View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
Yasmin Stott wrote:
Try delete the Deauville course in 3D folder in game directory and copy and paste in the course from the download

no luck :(

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:59 am
Selling plater

Any updates? I am waiting for the next patch to start a new game

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Sparty wrote:
Any updates? I am waiting for the next patch to start a new game

Same here. It's awful quiet

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Update:

Sorry for the continuous delays. It has been a busy summer for me which has caused an extreme lack of free time to work on this. Constant travel on my weekends and long work days on my weekdays has left me with minimal time.
The last month I've been trying to bug fix some of the course issues people have been having. After spending May/June trying to figure it out, it seems it stems from the courses needing to be re-exported. So I've been going through each course, one-by-one, making subtle improvements (mainly quality of life so that all the courses visually look cohesive) and re-exporting. I am almost done with the trouble courses (mainly Australia), and hope I can get this mod update out soon. I apologize again for the constant delays - I just don't want to release an update that doesn't solve most of the common problems.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Mj,

Don't apologize for anything. Your hard work and all of YOUR time you put into it make this game so much more enjoyable! Thanks so much!!!

Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 am
Selling plater

Hi Mj,

Have played starters orders for a long time and i have only just started to try the mods since i got starters orders 7. Finally got a normal pc instead of mac.

I believe i have done all the folders correctly. Triple checked before i did everything. Game works fine and everything is realistic and so much better then standard with the actual trainers and jockeys. If i sim all races it seems to be working fine but now when i try and watch any of the new tracks you have added it just shuts game down instantly. I play the AUS schedule and so far it has happened at Hobart, Launceston, Sapporo (Not aus but there seems to be a lot of races there). I can send through the rest as they happen but i am thinking it is the newly added tracks.

I think all of the modders do an unreal job and it makes an awesome game even better.

Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:52 am
Group 1 winner

Hey Pigeon89,

Yep! That's the issue I encountered and am fixing. The Australian (and some Japanese) courses need to be re-exported. I'm working through that, while also making some quality of life changes to those courses. My lack of availability is why it hasn't gone out yet. I plan to finish and send out the updates on September 21/22 when I'm free again (September 21 is the first Saturday since May that I'll be home so I'll finally be able to work on this with enough time to finish it up, zip, and send out).

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Hey Pigeon89,

Yep! That's the issue I encountered and am fixing. The Australian (and some Japanese) courses need to be re-exported. I'm working through that, while also making some quality of life changes to those courses. My lack of availability is why it hasn't gone out yet. I plan to finish and send out the updates on September 21/22 when I'm free again (September 21 is the first Saturday since May that I'll be home so I'll finally be able to work on this with enough time to finish it up, zip, and send out).

MJ,

No worries at all, i havent read all the posts regarding issues. Sorry if i just repeated everyone else. Haha i feel you on the no down time mate. Wish i got more time to play the game but pretty rare. Once again thanks for all your hard work.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 pm
Selling plater

New user here and I can't seem to get Start it 4.0 to work. If anyone could be so kind to lend me a hand.

I'm starting with a clean install (Steam version of SO7). I've created a folder called Startit in the mods folder. In this Startit folder, I have db and gfx from the Start It Data.zip

Then I've placed the 3D folder from the Start it Courses.zip in the main SO7 folder, overwriting some of the default folder.

Next, I've placed the entities folder from the Start it Courses.zip in the 3D folder.

And finally, I've copied over the folders in the Start It 4.01.zip patch to the appropriate folders above overwriting the old files.

When I start a new save, I select the mod, "Startit" and then select the country USA. All appears well until I click the start button on the screen where I pick the Legend horses to include in the save. The game hangs and dumps me back to Windows 10 desktop.

The default game w/o selecting any mods works. When I hit the start button at the Horse Legends screen, it creates the 1 year form. Everything works.

I've also tried installing the db folder from the Start It Data.zip straight into the default directory and I still have the same issue. It crashes at the same point.

Any advice?

Thank you

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:41 pm
Selling plater

There was a new update 4 days ago for SO7. Could any of these be the cause of the issue I am having? The game continues to crash on the initial creation/simulation of the 1-year form prior to game start.

AI optimisations to speed up autoruns etc.
Some extra lower handicaps replacing maiden races with field problems (not 2yo).
Possible lock up end of first season (usualy jumps) related to no Stallions available fixed.
Bug related to withdrawing prepped horses (if required) fixed.
Prep horse suplimented for race without considering current declarations and conflicts. Fixed. Disance and race value now considered.
Win table icon wrong (introduced last patch) fixed.
maxruns and maxwins fix.
Handicapping tweaks primary regarding Novice and Maiden runners. Lower ratings for poor performances. Feedback required.
Form book fix to allow correct browsing after returning from horse data screen.
maxruns and maxwins work with 0.
Layout bug on race card (occasional large gaps) fixed.
Breeding (global) Stud screen. Progeny group wins fixed.
Past performances (horse data) table jockey feedback icon fix.
Start year changed to 2020.

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:13 am
Selling plater

im playing so7. when enter the 3d race. game is crash.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:40 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Is anyone still here? I feel like the forums are dead.

It is dying a slow death I think. SO7 was the game that killed the series, sadly - unmoddable and unplayable.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:23 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm trying to come back. Been working a bit every day on stuff. Don't have as much passion and time ad I used to, but hoping to make some headway on SO7 stuff. I've heard it's very difficult to mod, so we shall see.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
I'm trying to come back. Been working a bit every day on stuff. Don't have as much passion and time ad I used to, but hoping to make some headway on SO7 stuff. I've heard it's very difficult to mod, so we shall see.

If you need any brute force help, let me know. I've got some time and interest. Would love to lend a hand.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Update: Race Data has all been collected. Just need to transpose into data file form and test.

Additionally, created new courses for Woodbine and Grants Pass Downs yesterday. Looked pretty good. Been using the new 3D entity maker to add some more realism to the courses. May revamp some older ones as well if I feel like it.
Just need to make Century Downs and Century Mile courses and I'll be set. Eventually will work through King Abdulaziz Racecourse as well, but a time will come in the future for that.

Hoping to release a Beta version this coming weekend for testing. Just need to put in the time to get it done.

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 102  Next