View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.4 (Worldwide Mod)
bobsworth13 wrote:
Just in case, the course files for Chantilly and Deauville do not have a dirt1, here are my courses in this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncox996yk ... s.zip/file

Below is the course data in case the entries are not in racecourses.db for France:
<NAME>Chantilly<SUBCOURSE>cc_dirt1
<CDIR>RH<CDESC>FLAT<WORLDC>1794,242

<NAME>Deauville<SUBCOURSE>cc_dirt1
<CDIR>RH<STRMAXDIST>8<CDESC>FLAT<WORLDC>1770,239

The entries are in racecourses.db.

The tracks you linked to are definitely different than the ones in the StartIt courses download. I will let you know how it works when i get to December (in the game).

Thanks!

P.S. I see the Prix De Granouet appears to be a claimer in real life, but it appears as a listed in my saved game. How that happened i have no idea. Thanks again.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:16 pm
Handicapper

Yes, the courses will be different. The ones in mjtags11 I believe came from the original game. I rescaled Chantilly and added a third track so it handled the chutes down the back straight. I redrew Deauville from scratch.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:26 pm
Handicapper

I am noticing that races that have been marked in the featureRaces.db file as "SELLER" and "CLAIMER" are showing up as "LISTED" in the game. I am writing a new UK schedule and it has just happened with a selling race I had coded up.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:08 pm
Selling plater

Well, i'm pretty sure the new courses fixed it. I say pretty sure because i did not enter any of the 4 races that crashed before. However, i did enter 4 or 5 other races on the Deauville dirt course and they worked fine, even the ones in December. Plus, i researched my horses histories and found that those 4 crashes were the only times i had entered dirt races at that track prior to installing the new version. I think it's safe to say that was the issue.

Thanks again!

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:39 am
Selling plater

Having troubles with my install...the courses are still the same default, I renamed the courses folder and copied the courses download into the 3D folder giving me my renamed folder and start it courses in the 3D folder, 2 separate folders...the start it download and the patches I copied into the starters orders folder but I thought it was supposed to go into the mod folder???
I tried to do things the same as on the video but idk
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:20 pm
Handicapper

Oncearoundtwice wrote:
Having troubles with my install...the courses are still the same default, I renamed the courses folder and copied the courses download into the 3D folder giving me my renamed folder and start it courses in the 3D folder, 2 separate folders...the start it download and the patches I copied into the starters orders folder but I thought it was supposed to go into the mod folder???
I tried to do things the same as on the video but idk
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hello Oncearoundtwice. With the mods folder, the only data that carries across into the game are the schedules which are in the 'db' folder. So, only place 'db' (schedules) data into the mods folder. With the courses, you need to place the courses into the 3D/courses/ folder. Before you do though, please delete the courses you are planning to replace. So, if you have specific courses e.g. FR_Longchamp and IRE_Cork for instance, go into the 3D/courses/ folder for the game and remove those two course folders and then replace them with those new ones.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:27 pm
Selling plater

Just keep crashing all the time. Should I make it clear. I should reinstall the game with delete all my past saves before installing the mod?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:44 am
Selling plater

I reinstall it, looks partly works as the name is changed to the mod, but not the schedule still remained as the default. Dont know how to import the mod's schedule? I am using UK flat only.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:05 pm
Selling plater

axeracing wrote:
Well, i'm pretty sure the new courses fixed it. I say pretty sure because i did not enter any of the 4 races that crashed before. However, i did enter 4 or 5 other races on the Deauville dirt course and they worked fine, even the ones in December. Plus, i researched my horses histories and found that those 4 crashes were the only times i had entered dirt races at that track prior to installing the new version. I think it's safe to say that was the issue.

Thanks again!

Next season i had entries for the Granouet and the Lyphard and all is well now for sure. :)

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:00 pm
Selling plater

smithpoon wrote:
I reinstall it, looks partly works as the name is changed to the mod, but not the schedule still remained as the default. Dont know how to import the mod's schedule? I am using UK flat only.

If you installed it correctly all you should have to do is select StartIt mod at the bottom left of the screen where it says "Available user mods" when making a new game. That should import the schedule for you.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:07 pm
Selling plater

axeracing wrote:
smithpoon wrote:

If you installed it correctly all you should have to do is select StartIt mod at the bottom left of the screen where it says "Available user mods" when making a new game. That should import the schedule for you.

Is it possible i cannot run a mod under Steam version?

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:13 pm
Selling plater

smithpoon wrote:
axeracing wrote:
smithpoon wrote:

I do not get how is the correct install method? I followed all steps.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:25 pm
Selling plater

smithpoon wrote:
axeracing wrote:
smithpoon wrote:

I have Steam version. It works fine.

I just followed the directions in the main post to install it. Seemed pretty clear to me. You have to install all of the patches in order after renaming or deleting your 3D/courses folder and then i recommend you download the 2 French courses that bobsworth13 linked to on page 98 of this thread. Delete the FR_Chantilly and FR_Deauville courses in your 3D/courses folder and install those 2 instead. I had an issue with Deauville and those courses fixed the problem.

Good luck! Once you get it working you won't be sorry. :)

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:20 am
Selling plater

Quote:
I have Steam version. It works fine.

I just followed the directions in the main post to install it. Seemed pretty clear to me. You have to install all of the patches in order after renaming or deleting your 3D/courses folder and then i recommend you download the 2 French courses that bobsworth13 linked to on page 98 of this thread. Delete the FR_Chantilly and FR_Deauville courses in your 3D/courses folder and install those 2 instead. I had an issue with Deauville and those courses fixed the problem.

Good luck! Once you get it working you won't be sorry. :)

Can load the courses, can load the databases, but not the mod's schedule? Really puzzled and frustrated...

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 am
Group 1 winner

Smithpoon - have you selected the mod on the new game start up page?

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next