View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.4 (Worldwide Mod)
axeracing wrote:

There was another issue with the UK Flat schedule i had. So far, 4 races at Deauville in December have crashed to desktop when loading. If i skip the race, the results show up fine. It just crashes when trying to actually watch the race. It isn't an issue with the track, as it works fine before December. I have no clue what is going on with that one...

I also have the problem when trying to start a jumps schedule where it crashes while building form. I tried 10 years, 1 year, no difference.

I will take a look at the Deauville December races and see if I have coded them out differently. Which 4 December races at Deauville are making the game crash?

On the UK jumps game crashing on startup, apologies for that. Myself and mjtags11 spent time trying to work out what was going wrong. The schedule and feature races files themselves are okay... I believe there is a coding glitch among the other countries' data that have been causing it to crash.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Handicapper

axeracing wrote:
I think i figured it out. Starting in November i started monitoring my mares in foal each day. On December 16 they started dropping their foals into the yearling folder in the order that i bred them. I'm assuming it has something to do with the schedule being longer than the vanilla one. So next season i will not start breeding until February and see if that fixes the issue.

Nice sleuthing! I'll monitor that as I approach season's end. So that explains the early foal drop for the humanoid players, but not the NPC owned broodmares who produce four and five foals a season. Is anyone else experiencing this? There's one NPC stable in my US flats save with a single broodmare that produced six foals last breeding season.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:14 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:

I will take a look at the Deauville December races and see if I have coded them out differently. Which 4 December races at Deauville are making the game crash?

On the UK jumps game crashing on startup, apologies for that. Myself and mjtags11 spent time trying to work out what was going wrong. The schedule and feature races files themselves are okay... I believe there is a coding glitch among the other countries' data that have been causing it to crash.

Dec 2
7f Prix De Granouet
1m1 Prix Lyphard
Dec3
1m1 Prix Grey Dawn
Dec 28
7f Prix De La Chevalerie

Ah, the joys of modding! :)

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:48 pm
Selling plater

marklaker wrote:

Nice sleuthing! I'll monitor that as I approach season's end. So that explains the early foal drop for the humanoid players, but not the NPC owned broodmares who produce four and five foals a season. Is anyone else experiencing this? There's one NPC stable in my US flats save with a single broodmare that produced six foals last breeding season.

I'm almost positive NPC mares have that problem in the vanilla game. At least in pre-game "building form".

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry for the long disappearance. With College Football, the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, and working on an online anime convention I'm doing marketing for that happens at end of October, my September was swamped.

I'll be catching up on the messages this evening. Hoping to wrap of the remaining UK course edits soon. Also trying to fix the jumps game, as fruitless as the efforts seem to be (I'll figure it out eventually!).
On the brightside, I did get to play the game back in August- got a nice string of championship level horses in my stable. Of course it did help me uncover some weird spots in the Irish schedule so I've been rebuilding that as of late. It needed some improvements on the amount of available races when playing an Irish based game.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

It worked!

If you wait until February to breed, you won't have any premature babies. :D

Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:31 pm
Handicapper

axeracing wrote:

Dec 2
7f Prix De Granouet
1m1 Prix Lyphard
Dec3
1m1 Prix Grey Dawn
Dec 28
7f Prix De La Chevalerie

Ah, the joys of modding! :)

I went through those races. On my file, I noticed that the Dec 2 and Dec 3 races appear in the featureRaces.db file as being in the month of November. In fact, all the races at Deauville in early December have the wrong month in the featureRaces file. Could you check that file in the FR folder? I'm not sure why Prix De La Chevalerie causes a crash.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:43 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:

I went through those races. On my file, I noticed that the Dec 2 and Dec 3 races appear in the featureRaces.db file as being in the month of November. In fact, all the races at Deauville in early December have the wrong month in the featureRaces file. Could you check that file in the FR folder? I'm not sure why Prix De La Chevalerie causes a crash.

Here's what i have in mine:

<NAME>Prix De Granouet<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>18000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>7.5<RACECATAG>CLAIMER<AGE>4YOUP

<NAME>Prix Lyphard<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>52000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>9.5<RACECATAG>LISTED<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Prix Grey Dawn<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>29000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>9.5<RACECATAG>CONDITIONS<AGE>2YO<SEX>CG

<NAME>Prix De La Chevalerie<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>18000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>7.5<RACECATAG>H80<AGE>2YO

I notice the first one is shown as a claimer? It was a listed when i was trying to run.

