View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 SO5 Mod discussion 
Selling plater

Post SO5 Mod discussion
What mods does everyone have planned / hoping others have planned?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO5 Mod discussion
Also, which mods from SO4 will work with SO5?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Doing a horsename database still wading through it will defo be done early next week.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 pm
Handicapper

Modding vanilla race graphics (horses) - removing ewe neck, adding mane, adjusting legs to be more realistic (hopefully lol).

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 am
Selling plater

I would like some nice pictures for each of the racecourse. Hopefully DB comes up trumps :D

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 am
Group 1 winner

I have no plans to start a serious SO5 game until it is fully patched, so I will probably attempt a few further mods in the meantime. I will have a think about it over the weekend.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:32 am
Group 1 winner

For those that are planning to create their own schedules, it is possible to test them for longer by auto-running for five seasons...

Select "1 Season" from the Autodays drop-down menu, then hold down the <Shift> key when you're pressing the Start button on the screen. You will find that it auto-runs through five seasons.

Note: For some reason, this doesn't always work first time, so if you find that it still only runs through one season, try it again straight away and it will always work second time. :D

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:43 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
I have no plans to start a serious SO5 game until it is fully patched, so I will probably attempt a few further mods in the meantime. I will have a think about it over the weekend.

Me too mate just needs a bit of ironing here and there then it will be sorted so looking for errors/bugs reporting them then game gets patched then I can get to play the game properly.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Reply
On my list -
Horse Pictures that I did for SO4 to be refreshed/updated and moved into SO5.
Racecourse pictures that I did for SO4 to be refreshed/updated and moved into SO5.
I want to add white down the nose to one of the horse files, just for a bit of variation, probably the bay(dark) one.
I want to add maidens into the French and Irish showcase files, mostly 2yo maidens, maybe a couple of early season 3yo ones.
I then plan to change a lot of the button gfx and the blackboard/betting slip.
Then, the portraits need done. (I did all the names in full version, which Mark obviously couldn't use for copyright reasons, but that I planned to use myself after release. Problem being, some of the longer names don't fit as it is, with just an initial and a surname, so the full names have pretty much become null and void.)
I also need to go through all the trainer/jockey names and see if I can trim the fat, so that stables are all a bit nearer capacity.
Then, the final thing would be to get rid of all the bleeding jumps silks, and replace them with flat silks like the Aga Khan colours, but that as we have seen in the past, is a little out of my comfort zone, so by the time I get to that point, hopefully some else will have taken up the mantle.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 pm
Group 1 winner

All sounds great, DB :D

I'm going to have a shot at the US and/or Australian showcase/schedule files, I think, as they definitely need updated. Will make a start this afternoon.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Reply
Dancing Brave wrote:
I also need to go through all the trainer/jockey names and see if I can trim the fat, so that stables are all a bit nearer capacity.

Out of curiosity, DB, do you know what the numbers before the retained jockeys in the trainers' file mean, as in the excerpt from the file below? I've e-mailed Mark about this, but I know he'll be very busy with other things, so might not be able to reply. It's probably something very simple that I'm completely missing!

M Stoute
16,R Moore
S Bin Suroor
1,L Dettori
H Cecil
10,T Queally
M Johnston
15,J Fanning
J Gosden
88,W Buick

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm
Group 1 winner

They are to assign certain silks to a trainer. 0 being random, or 1-100 in the order that they run on the drop down menu.
That goes out the window obviously, if you use the other set of graphics.
The Juddmonte ones for Dermot Weld, Pascal Bary and Criquette Head-Maarek don't seem to have taken (not sure why, need to look into that), but everything else that was set in the default package has, and you can also assign them to the owners.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Dancing Brave wrote:
They are to assign certain silks to a trainer. 0 being random, or 1-100 in the order that they run on the drop down menu.

Thanks for the info; it makes sense now! :)

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Reply
Dancing Brave wrote:
On my list -
Horse Pictures that I did for SO4 to be refreshed/updated and moved into SO5.
Racecourse pictures that I did for SO4 to be refreshed/updated and moved into SO5.
I want to add white down the nose to one of the horse files, just for a bit of variation, probably the bay(dark) one.
I want to add maidens into the French and Irish showcase files, mostly 2yo maidens, maybe a couple of early season 3yo ones.
I then plan to change a lot of the button gfx and the blackboard/betting slip.
Then, the portraits need done. (I did all the names in full version, which Mark obviously couldn't use for copyright reasons, but that I planned to use myself after release. Problem being, some of the longer names don't fit as it is, with just an initial and a surname, so the full names have pretty much become null and void.)
Then, the final thing would be to get rid of all the bleeding jumps silks, and replace them with flat silks like the Aga Khan colours, but that as we have seen in the past, is a little out of my comfort zone, so by the time I get to that point, hopefully some else will have taken up the mantle.

That will make the game immense.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 pm
Group 3 winner

I was thinking of doing a mod for the stable images. Stables, swimming pool, car park, trees etc.
I'm working all week though so it will be next weekend before I get cracking on it.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next