds and typical derby day scenery but that course wasn't in the downloads. I just simply changed that day to be run back at plain old Epsom.

Just thought I'd mention it in case others don't know how to get the derby back.

Newmarket seems to like to sporadically crash, not sure why and it's very intermittent. Both normal course and July course. Normally loads fine on the second attempt so I've gotten in the habit of saving just before attempting to watch any race at that track - Makes the crash rather painless.

Good stuff anyway mate.

I just hope I can work the editor well enough to clean up some of the tracks. Next on my agenda.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 pm
Handicapper

npdoughty88 wrote:
Credit where it's due, I've run a 5 season save over the last few days and this is a very good schedule.

The Derby was missing as you had it set to be run at 'Epsom Derby' so guessing you made a separate track for more crowds and typical derby day scenery but that course wasn't in the downloads. I just simply changed that day to be run back at plain old Epsom.

Just thought I'd mention it in case others don't know how to get the derby back.

Newmarket seems to like to sporadically crash, not sure why and it's very intermittent. Both normal course and July course. Normally loads fine on the second attempt so I've gotten in the habit of saving just before attempting to watch any race at that track - Makes the crash rather painless.

Good stuff anyway mate.

I just hope I can work the editor well enough to clean up some of the tracks. Next on my agenda.

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm... the Epsom Derby course file and entry on racecourses.db should be there mate. Yes, its plain Epsom but with more buses and crowds. I will reupload the course files as I had rescaled some of the National Hunt courses and repositioned the fences/hurdles just so that the races would start well away from them and an open ditch would not be the first fence.

I will re-export the Newmarket courses: both have been working fine on my games. I redid Newmarket July's paddock and gave it an unsaddling enclosure the other week.

I don't suppose you have found how to control the ratings in novice hurdles and chases? One fault with my jumps game is that horses tend to run in every novice hurdle going, so by the time Cheltenham comes, they have raced over ten times that season. So I was trying to find a way of putting a ceiling on ratings i.e. 120/130, for horses running in the lesser novice hurdles... so far I can only put a ceiling on the number of wins horses can have, but this doesn't stop "seconditis" horses building up a >130 rating and continuing to run an unrealistically intense campaign.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:36 pm
Selling plater

I'll be honest, 99.9% of the time I've spent either playing or modding SO has been spent on the flat only, so I'm not the man to ask with regards to NH issues.

I'll have a think about it though. There must be a way!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:56 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
ellisgittings wrote:
Hi bobsworth,

Cheers

The mods folder, just to take your StartIt mod as an example and to show you the right folder path, is: C:/Program Files (x86)/Starters Orders 7/mods/StartIt_5.1.5/db/... and then you will see the folders for each country with the localities.db and generic owners.db file.

I found why my UK jumps schedule within StartIt was not working: if you go to the UAE folder, and open up the stables.db and trainers.db files, you will see there are more trainer entries than there are stables entries. There are always supposed to be more stables than trainers or else the game will crash as soon as you try to create the new game.

So, can you not see an option on the bottom left corner of the screen that lets you select between the mods?

Thanks for this, I've noticed the reason why it wasn't working is due to me putting it into the documents by accident and not the programme files! I'll give the mod a go and get back to you if there are any issues. Jumps saves are loading fine.

Cheers

Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:33 pm
Handicapper

Here is the link to my amended UK courses https://www.mediafire.com/file/g498ds6b ... s.zip/file.
Epsom Derby is on there and both Newmarkets re-exported.

Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:10 pm
Selling plater

Can you folks tell me, is it normal to not be able to transfer fillies in this game? only lets me transfer colts from other saves. The import button does nothing if clicked on a filly.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Handicapper

I'm not sure. Sounds like a problem with the game engine rather than with the mod.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:11 pm
Selling plater

Looking for new schedule but the original mediafire link doesnt work anymore. Could someone upload it.

Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:21 pm
Handicapper

Hello. Here are some links:

bobsworth13 schedule https://www.mediafire.com/file/b0boqjkt ... e.zip/file. Place the 'bobsworth13 schedule' folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\mods

3D jockey files https://www.mediafire.com/file/0yrliq8g ... s.zip/file. Place the 'jockey' folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\3D\race

gfx colours https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2432l8w ... p.zip/file. Place the 'bmp' folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\gfx\tables

3D Courses Place course folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\3D\courses:
UK https://www.mediafire.com/file/g498ds6b ... s.zip/file
Ireland https://www.mediafire.com/file/cxk89r74 ... s.zip/file
France https://www.mediafire.com/file/zdfkcw4e ... s.zip/file
Each course has its own folder. So, when you do add the courses, you need to remove the folders for each course you have, before adding mine, as they are made up of small files. Let me know if you have any queries about this.

Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:27 pm
Selling plater

Hi Bobsworth, I decided to give your schedule another go. It's really nice that the jump only mode works now, really nice job man! I have one issue though, when trying to watch the gallops the game simply crashes to desktop. Gallops work well in the default schedule, I don't have any experience with using the editor but I loaded and exported the uk_gallops1 course and everything looked fine to me (still crashes in the game though), is there anything in particular that you do in the editor if you're just checking a course?

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next