View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Football Discussion 
Selling plater

right then here goes. for the big backers i fancy a single on west ham at 5/4. plus a treble on qpr, notts county and gillingham pays around 7/2.
then for a small stakes acca on bristol city, hull, sheff wed, wycombe, chesterfield and shrewsbury pays around 47/1

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 am
Group 1 winner

I have two biggish accums going.

Man City WON 1-0
Liverpool WON 1-0
Arsenal WON 6-0
Tottenham WON 2-1
Man Utd USELESS MUPPETS DREW!
Middlesbrough WON 1-0

Rotherham WON 6-4
Crewe WON 7-0
Stevenage WON 3-1
QPR WON 2-0
Cardiff WON 4-0

Last edited by Harris Tweed on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 pm
Group 1 winner

I nearly posted last night get on Millwall even though I am Leeds fan. 21/10 were tasty odds for a team we always struggle against.

1-0 down already :cry:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:18 am
Group 1 winner

Fair to say Wigan have a long hard season ahead of them. Looked very powder puff so far, West Ham not far behind but imagine Grant has far more chance of righting his ship than Martinez does.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:39 pm
Group 1 winner

As a Utd supporter I am feeling pretty confident having seen Chelsea play. The score has definitely flattered them, that first half they were getting belted against an awful Wigan side. The Gunners are looking strong again but only when they are given space (like Chelsea), both lack a creative player in the mould of Scholes.

The fear I have for Utd is that Scholes cannot play week in week out now as when he isn't playing Carrick needs to step up, which he can when he's in the mood.

Chelsea have brute force, although less so now Ballack is gone and potential in Malouda. Arsenal have a superstar in Walcott but they are always going to struggle away I feel. Liverpool are a joke and if Hodgson had stayed at Fulham they would finish higher than the scousers, as it stands I would honestly be shocked if they finish higher than 8th. Man City need to stop buying players and get some team spirit, they've got the individuals to win the league now. Spurs are looking tidy as well but I fear for them away from home and the squad isn't strong enough to mount a sustained challenge.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:45 pm
Selling plater

chelsea and arsenal lack creativity :lol: frank lampard and fabregas ring a bell. for me the title will be between chelsea and man u. arsenal will look pretty again but will get outbattled as usual like last week showed at anfield. for me chelsea will win it but need to start looking at the future with lamps terry drogba the 3 main players will retire at the same time with not too much coming through.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Chelsea without doubt. Essien is back, Malouda has improved massively and Didier Drogba.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Fabregas is too inconsistent for my liking, should've sold him to Barcelona and reinvested in the squad, giving more responsibility to the superior Rosicky and Arshavin.

Chelsea have no strength in depth, who plays if Terry gets injured/suspended? Benayoun on the subs bench? Not for me.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Chelsea have no strength in depth, who plays if Terry gets injured/suspended?
Ivanovic.

anubisrich wrote:
Benayoun on the subs bench? Not for me

Benayoun is decent. I'd have Benayoun anyday over Nani or Anderson.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Ivanovic is a good player but how many minutes has he had in centre defence since he joined in 2008? But then, any more injuries and there are no centre backs! Essien can fill in but that was pretty disastrous last time. I'm reserving judgement until they play a decent team, Man City at the end of September will be a real test.

Benayoun is alright, I'd have him over Lampard for sure, maybe Nani although not Anderson because he is immense when fit.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 pm
Group 1 winner

I love football discussions because opinion differs so much

There is no way id have benayoun over lampard- he may be shite for england but his record for chelsea is second to none, quality player!

And as a man u fan there is no way id swap him for nani!nani has been shit yes, but only until january this year because he has taken a long tome to mature. D his performance against arsenal at emirates was top class he tore them apart and has been excellent fpr us since then!anderson needs to improve this is a big season for him!defensive injuries cost us dear last year so if we can keep defenders fit i think wel beat chelsea to title

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:39 pm
Handicapper

Anderson is terrible, not a patch on Lucas who gets ridiculed by every other set of supporters, at least the Brazil national side know who is better.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:25 am
Handicapper

As a united fan too i think we have the team that can bring the title back to manchester (or stretford for all the moaners), Anderson does need to step up this year because some of his mistakes he is has cost games. At this level that can't happen frequently.
I sometimes think why if we are in debt are we still paying out on players wages for players who have injury problems. Yes Hargreaves is a good player but if he isnt playing regular then he wont be match fit thus can't play. What ever ridiculous amount he is on a week. (for me if you love football and love the game then you don't need to be paid hundreds of thousands a week.) I think he should be let go either in january or when his contract ends, sadly same goes for Michael Owen in my opinion he's slow, and never fit enough to get enough games to sharpen up. Look forward to todays game, away at fulham is always a good game so fingers crossed we put in another good performance like newcastle and chelsea in previous games this season.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 am
Selling plater

lampard was the top assisted player in the prem last season followed by fabregas. creative yes :)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:27 am
Group 1 winner

You bash enough square pegs into round holes, one of them will go in.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next