View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 English Jumps Schedule 
Handicapper

Post English Jumps Schedule
Hi Guys,

im recently getting back in the mood for jumps racing, so i am wondering if anyone has got any uk jumps schedules that they could send me
mcairns@uclan.ac.uk

many thanks!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 pm
Selling plater

Any one close to having a Uk/Ireland Jump Schedule ready yet or still waiting on the Fixture List Getting Comfirmed?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:29 am
Group 1 winner

The 2011 Fixture List has now been confirmed, but the Pattern & Listed Race Book for the 2010/11 jumps season isn't coming out until the end of October, so I think I'm going to wait for that to get my schedule as up-to-date as possible.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:20 am
Selling plater

In your Schedule are you going to put in quiet alot of Irish Fixtures as well in the Schedule?
Use your Excellent Flat Schedule At the moment! Thanks Again for all the hard work :D

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 am
Group 1 winner

I will certainly include all the top Irish races, and will play around with the schedule to see how many of the lesser Irish races can be accommodated while still achieving a high level or realism.

Regarding the flat schedule you use, I think you must be confusing me with someone else - I haven't made my schedule public, as it changes so often! I won't finalise my flat schedule until the end of the season, so it is completely up-to-date for this year. Although I think I'm also going to toy around with a 2011-style flat schedule too, to see how it plays out with all the changes between Ascot and Newmarket at the end of next season.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 am
Selling plater

Sorry Mate! Senior Moment! They seem to be happening more often! Its Kennys flat Schedule Iam using! Look forward to you posting your schedule soon

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:47 am
Selling plater

Know you are working on a Schedule for GM2! But was just wondering if
you had got any work done on the British/Irish NH Schedule yet?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Nah, still waiting for the Pattern & Listed Race Book for the 2010/11 season to be made available online, which should be in the next few days.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Nah, still waiting for the Pattern & Listed Race Book for the 2010/11 season to be made available online, which should be in the next few days.

panther I know how busy you are, what with working a new schedule for GM2, I was just wondering if you had got the Pattern & Listed Race Book because I can't wait for your NH schedule.
I don't want to come across as pushy and what with xmas just around the corner, just curious that's all. :D

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:32 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:

panther I know how busy you are, what with working a new schedule for GM2, I was just wondering if you had got the Pattern & Listed Race Book because I can't wait for your NH schedule.
I don't want to come across as pushy and what with xmas just around the corner, just curious that's all. :D

The Race Book became available at the start of this week, but it isn't available as a free download this year (you have to buy it for £5.95 from the Weatherbys website). However, they were offering free copies to the first 10 people that e-mailed them, which I did, and my copy arrived yesterday morning! So, will start working on it this weekend.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:03 am
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:
panther wrote:

The Race Book became available at the start of this week, but it isn't available as a free download this year (you have to buy it for £5.95 from the Weatherbys website). However, they were offering free copies to the first 10 people that e-mailed them, which I did, and my copy arrived yesterday morning! So, will start working on it this weekend.

Cheers panther you are a star.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:56 am
Group 3 winner

Panther how is the schedule comeing on cant wait to play it

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm
Group 1 winner

I have my showcase files for the UK and Irish jumps up to date, so it's now just a case of playing around with the schedule until I get the right balance for maximum realism, as this is always my priority.

Basically, I still need to sort out the following:

The novice hurdle issue. This is the biggest problem. At the moment, I'm thinking the best option is to run with all the novices' hurdle races , but to make them for 3+ before new year, and then for 4+ after new year. This at least gives the option for novice hurdlers to run over a variety of distances, whereas if I just included the juvenile hurdles they would be restricted to 2-mile events. However, the big problem I'm having is achieving high quality fields at Cheltenham. Even when I give it a large field and use a couple of prep races, the Supreme Novices' Hurdle still often attracts a below-par field, with many of the top-rated 2-mile novice hurdlers not entering. I don't know why this is, but I'm wondering if it's built into the game that many of these horses will only enter races that are for 4yo only, as strictly speaking the game only caters for juvenile hurdlers. Any ideas?

Irish races. I'm also still playing around with the best number of Irish races to include. I think I will keep Irish novice races to a minimum (perhaps just the Grade 1 events), as there is obviously a very limited number of Irish novices each season, and it's not very realistic to have Irish Grade 2 novice events filled with UK horses, especially when there are plenty of UK novice races. As for other Irish races, however, I will include all the Grade 1s, and probably many of the Grade 2 races too, as this gives the Irish horses a decent level of form.

Those are the two main things I need to sort out, but I also need to finalise field sizes etc. Due to the weather, I have nothing at all planned for this weekend, so I plan to work on it a lot over Saturday and Sunday, and it should be ready within a few days. I will give regular updates.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:20 am
Group 1 winner

I have one question:
How do you plan a schedule using the Pattern & Listed Race Book?
I bet it takes ages panther to work out, your commitment is second to none and I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort that you spend doing schedules not only for SO4, but, also for GM2. :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:21 am
Group 1 winner

I have one question:
How do you plan a schedule using the Pattern & Listed Race Book?

The Race Book contains the dates, prize money and race conditions for all graded and listed races for the 2010/11 season. So, it's just a case of adding any other handicaps and miscellaneous other races that need to be added, then testing it and tweaking it until I'm happy with it. It's often just trial and error, but it can be a time consuming and repetitive task to get it working to a high level of realism.

It will be very up-to-date though, complete with the new 2m4f novice chase at the Cheltenham Festival, the Haydock Gold Cup in February renamed the Grand National Trial etc.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next