View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Complete 2020 Australian Flat Schedule (Work In Progress) 
Selling plater

Post Complete 2020 Australian Flat Schedule (Work In Progress)
Hey everyone,

As the title says I'm working on a complete Australian schedule.

Now you may be wondering. How complete is complete? I don't know like 70%...I mean, I'm working with some restrictions here, 3 meetings max per day so I can't include everything. But let's say...oh I don't know...how about 6-7...thousand races.

6000-7000 races from 2020, from all over Australia (From NT to Tasmania), with their official names and prize money amount. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

From humble beginnings at entry level benchmarks and maidens at courses like Wyong, Werribee, Port Lincoln and MANY more, to night racing under the stars in Launceston, Canterbury, Cranbourne and yet again many more, to Class 1s at Doomben, Moonee Valley, Eagle Farm and...of course many more. Whether it's taking the Magic Millions at the Gold Coast, conquering Caulfield sprints or chasing greatness at Flemington.

As I can only add 3 meeting on any one day, meetings with listed races get preference after that I essentially choose the meetings, because Australia is a strongly sprinters preference I prefer to add meetings with Intermediate-Staying races as there will be tons of 5-7 Furlong (1000m - 1400m) races.

This schedule will include tons more Listed and a few more group races with their updated prize pool. Weekday company vs weekend company races WILL be a noticeable difference in quality.

This should provide a more natural feeling progression for Australian horse earnings as lots of handicaps will have prize pools from 20-125k, 20k being around say a Benchmark 58 weekday race to 125k being a Benchmark 80-90 weekend race with better competition but better rewards, so on a good day even an ingenuine lemon of a horse could bring home the bacon. I think this will definitely enhance how tactical you need to be on deciding which race to put your horses in, scouting form guides on your competition to seek best options for your horse will reward you if you're paying attention. You'll need to pay more attention to figuring out genuine studs from the lucky ones too, which could make breeding more of a challenge also.

Are you drooling yet? :lol:

One foreseeable problem however:
I'll have to figure out a way to prevent walkover races due to the sheer number of races to horses, I've tried increasing the horse numbers in the actual files and scripts but it's hard locked to 9500 at max...that, won't be enough, especially considering half of those must be international horses, meaning only 4750 horses to around 6000 races in the year...could be a problem but I'll figure something out, whether asking Mark about a work around to increase horses or purging a lot of the maidens...I'll figure it out.

Anyway, if you're interested, feel free to leave a comment and sub to the thread and I'll keep you in the loop when I've made enough progress to release a proper trial of the first couple months.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:37 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Complete 2020 Australian Flat Schedule (Work In Progress
Very Interesting to say the least, but it's worth following, just curious SS101, how big is the pool going to be for this great schedule me mate?

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:37 am
Selling plater

Tomas wrote:
Very Interesting to say the least, but it's worth following, just curious SS101, how big is the pool going to be for this great schedule me mate?

Hey Tomas,

it's hard to say at the moment honestly, but we'll have to see. While 9500 seems to be the hard cap to pool size and only half able in the primary country, so 4750, I'm near certain I've seen it can generate more horses over that amount through the years however. I attempted to increase pool size in the files to no avail unfortunately, it defaults back to the max pool size.
So solution wise...
1. I'm sure I could probably message Mark about the pool size and whether it can be increased or if there's work arounds and see what he has to say, 2. see if I could find a work around in the files and do some rigorous testing myself to make sure it won't brick the game or worse. Worse case scenarios I see...3. Purge a lot of 3+ Yo maidens (Unfortunate, but likely not a deal breaker, but geez why do we have so many bloody maidens?! :lol:), 4. Release all of it when I'm done and with no pool changes (People could add only the races they really want to their schedule either that or what I'd estimate as 1 meeting every day that should work with minimal walkovers, or walkovers will be very prevalent), or 5. This is the option I don't exactly want to go with and don't think will happen, but complete it all and shelf it until either an update increasing pool size possibilities or even until SO8 comes around. Either way I'm going to see this thing through.

