View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 National Spread - Help 
Handicapper

Post National Spread - Help
Hi

Can anyone shed some light what the numbers in the Schedule files imply?

Trying to tweak my flat schedule and hoping to get less UK runners in international races.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: National Spread - Help
During the development of the game, I asked Mark about the possibility of creating a device within the showcases files where we could specify that a race should only attract horses from its own country, but I don't think it was possible in the end. Reducing the number of UK horses in overseas races is a big thing for me too, as I am creating a much larger schedule for SO6, with a lot of overseas races. I created a thread in the SO6 BETA forum to ask Mark about the possibility of tweaks to the game's AI in this area.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:08 pm
Handicapper

panther wrote:
During the development of the game, I asked Mark about the possibility of creating a device within the showcases files where we could specify that a race should only attract horses from its own country, but I don't think it was possible in the end. Reducing the number of UK horses in overseas races is a big thing for me too, as I am creating a much larger schedule for SO6, with a lot of overseas races. I created a thread in the SO6 BETA forum to ask Mark about the possibility of tweaks to the game's AI in this area.

At the moment I'm usign my modded UK schedule. The national spread is this;

natSpread:0,2,1,5,5,2,3,1,1,0,2

What I'm finding is there are a lot of UK/Irish horses running in US/Canadian races?

Would I be correct in thinking; 0=UK,2=USA,1=Australia,5=Ireland,5=France,2=Japan,3=Dubai.1=Germany,1=Canada,0=New Zealand,2=Hong Kong?

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Unfuwain wrote:
panther wrote:

What I'm finding is there are a lot of UK/Irish horses running in US/Canadian races?

Would I be correct in thinking; 0=UK,2=USA,1=Australia,5=Ireland,5=France,2=Japan,3=Dubai.1=Germany,1=Canada,0=New Zealand,2=Hong Kong?

Yes. Would recommend upping the amount of US and Canadian horses in your schedule to help fill out those races.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The Duke wrote:
Unfuwain wrote:
panther wrote:

Yes. Would recommend upping the amount of US and Canadian horses in your schedule to help fill out those races.

The problem is, even with the maximum number of US horses allowed, you still often get UK horses appearing in random Grade 2 races at Gulfstream Park (this depends on the how many US races you're including, of course) in February, before heading back to the UK for the 2000 Guineas. It's very frustrating.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]