View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.2 (Worldwide Mod)
When it goes to create the new game, it crash and not proceed to create the time form. What can be wrong?

I'm trying to play with flat + jumps game. But it also happens when I try to do a flat only game.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Just to update everyone what I'm working on:
Currently going through the UK courses to add in winning posts and update some of them to include new environments and what not (since there are a good bit of details missing from the default UK courses). I'm not redesigning them, but am doing tweaks to ensure they work well and look good. Once I get about a dozen done, I'll upload those as a patch here (these course changes will not impact any current games and do not require a game restart - they will work with any active game save that you have).

Just for an example of what I'm working on, I'm completely redesigning the environment around Redcar Racecourse. The default course had it in a mountainous farmland, but anyone who even looks at a map of the area knows its in the middle of housing as far as the eye can see. So now you got housing (and lots of it!) to try and ensure Redcar is how it should be. Other fixes are adding in the River Trent at Nottingham, adding in the A/W strip on the jumps bend at Musselburgh, and updating the stands at Bath and Beverley.
I've also made a fix to Naas Racecourse in Ireland to solve the bug that was previously reported.

---
And I'm not neglecting the jumps start game bug that still is a problem for some. I just needed time away from looking at schedules lol.

Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Yes, that is a rather romantic vision of Redcar's setting. A few secondhand car dealerships nearby would help the feel.
I've updated to the Worldwide mod. All well, but I'm back to a 40 yard run in for the old course at Cheltenham. The patch doesn't fix it.

Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 pm
Handicapper

Sky Pink wrote:
Yes, that is a rather romantic vision of Redcar's setting. A few secondhand car dealerships nearby would help the feel.
I've updated to the Worldwide mod. All well, but I'm back to a 40 yard run in for the old course at Cheltenham. The patch doesn't fix it.

Don't forget the famous farmhouse on Uttoxeter's back straight.
SkyPink - I wonder if the finish line on the EndChute for the hurdles course reset itself to the beginning... I have noticed the course editor does that sometimes.
ANyway I zipped up the two Cheltenham courses (mjtags's versions) here. http://www.mediafire.com/file/jkg5io0w4 ... d.zip/file

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:17 pm
Selling plater

Hi Bobsworth,

Thanks for trying, but that's not it. The furlong pole on the old hurdles course is where the 2f pole should be and the winning post is where the furlong pole should be. Unless I keep the original Cheltenham file in "courses", Cheltenham won't load. And if I run the game with just the original Cheltenham file the courses are identical to what's in the two new ones. Now Galway crashes the game. All in the latest patch.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:19 am
Group 1 winner

I'll check out Cheltenham and Galway this evening. It's probably a similar issue to what happened to me with Leopardstown.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Another small question.
I see in your US schedule that all turfraces on Saratoga is the Saratoga:cc_flatTurf1 which is the outer Turf, but not a single one on Saratoga:cc_flatTurf2, the Inner Turf. Lots of stake-race are on this Turf2 (Inner Turf).
Maybe not a world of trouble, but when time permits maybe you could have a look.

If it's any help I'm setting up the Saratoga for the moment and eventually hope to find out which ones. I could post them here later on. If you think so.
Might save you some time.

But of course if there is a reason for not using Saratoga:cc_flatTurf2 in the game, please tell. I have tested it on some races and it looks to work, but you got more testing than I have.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Stanley92 wrote:
Another small question.
I see in your US schedule that all turfraces on Saratoga is the Saratoga:cc_flatTurf1 which is the outer Turf, but not a single one on Saratoga:cc_flatTurf2, the Inner Turf. Lots of stake-race are on this Turf2 (Inner Turf).
Maybe not a world of trouble, but when time permits maybe you could have a look.

If it's any help I'm setting up the Saratoga for the moment and eventually hope to find out which ones. I could post them here later on. If you think so.
Might save you some time.

But of course if there is a reason for not using Saratoga:cc_flatTurf2 in the game, please tell. I have tested it on some races and it looks to work, but you got more testing than I have.

It was more of an oversight when transferring data over from SO6 to SO7 than anything else. These should be updated in next patch or two since I've already updated these on my side.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hello, I was wondering if the Start It mod adds non-feature races daily to schedules? I was playing the default schedule US game and by August there are NO races for my 2-year olds under 7 furlongs, and most of them are features. No handicaps to run my babies in! Does Start IT give more variety of races they could enter if I use the mod?

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:30 pm
Group 1 winner

hyperstork wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if the Start It mod adds non-feature races daily to schedules? I was playing the default schedule US game and by August there are NO races for my 2-year olds under 7 furlongs, and most of them are features. No handicaps to run my babies in! Does Start IT give more variety of races they could enter if I use the mod?

Although Start It does not add non-feature races, as that is not possible, the game does program more 2yo races at longer distances in Start It than in default since there are more featured 2yo races at 7f+. So yes, you should see more races for 2yos with it.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.3 (Worldwide Mod)
Start It 5.1.3 Patch is Now Available! You can download the update and add it directly to your game via this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/waqfsicc6fiiz66/Start+It+5.1.3+Patch.zip/file
** Make sure you have the Start It 5.1 Mod, Start It 5.1 Courses, and both Start It 5.1.1 & 5.1.2 Patches Installed (see first post).

