View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod)
A quick fix for Epsom is to open the course file up in the Course Editor and click export. For some reason, the course doesn't always work once downloaded, which is odd as it works on my end.

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Epsom crashes because of rails in my game

Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:08 pm
Selling plater

If a certain part of your game which you can identify makes it crash, and it didn't previously, just rewind and drop in a previous version of that stumbling block (Epsom crashes!) until MJ comes up with a fix. It doesn't lock you out of playing. There are a handful of people trying to keep this game going forward after the devs themselves pretty much decided to cash in their chips. Don't whinge them into giving up. Offer them a bit of encouragement and learn to work around your own problems. I have personal preferences, and I'm no modding genius, but I've pottered about by trial and error and personalised what MJ does to suit the form of racing I want to pursue. You need Notebook +++ and one finger to customise schedules, individual races, retained jockeys, horse and jockey colours. You have to deal with the way the games looks in the main game folders, and the way it plays in the mod folders. You can change virtually everything. Above all, there is an accurate and working version of pretty much every course somewhere in MJ's updates. The latest isn't always the best.
Now then, MJ, what's to be gained from downloading this latest Epsom? And where's that Newmarket with bushes, The Dip and stands-side finishes we were twitting you for?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:41 pm
Group 1 winner

For Epsom, it seems the issue is caused by DirectX 9. It works fine with 11. As always, if there are any rails errors, I recommend reexporting the course using the editor mark provided in the game. Generally, rail errors happened when trying to overwrite a previous version of the course. This is the best fix.

As for Newmarket, Sky Pink, that was included in Patch 5.1.3 back in August.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi

Forgive me as I am clueless, I do try :(

Having followed all your instructions, placing all the files in the correct places.

When I go to start the game it says 'failed to load sprite shader direct X11'

It was loading before I attempted to load the schedule.

Any ideas as to what I have done wrong :)

Cheers

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:45 pm
Selling plater

Hi,

has the jumps/flat combined schedule issues been fixed yet as i only really play on joint schedules, and i love being able to have the English / Irish / French / US / Australia with the HK, Japan, Dubai etc all available.

really eager to start a new long term save

thanks

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:33 pm
Handicapper

Hi

I’ve just had a devastating crash 5 seasons in to my SO7 game due to the bloody latest patch corrupting my saved game for some reason

If I do have to start again if the support/Mark can’t fix I’d like to give the start it Mod a try however I only play a combined schedule, love the jumps part of the game so as per above question is the combined schedule working yet for a new game using the start it Mod?

Cheers

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 am
Selling plater

Not sure if you ever did take care of that Turf inner-outer at Saratoga,
but looking at my own edited schedule (which is made from yours to start) I find that the same issue comes at Aqueduct.

The track got an Inner(Turf1) and Outer Turf (Turf2) but all your races at Aqueduct turf is on the Inner Course. I checked the last patch

Now I made some editing in mine and these are the races you might change to Turf2.
Aqueduct Turf Sprint
Bridgetown
Mizdirection
Memories of Silver
Atlantic Beach
Stewart Manor
Autumn Days
and the best known Woodhaven Stakes

Now you might not have them names like this or even got all of them, but Woodhaven for sure.
Since these are 6f races it might play in. If started on the Turf1 Inner course the starting gates are right in the corner, but when on the Outer Course trhey of course get a full strait before taken on the one and only corner.

Next time I do a full edit of my schedule I will look in on those Saratoga too and give you which races it is.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:03 pm
Selling plater

Where Is The Jump Courses For USA?
Springdale
Far Hills
Glenwood Park
Mineral Springs
Monkton
Great Meadow
Percy Warner Park
Fair Hill
Saratoga Springs
Brooklyn
Genesse Valley
Stono Ferry

Wed May 05, 2021 10:29 am
Selling plater

After series of trying, I finally can load the mod, but only work in USA area, the rest still unplayable. I am not too much involved in american racing, not really know the jockeys, like restart my career.

Thu May 13, 2021 2:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Oh wow ! I appreciate everyone who is still supporting this after I’ve been gone for so long. My life finally frees up for the first time in forever next week. I hope to be able to get to answering everyone and getting back to work. I hope.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Finishing up some touches to my new update and testing currently.
This will update UK & Ireland Flat and Jumps and US. All other countries still the same (France to be updated and added in jumps soon).

This should fix the Jumps issue (finally) and reduce the very long US load time. Will update more. Spending much of this holiday weekend (outside of the Italy-Belgium game) fixing, testing, and getting this long overdue fix out. Can't wait to dive back into the game.

This will keep the current mods for all other countries, including Australia, HK, Japan, NZ, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, etc. May also add updated UK/Ireland courses here if I have any new ones, otherwise those are off the horizon.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Got a question i just noticed that the conversion rates for Saudi and UAE are the same did you code this deliberately or was that just the game doing that itself? interested to know because working on a HK mod and might tweak the numbers if possible

Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:08 pm
Group 1 winner

So far so good with testing of the Flat Side! Some bugs to work out, but working well thus far. Still need to test the jumps side. Almost there.

LoganNew wrote:
Got a question i just noticed that the conversion rates for Saudi and UAE are the same did you code this deliberately or was that just the game doing that itself? interested to know because working on a HK mod and might tweak the numbers if possible

That is a good question. If I remember correctly, I translated all dollar amounts for Saudi Arabia, UAE, HK, Japan, etc to USD (since I'm US Based). This was all done in the game db files. Unlike with the four main countries, the game does not auto convert currency for other countries (as far as I recall).

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I stopped playing the game due to an illness. I have just started again and cannot load up the start it schedules. It only shows me the default one. Can you please give me a hand in putting the files in the right place. It would be very much appreciated as my rehabilitation is going to take a year. So might as well do something constructive. Many thanks

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next