View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 A few questions 
Selling plater

Post A few questions
Hi,

I remember purchasing SO4 some time ago, but due to some life changes, I lost all my info...but remember loving it so much, I bought it again! That said, I can't for the life of me find the answer(s) to my questions. Any help would be much appreciated and thanked endlessly!

(As an American, I play the American side of the game a lot)
Anyway, here are the list of questions:

1. I see selling races (of which the winner seems to go up for sale after the race), but no "claiming" races. I know here with a claiming race, any horse entered may be claimed (i.e. race is called Claiming $20,000, therefore all horses entered are eligible to be claimed for the price of $20,000) - but during the seasons cannot see claiming races. Is there a reason for this, or is there a way to edit these types of races into the US schedule?

2. I've run into this for my sprinters: after a certain point in the schedule, there is not many options for "mid-grade" horses. For example, most of my options are selling races, or the occasional stakes race. Is there something I'm missing, or must I find a way to edit in allowance, handicap, or even (as in #1) higher end claiming races?

3. Limited standard racing calendar. I see lots of "showcase" and graded stakes races and lots of selling races - but very limited options for "middle class" horses. Is there a way to alter the schedule to allow more races for middle class horses?

I've searched for countless hours these past few days over these forums, have learned about the SO3 Decrypter, looked into that, but cannot find any way to add just regular races. I could add lots of low end stakes, but that takes a bit of the realism out of it for me. I guess I'm wondering if there is a way for me to build a schedule somewhat based on the true USA schedule that would include maiden races (not a lot of these in SO4 for USA either), condition races (I've seen exactly 2 of them in the current USA schedule), claiming, selling, and allowance races.

Please note: I'm not asking anyone to do this for me - I'm asking if it's possible for me to do it. (The whole teach a man to fish motivational line)

If I am searching the forums incorrectly, and the answers I'm looking for are already here, let me show you what I searched (I have done all the below in both full forum search as well as individual searches to each sub-forum)

USA Full schedule (found one, had an error, never worked)
edit allowance races
claiming races USA
create my own schedule (lots of these, but only for "showcase" races)

Thanks for reading my wall of text, but it's early and I didn't sleep much.

Chris.

Edit: For clarification, I play the USA schedule, and these questions all refer to the USA Schedule. Some of the forum searches returned small pieces of information, but not enough to answer my questions above.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: A few questions
Well so5 is coming out soon, so you could see if this has an improved schedule, but maybe you could just try playing the British schedule. Also, tell the person who made the complete USA schedule that it didn't work and see what they say.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:50 pm
Group 1 winner

There are plenty of claiming races in the UK schedule, but as I haven't played the US schedule, I'm afraid that I can't really comment.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Probably your best option is to create a few custom races yourself

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:05 am
Handicapper

Yeah I found the same thing, I've played some US and AU games and encountered the same problem. I don't think you can add in lower races (I've searched everywhere also) but hopefully 05 has improved schedules

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]