The only other thing i notice (not knowing exactly what i'm looking at) is the distances are x.5f. Is that a problem? If so, there are a ton of other ones in that file like that.

Thanks!

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:50 am
Selling plater

One of the things that would help the Irish jumps schedule is a career path for a slow maturing three mile chaser. That would be some lower-prize midweek bumpers on the smaller tracks from November to December. Some of the same sorts of races for novice hurdlers from January, including novice handicap hurdles from March. Once they go chasing at five or six, the present schedules just about work. In a separate thought, is it possible to place the stalls in the middle of the Rowley Mile course at Newmarket?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am
Group 1 winner

For Deauville - make sure the course file you have has a dirt course. I know older versions of the course did not have dirt available but newer ones should.

For Ireland - yes, that's the goal. I'm currently going through and pulling every irish race day that happened in real life - every fixture will be available in the game, both flat and jump (I hope!). This will give you every option that the real life trainers would have. There will be limitations, as we can't have claimers or sellers, but those have been replaced with low level handicap races. If the jumps game can work, there will be far more lower level races (and ones at longer distances) than previously.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
For Deauville - make sure the course file you have has a dirt course. I know older versions of the course did not have dirt available but newer ones should.

You may be on to something there. All of the Deauville files included in the StartIt courses download, with the exception of the crowd file, appear to be dated 2014-11-14. There are no updates to the track in the other downloads in the main post. Is there an alternate location to download the newer version?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:43 pm
Selling plater

mjtags,

It seems you are having problems with the jumps game crashing. Though I'm most interested in jumps racing, I always play the combined game. Picking up three and four-year-olds from the flat to go hurdling is a vital part of the jumps game, and the flat provides virtually all the stallions, as NH male horses are almost always geldings. I wish the game sent fewer group-class sprint stallions chasing. It is fundamentally unrealistic, as even on the flat, older horses in handicaps are most often geldings. To get two miles over hurdles a horse needs to get more than a mile comfortably, and most jumping recruits come from middle-distance and beyond.......the sort of horse that might run in an Ebor. I have continued to enjoy playing very realistic and satisfying jumps campaigns this way, without ever a crash.
Good to see you back.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:02 pm
Selling plater

Also, I would worry about claimers and sellers. In the UK and Ireland these races are for the dregs. They would never form part of a young store horse's introduction to racing.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:07 pm
Handicapper

axeracing wrote:
bobsworth13 wrote:

Here's what i have in mine:

<NAME>Prix De Granouet<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>18000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>7.5<RACECATAG>CLAIMER<AGE>4YOUP

<NAME>Prix Lyphard<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>52000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>9.5<RACECATAG>LISTED<AGE>3YOUP

<NAME>Prix Grey Dawn<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>29000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>9.5<RACECATAG>CONDITIONS<AGE>2YO<SEX>CG

<NAME>Prix De La Chevalerie<RACECOURSE>Deauville:cc_dirt1
<MONTH>Dec<PRIZE>18000<FORCEFIELD>small<DISTANCE>7.5<RACECATAG>H80<AGE>2YO

I notice the first one is shown as a claimer? It was a listed when i was trying to run.

The only other thing i notice (not knowing exactly what i'm looking at) is the distances are x.5f. Is that a problem? If so, there are a ton of other ones in that file like that.

Thanks!

I caught mjtags11's remarks about the course itself having a dirt track. I think my French courses are in the game. If so, Deauville and Chantilly will have dirt tracks.

With the Prix De Granouet, that looks like it should be a claimer, going by the higher prize money offered by the Conditions race.

7.5 and 9.5 are all fine. They signify seven and a half furlongs races etc.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:00 pm
Handicapper

Just in case, the course files for Chantilly and Deauville do not have a dirt1, here are my courses in this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncox996yk ... s.zip/file

Below is the course data in case the entries are not in racecourses.db for France:
<NAME>Chantilly<SUBCOURSE>cc_dirt1
<CDIR>RH<CDESC>FLAT<WORLDC>1794,242

<NAME>Deauville<SUBCOURSE>cc_dirt1
<CDIR>RH<STRMAXDIST>8<CDESC>FLAT<WORLDC>1770,239

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next