Btw Tomas, while I've got you here, a massive thanks to you mate, if it wasn't for your schedule I doubt I would've taken this on, but after watching my horses zip around my local racetrack at Hobart in SO7, it breathed new life into my game, it's definitely inspired me to take this on. So a massive cheers to you, MJ and Grey.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 am
Group 2 winner

If you are going to be having that many races in the schedule, try the following,

[pool]21000
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]New zealand,

then your game will not crash and you should have enough runners in each race,

good luck SS, and if you need any help, holler, I won't be to far me mate.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:17 pm
Selling plater

Tomas wrote:
If you are going to be having that many races in the schedule, try the following,

[pool]21000
[fpoolperc]25
[secondary_nat]New zealand,

then your game will not crash and you should have enough runners in each race,

good luck SS, and if you need any help, holler, I won't be to far me mate.

Awesome, I'll give it a go, I've got the first month down, just need to add everything and test it. I'll try that and see if I can tweak the percentage. Appreciate it, Tomas.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:22 pm
Selling plater

Hey everyone,

It's been a little since I've given any updates, I've put in some hard yards and made a fair chunk of progress.

So I'm happy to say I've nearly gotten down the first 2 months and even happier to say that the 1 month is working great from the testing I've done, after I've completed the 3rd month and got everything all set up I'll likely release the schedule as a trial run and gather some feedback.

I still don't really have an accurate estimate as to when I'll have it all done, but I will make sure I do a better job keeping you updated.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 am
Selling plater

Hey SS....just thought I'd check in and see if there's been any progress on this schedule?

I haven't been around on here for a while, but I am keen to help if possible (I did give a little bit of assistance to Tomas).

We could link up off here if you're interested in taking me up on my offer?

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:37 am
Selling plater

fullbull wrote:
Hey SS....just thought I'd check in and see if there's been any progress on this schedule?

I haven't been around on here for a while, but I am keen to help if possible (I did give a little bit of assistance to Tomas).

We could link up off here if you're interested in taking me up on my offer?

Hello, hello. I've been a little out of the loop recently on the forums, just decided to check in being Melbourne Cup day, but I'm thankful to say that I've made a solid chunk of progress, I've more or less got near all the data I need to put through to get the races together and I'm basically half way on putting everything in. Gathering all the race info needed and having a hard copy of that was easily the most labor intensive task, but almost having the bowtie on that is looking good.

A couple minor setbacks here and there but things are really coming together and I'm feeling a ton of motivation right now. I started off basically not even knowing what I was doing, but now it's feeling natural. I'm thinking this should be done in time for Christmas.

I genuinely appreciate the offer of help, I'd love to say yes to that, but at the same time I'm just super anxious of any prospects of confusion or miscommunication about things, please don't take any offence, it's nothing like that, I'd absolutely love to work on some projects but I feel unless I'm working in a group from scratch things could maybe not work out so great, you know? So if you have ideas for schedules or anything else we could make a start on I'd be more than happy to work together.

That being said there's definitely something that'd help a ton, if you're willing. That's with testing the schedule, I definitely need some feedback on how everything works and potentially refining things, whether that might be releasing a version that's less taxing on some computers or reducing maiden races, typos or anything that doesn't look right. That would be absolutely invaluable to making sure everything is as best as it can be.

Cheers Full.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:49 pm
Selling plater

Hey guys, great news everything is in working order and I'm in the process of uploading the files for the schedule, I took an extra month to make 2 other different variations of the schedule (which I'll breakdown and explain why in the post when everything is up) but I'm quite happy with how everything has turned out. Keep an eye for it being put up tonight.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:22 am
Selling plater

I took an additional month to construct two variants of the schedule (which I'll break down and explain why in the article when everything is up), but I'm fairly satisfied with how everything has come out and I'm in the process of uploading the files for the schedule now. As of tonight, you should be able to find it.
word wipe

Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:12 am
Selling plater

thosegranola wrote:
I took an additional month to construct two variants of the schedule (which I'll break down and explain why in the article when everything is up), but I'm fairly satisfied with how everything has come out and I'm in the process of uploading the files for the schedule now. As of tonight, you should be able to find it.
word wipe

Hey where's the schedule at? It's many many many nights past tonight.

Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]