View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
I made sure there was at least one page worth of stables for the countries I mentioned. I also ensured that the number of trainers matched the number of stables. I removed the flatonly.id files from those countries that now have a jumps schedule i.e. Germany and Japan. But, still, the Irish and UK jumps-only games crash on startup.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm finishing up my schedule. Some questions for anyone out there who knows...

How many tracks can you schedule a day? Is it still three?

How many races can you schedule on a card for a track?

Is the converter up and working right again?

What is the minimum number of trainer/jockeys you can have in your files?

Thanks.

Edit - I thought this would be a good spot to ask my questions so I apologize if I may be cluttering your thread with my post.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 am
Handicapper

Sirius. Yes, the limit of number of meetings per day is still 3. And a maximum of 8 races per card. I have seen no limit to the number of trainers and jockeys you can have. It was the rule that the number of trainers you had did have to tally with the number of stables. It was necessary on SO6 but not sure if that is a rule on SO7.

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:11 am
Selling plater

Sorry to ask a Noob question, but digging through 75 pages of posts is a bit daunting. Will installing this also correct the names of the default tracks that come with the game, or just the ones added by this?

It's also not 100% clear how to install this as the first post was really based on v1.0 of this mod. It would help to say if we install in a specific order and, if so, what order? Does everything go in the StartIt folder? What files get overwritten? I had thought I would just put each zip into its own folder, but it appears from the app that you can only apparently pick one mod (as far as I can see) to start your season with. Not sure how you select more than one.

Thanks...

Last edited by Agrajag on Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 am
Selling plater

One other question: Are mods basically supported by the developer or are they looked upon as reason to void support?

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:12 am
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
Sirius. Yes, the limit of number of meetings per day is still 3. And a maximum of 8 races per card. I have seen no limit to the number of trainers and jockeys you can have. It was the rule that the number of trainers you had did have to tally with the number of stables. It was necessary on SO6 but not sure if that is a rule on SO7.

Thanks

Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Agrajag wrote:
One other question: Are mods basically supported by the developer or are they looked upon as reason to void support?

Mark has always encouraged modding for these games. As the series has developed, he's introduced tools to assist with modding and has made the game's files much more accessible and easy to mod.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:51 am
Selling plater

Are these mods patch friendly .... because I seem to have a number of problems since yesterdays patch (the first patch since I installed the mod). Everything was working fine before the patch (except for one random crash).

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:02 pm
Selling plater

Are they things like shader issues when loading a race where it comes up with an error box with like, 3 shader errors all related to rail shaders, and then crashes to desktop? Or a shader error when the race is over and you hit Escape and then the game crashes to desktop? Because I'm seeing those. I have no idea if they're patch / StartIt 4.0.1 compatibility issues, but they are annoying. :-)

I'm seeing other oddball stuff, like a single in-foal dam giving birth sometime around 12/25. I think that might be an issue with just how large my savefile is though (slightly over half a gigabyte).

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm
Handicapper

Hi all

Here are the French, Irish and German jumpping courses and schedules.

I have laid them out according to the structure of the filing. So it is just a matter of overwriting the db folder.

The French and German jumps races are all in the Irish schedule. Some additional features: I have added new courses for Longchamp and Maisons-Laffitte as they have several pistes (as the French refer to them) and I have added the featureraces_flat file for France also. I have made cross-country courses for Compiegne, Craon, Pau, and Fontainebleau.

With the 3D courses, it will be best if you extract them to a different area of your file system and then delete the following courses from C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\3D\courses:

All of the French courses (FR) - I have replaced all of them
GER_Hamburg
GER_Krefeld
IRE_Ballinrobe
IRE_Bellewstown
IRE_Clonmel
IRE_Cork
IRE_Down Royal
IRE_Downpatrick
IRE_Fairyhouse
IRE_Galway
IRE_Gowran Park
IRE_Kilbeggan
IRE_Killarney
IRE_Leopardstown
IRE_Limerick
IRE_Listowel
IRE_Naas
IRE_Navan
IRE_Punchestown
IRE_Roscommon
IRE_Sligo
IRE_Thurles
IRE_Tipperary
IRE_Tramore
IRE_Wexford

Once you have deleted these, add my replacement courses to that folder. They should copy across without your file explorer flagging up a duplicate.

3D files - http://www.mediafire.com/file/atovb5doc ... D.zip/file
db files - http://www.mediafire.com/file/op7drd88k ... b.zip/file

For now, the jumps-only schedule does not appear to open up as there seem to be compatibility issues with StartIt's stables information.

Paulpot mentioned whether these mods are patch-friendly. If they go into the main folder, then no. Each time a patch comes, it overwrites the db folder among others. So, you will need to reflow my db files into the folder. This would not have been an issue had the 'mods' folder been fully operational.

A big shout-out to simpleminds on whose French and Irish tracks and Irish schedule this mod is based.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:55 pm
Selling plater

I could still use clarification on how to install this mod properly with S07. All I can find is examples of how to install it in S06 and that didn't have a mods folder to deal with. Are all three zips unzipped into the same core folder under mods? Do they get a separate folder under mods? If all under one, then in what order as several files get overwritten by each zip.

Thanks. I THINK it's working and installed, but I want to be sure it's right.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:56 am
Handicapper

Agrajag - did the installation work correctly?

It will be better if this can be written to the StartIt mod. It does not yet have a jumps component and I have written it so it integrates with StartIt. I have let mjtags11 know about this mod so he may or may not integrate it into the next version of StartIt.

For now, you can either enter extract these files to a new mods folder or wait for mjtags11 to integrate it onto his StartIt mod. Trouble with the first method is that the game might not load if it is on top of either the defaut schedules that came with the game or some other mod you might have among your default schedule.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 am
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
Agrajag - did the installation work correctly?

I'm not sure I can say one way or the other frankly. It SEEMS different, but maybe some things are working and others are not. I clearly overwrote files in my attempt to do it in a way that made sense to me, so I will always wonder what got overwritten and if that was important.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 am
Handicapper

I had got used to writing to the main game folders before the 'mods' folder came into the game. But some elements do not enter into the game. So, with my 3D course folders, it is better to delete those corresponding folders for the 3D files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 7\3D\courses\. So, from that folder, delete the folders for the French courses and replace them with mine.

Sun May 05, 2019 5:51 am
Selling plater

Hi,

I have the Start It Mod installed (at least I think it is installed correctly anyway, is there a way to check this?), and I have noticed that SO7 has had a new patch released, if I install the update, will I need to re install the mod? Or if I update the game, do I have to wait for the mod to be updated for it to work?

Thanks in advance

Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 102  Next