This patch adds in winning posts for many of the UK and some Ireland courses. Also includes a completely revamped Redcar, a brand-new Chelmsford City, and a from the ground hyper-realistic Del Mar, for all you US fans. See below for what this patch includes:

Aintree - Added Winning Post; Added Banners; Added Environment; Added Princess Royal Stand
Ayr - Added Winning Post; Added Houses
Bangor - Added Winning Post; Added Judges Stand
Bath - Added Winning Post; Updated Stands
Beverly - Added Winning Post; Updated Stands
Brighton - Added Winning Post
Carlisle - Added Winning Post
Cartmel - Added Winning Post; Updated Stands; Updated Crowd
Chelmsford City - Completely Redone; Correct Course Layout Now
Chepstow - Added Winning Post
Chester - Fixed Stands; Fixed Infield; Added Train Overpass
Exeter - Added Billboards Near Winning Post
Ffos Las - Added Winning Post
Goodwood - Added Winning Post
Hamilton - Added Winning Post; Added Environment
Hereford - Added Winning Post
Musselburgh - Added Winning Post; Added A/W Strip on Jumps Course
Newmarket - Added Winning Post; Added Banners; Updated Scenery
Nottingham - Added Winning Post; Added River Trent
Redcar - Complete Revamp; Added in Full Environment, Winning Post, Fixed Granstands, Fixed Straight Mile
Ripon - Added Winning Post; Updated Stands; Fixed Course Along Rails
Salisbury - Added Winniing Post; Updated Stands; Updated Environment
Sandown - Added Winning Post
Thirsk - Added Winning Post
Galway - Added Winning Post; Added Ballybrit Castle
Naas - Added Winning Post; Fixed Track Issue
Leopardstown - Added Winning Post; Fixed Track Issue
Del Mar - completely redone

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hey everyone!

Let me first say that I love all the work you have put into this wonderful mod. I love Starters Orders ever since I stumbled upon it a year or so ago and have been playing it a lot since then.
I also downloaded the latest version of this mod and the patches (awesome work!) and I think I'm having some issues with it. Maybe I did not install it correctly, I'm not sure.

Although there are some new german racecourses added with the mod besides Baden-Baden (which I, being a German, like a lot!) I can't seem to find any races for those tracks? Not for cologne, Hamburg or the others. There are no races exept the ones for Baden-baden, and even there they seem very limited. The German Derby and other races from the main game schedule seem to have gone missing. I also miss Races like the Golden Slipper and Melbourne Cup, as well as the Epsom Derby and most of the featured races on british tracks.
Does this depend on which country I choose at the start? For example, would I have the full british featured races calendar if my stable was located in the UK?

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:47 pm
Handicapper

Hi mjtags11. Many thanks for beefing up some of the UK courses. You have got the Sandown hill just right... I could never get it right myself. With Newmarket, the Rowley Mile course i.e. the one that uses flatTurf1 and flatTurf3, dips downhill 2 furlongs out and then rises uphill again in the final furlong. It is known in the UK as "the dip". It is flat at the moment... would you mind drawing that in? I tried to do it myself but ended up butchering the stands and paddock area.

Lux Aeterna - nice to hear you are enjoying the game. The German schedule appeared with StartIt 5.1.1 along with the courses. Have you placed StartIt's schedule files i.e. the 'db' folder into the 'mods' folder. On my PC, I have the mods arranged as C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\mods\Start It\db\GER\. The German flat races appear in the flat-only games in the Irish and UK schedules... meanwhile the German jumps races are in the mixed and jumps-only Irish and UK games. Regrettably, the jumps-only games do not work. I supplied the European and Australia/NZ jumps schedules and myself and mjtags11 spent a lot of time trying to work out how to get the jumps-only games to work but without success. I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Hey Bobsworth - I'll see what I can do with Newmarket. I only used Mark's maps for these courses so haven't touched any of the hills and stuff outside of doing graphics edits. But I'll see if I can at least get a bit of the dip into the game.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi mjtags11,

Thanks again for a nice series of updates and for continuing to make improvements to the game. No-one need ever visit Redcar again! I can't think of a racecourse that's closer to the sea.
If you are to look at Newmarket again, there are cases in big fields on the Rowley Mile (the one with the dip) where the horses are running well into the stands-side crowd. This is the side they most usually race up in the classic races. I can't remember a Guineas field ever racing up the far rail.
The problem with the two mile hurdles old course at Cheltenham is that they start back round the home turn, instead of at the beginning of the home straight. No shute is needed for the start of these races. They start on the course proper. Is it a problem getting them to use the finishing chute? On the vanilla course, the winning post is on the turn out into the country.
Galway is no longer crashing, but they turn round and start running back after a circuit in my game, and finish in the trees. It looks like the race distance remaining at that point is further than a single lap of the track.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 102  Next