View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
You have to be praised for persevering with this mjtags.

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Tested the US Schedule out - works like a charm!!

Just need to make sure my other schedules work and we are good to go. One of the largest and most detailed schedules in the game. So far so good.

Will say, SO7 is a bit easier to mod test on than previous games. Which is a relief.

Also - if anyone knows how the Stallion file works, I’d appreciate that info - so far no luck at getting the stallions to show up at stud.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi, was wondering if anyone can shed any light on where I've gone wrong. I believe I've followed the instructions correctly, however when I select the mod from the dropdown, the middle option panel (jumps/flat/combined) disappears, so obviously havent!

TIA

Ed: I see this is by design. No problems then. :)

Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Did a major test of the US Schedule with International Races added. Works pretty well. Only issue that I have is that international runners dominate in the major G1 races. I’ve had the UAE Derby winner taking the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Breeders Cup Classic in my three tests with Canadian horses winning half of the Breeders Cup races. I toned down on the percentage of horses from outside the US, which seems to mitigate the fields being heavy international, but still a bit of an issue. Hopefully it irons itself out after a few years.

One of the big SO6 issues was with 3yos running in more Derby preps than they should. This seems to be fixed. More realistic progressions now with horses having about 20 days between races for most part and only racing 3-5 times before the Kentucky Derby. Most of the top horses races around 15-18 times overall, which is high, but also maintained realistic separation between races so it seemed natural.

So far so good. Next up is testing the UK, Ireland, and Australia schedules and incorporating UK and Ireland jumps.
Delayed a bit more til end of this week but closing in on the SO7 Start It.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I am excited. I've been waiting so long for this - hope it's all sorted soon so I can start up a game and series! Keep up the great work Mike, I appreciate how much of a struggle it's been but I'm so glad to see this on the horizon!

Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:29 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hi mjtags11. Good work in getting the US schedule up and running. I still have my files from the work I was doing on the UK schedules with Irish and French schedules integrated. You may remember I was having major issues getting jumps only schedules to work that I had supplied for the grand mod.
Earlier this year, I was upgrading Tomas's Southern Hemisphere schedule. I expanded his Australia/New Zealand and Japanese mixed schedules and the South African/Hong Kong/Singapore flat schedules. I spoke with Tomas and he was okay for me to republish my edits to his schedules. I have not published them yet as my own but I can send them over to you.
Thanks

Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:17 pm
Group 1 winner

All the schedules work!!! Finished up the Australian schedule last night and the UK/Ire schedule today. Now just need to add in a combined jumps based on the game default races (as I haven't touched the jumps game yet) and will be good to go. Going to do that tomorrow. Then just need to pack everything up and post. So almost done with this mod. And then I can play SO7 lol (once I learn how these darn stallion files actually work... they never seem to appear in game).

bobsworth13 wrote:
Hi mjtags11. Good work in getting the US schedule up and running. I still have my files from the work I was doing on the UK schedules with Irish and French schedules integrated. You may remember I was having major issues getting jumps only schedules to work that I had supplied for the grand mod.
Earlier this year, I was upgrading Tomas's Southern Hemisphere schedule. I expanded his Australia/New Zealand and Japanese mixed schedules and the South African/Hong Kong/Singapore flat schedules. I spoke with Tomas and he was okay for me to republish my edits to his schedules. I have not published them yet as my own but I can send them over to you.
Thanks

Hey Bob - definitely would be interested in seeing these, especially on the jumps/mixed side (since I've yet to touch that side of the game). Would be good to input that eventually to really have a fully complete set of schedules for everyone to use.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hi mjtags
I have uploaded my jumps schedules for the UK, Ireland, Australia, France, Germany, Japan and New Zealand. You will find them in the link.

For the courses in the 3D folder, could you check that you don't already have the courses in your current folder. You should be okay with most of them but I expect you will have existing folders for FR_Auteuil, IRE_Fairyhoue, IRE_Leopardstown, IRE_Punchestown, JAP_Kyoto, JAP_Tokyo, NZ_Ellerslie, NZ_Trentham and UK_Cheltenham, UK_Newbury, UK_Sandown and UK_Warwick at the very least.

The Australian course Sandown Hillside changed its name to Ladbrokes Park, in case you have that in your Australian schedule.

You should find no conflicts with the files in the db folder. For each one, I have added the 'featureRaces_jumps' and 'racecourses' .db files. For France, Germany, Japan and New Zealand, I have supplied the list of races and then it is up to you where you want to place them in either the UK, Ireland or Australia games.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mjp55sgzwgy9x/

Let me know if you have some questions or if there are any crashes.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:47 pm
Selling plater

Hi mate, is this from the 2018/2019 season? If your races are set to real life dates and in game days, I'll be all over this. I'm well happy with my flat sched but never got around to finishing jumps so I'll just merge in with yours for my game

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:33 pm
Selling plater

I see you don't use your cheltenham festival course now?

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm
Handicapper

The UK races are taken from the 2019-20 season. The Aus & NZ from 2019. The French and German races from 2018-19 and the Japanese races are from SO6.
I didn't see the need to have a separate CHeltenham festival course like I had for SO6. You will see that Cheltenham_old and Cheltenham_new have crowds at the finishing chute and sponsorship hoardings... resembles the Cheltenham festival. If you would rather use my Cheltenham course, then you can replace the featureraces and schedule files but bear in mind that the new course is on jumps/hurdles1 and the old course is on jumps/hurdles2. And the hurdles races for both courses couldn't use the end chute.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:28 am
Group 1 winner

It's almost done! Ended up working on adding in the jumps data from Bobsworth - need to do some things testing tonight, but so far so good. If everything goes well tonight, tomorrow morning will be spent zipping everything up.

The first version will be a Beta test - just to ensure there isn't anything I missed during my testing. Once we find any bugs that may come out and those are fixed, the mod pack will move to being full operational. Almost there!

Fri May 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Question - though I think it just might be my game, is there an issue with running a jumps only game? I cannot seem to get anything jumps only to open. Had no issue with combined game but jumps crashes no matter what I do (even with empty schedule it will crash before even going to legends screen).

Anyone else run into this problem before?

Sat May 02, 2020 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Question - though I think it just might be my game, is there an issue with running a jumps only game? I cannot seem to get anything jumps only to open. Had no issue with combined game but jumps crashes no matter what I do (even with empty schedule it will crash before even going to legends screen).

Anyone else run into this problem before?

Yeah, happened to me after using your courses in the start it mod, I had to reinstall the game and and i used the english courses straight out of the box and it now works fine

Sat May 02, 2020 6:33 pm
Handicapper

I was having trouble getting any kind of jumps-only schedule to work: Irish as well as UK. I had stripped both the schedule files and featureRace files and then feed them back into the game month by month. But they would still crash right at the beginning. Tested the racecourses file... nothing wrong there. Is there some kind of coding in StartIt that had assumed the presence of flat racing?

Pipo25... is that to say the jumps-only schedules on your StartIt game is now working fine after the reinstall?

Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 102  Next