View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who would like a guide for editing wp racecourse files? 

Would you like to see a guide to editing the wp files?
Yes 63%  63%  [ 10 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 16

Who would like a guide for editing wp racecourse files? 
Group 1 winner

Post Who would like a guide for editing wp racecourse files?
Who would like to see a guide on here for editing the racecourse wp (waypoint) files? If there is enough support of this idea perhaps we will be given one.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:40 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Who would like a guide for editing wp racecourse files?
Hey Ubar you would get more fun playing the game then playing with the game files trust me mate, leave that stuff for mark to worry abould :wink:

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:21 pm
Handicapper

Think Ubar is looking to make a new racing game in opposition to SO5 :lol:

Bill

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:31 pm
Group 1 winner

I am playing the game, it's just jump racing is important for me and I want to include some of the international races.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Bill Seiko wrote:
Think Ubar is looking to make a new racing game in opposition to SO5 :lol:

Bill

The only racing game I could make would be a board game along the lines of snakes and ladders! :lol:

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:36 pm
Group 1 winner

like me you do love a poll ubar

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I would like to fix some US courses that the finish line is on the turn. Really unrealistic..
The different starting points and finish are out of wack for a lot of the courses. If Mark doesn't it would be nice
for us to be able to correct this.... Mike

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Like ubar i love the jump racing game more than the flat and the jump side of this game Internatioally is inferior you got uk and irish one track from france and thats it i thought we would get more jump racing from around the globe and we only got one from France :( although i think i would leave the waypoint alone i would only do something i would regret perhaps in some future patch down the line Mark could gives us more jump racing otherwise its going to be a long wait for so6 :cry:

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I personally would like this guide, if you don't want it then you could just ignore it. As I have already said I woul love to be able to have more international jumps races. I love flat as well and one of the things I love is the international competition, eg black caviar coming here and the breeders cup, so I would like to have more of that in the game. Gone are the days of crisp coming over here, cross channel raids by Francois doumen and all the chaser/hurdlers going over to America, the likes of l'escargot, for the colonial cup and breeders cup steeplechases. But even if there isn't that much international racing in real life I would like it in the game, so this is why I would like to be able to edit and write wp files, to create courses I can't duplicate.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar I think you have made your own point. International jumps racing doesn't go on very much any more, although there are some European races I'd love to be included. This game is meant to replicate real jump and flat racing going on now. So having schedules and courses with races from all over the world that UK horses would rarely contest makes it more unrealistic and personally I'd question the quality of the horses contesting the races.

But each to their own, I can understand why you'd want it but for me with the game as it is it wouldn't add to it.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
Ubar I think you have made your own point. International jumps racing doesn't go on very much any more, although there are some European races I'd love to be included. This game is meant to replicate real jump and flat racing going on now. So having schedules and courses with races from all over the world that UK horses would rarely contest makes it more unrealistic and personally I'd question the quality of the horses contesting the races.

But each to their own, I can understand why you'd want it but for me with the game as it is it wouldn't add to it.

As a matter of fact the ebor winner trained by Gordon Elliot, ran in 3 USA races, including the breeders cup grand national steeplechase, and was second in the grade 1 handicap at Saratoga.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 pm
Group 1 winner

don't think it can harm anything if Mark put it up and I for one would love your schedule Ubar. :D

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 am
Group 1 winner

not playing jumps at mo but when i do will love to use ubars international sched adds a whole new dimmension

well done ubar great work

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

exxplozion wrote:
don't think it can harm anything if Mark put it up and I for one would love your schedule Ubar. :D

This is how I look at it- if you don't want it then you can just ignore it. It will actually help mark in developing the game if people like me and simpleminds can make a couple of new circuits he can then include in so6, so it's a win win situation.
Thanks for the appreciation of my jumps pack, all I can say is I won't be trying to do anything like that again- took me hours trying to hunt down the info on the courses and races! :lol:

Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
not playing jumps at mo but when i do will love to use ubars international sched adds a whole new dimmension

well done ubar great work

Paul- I'm leaving it up to you to make the international schedule, you're probably better at getting the right balance than I am, just pleased I could supply the new courses and showcases.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next