View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Combined schedule 
Group 1 winner

Post Combined schedule
Anyone managed to come up with a worldwide combined schedule that holds together for season after season yet? Or is there still a problem with the schedule editor?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:33 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Combined schedule
Nope, given up 'til it's fixed, load the default combined game, skip 5 seasons and you will see the same thing happens.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:43 pm
Group 1 winner

You mean the game crashes after 5 seasons with the default combined schedule that Panther put together?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 pm
Group 1 winner

GS63 wrote:
You mean the game crashes after 5 seasons with the default combined schedule that Panther put together?

There were all sorts of problems putting together the combined schedule, as others have found when trying to create their own since the game was released. The default schedule was tested for several seasons, and it worked, but there are so many factors that can affect combined schedules, so there's no guarantee it will work every time. I would wait until a few more issues have been sorted before playing the combined game, to be honest.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:52 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
GS63 wrote:

There were all sorts of problems putting together the combined schedule, as others have found when trying to create their own since the game was released. The default schedule was tested for several seasons, and it worked, but there are so many factors that can affect combined schedules, so there's no guarantee it will work every time. I would wait until a few more issues have been sorted before playing the combined game, to be honest.

Hope it gets fixed soon, although I bought the game on the day of release, I haven't yet started a proper game, as I have been upgrading the graphics/mods etc waiting for a bug free combined schedule....... I really want to play a combined schedule if possible, do you have any idea how long it might be before the issue is finally sorted Panther - days, weeks, months? :)

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 pm
Handicapper

I ran a default combined season for 5 seasons, to see what happened, and while the flat side was fine, the jump meetings had loads of races with no entries, and showcase jump races were appearing on the flat declaration page. :roll:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:20 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm working on a schedule that is reasonably international but I'm trying to have very little overlap between flat and jumps.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
I'm working on a schedule that is reasonably international but I'm trying to have very little overlap between flat and jumps.

Nice one Ubar, let me know how you get on.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]