View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Football Discussion 
Selling plater

accumulator tonight leeds, burnley, seville, luton and west ham pays around 9/1

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 am
Selling plater

anybody who has a paddypower account and would want to join my last man standing league leave ure email adress and ill add u

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Not sure what is involved mate but I will give it a go.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 pm
Selling plater

its up on paddypower at the min. ure first go with them is free. u pick a team to win in the premership matches eg man u vs city and u pick man u. if man u win u go thru to the nxt round but u wont be able to pick them again u have to choice out off the other 19 teams the nxt week. if man u lose ure out. to enter mine it costs 5pound got 6 entered so far so got 30 pound in it.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm
Handicapper

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 am
Group 1 winner

How about Brett Favre eh?

Ok, I'll bite, seen as it's vaguely football. I dislike Favre almost as much as I dislike the Dophins, Lilly Robbins aside obviously. His stint with the Jet's was just a pointless write-off and because he makes more comebacks than syphilis, there is a danger that that will overshadow the fact that he was, and vaguely still is, a damn fine QB.

RETIRE BRETT AND STAY RETIRED FFS!!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:25 am
So Brett Favre is like the New Approach of the NFL always saing hes going to chuck it only to return 4 hours later

Jets for the win

Get big Mark Brunell in there, the NFL's answer to Davie Weir

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:51 pm
Group 1 winner

edit: As this is the most off topic thread I can find I just want to say, how much of a legend is John McCririck?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Not a name I guess Joe will want to hear again but I must go all schoolboy on you and say van Wolfswinkel is a peach of a name. Cracked me up!! Must be one of the best soccer names around.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:55 pm
I thought that myself when i watched the first leg, and I said I bet he was on the Rip

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Desperately need a return after losing quite abit on Tasmeem yesterday.

Today's bet is a treble that pays 12/1.

Fulham
QPR
Shrewsbury

Good luck all.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 am
Rangers aFc made the front page of the Daily Ranger today with the headline

"BLITZED Manchester rioters get 16 years for worst night of destruction since World War II"

"Disgraced Rangers fans who ran riot at the Uefa Cup Final were yesterday caged for a total of 16 years. A judge said they were among thousands who did the worst damage to Manchester city centre "since the blitz"

further down it reads

"Many more than these 12(dubbed the Dirty Dozen) were involved and it had nothing to do with football. They drank the pubs and supermarkets dry and when the booze ran out, trouble erupted. Unfortunately the other 174988 got away with it."

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:00 pm
Selling plater

You know you are in trouble when at 90 mins a sigh of relief.......................a home draw with MILLWALL. Jesus, come on.!! :oops:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:18 pm
Handicapper

If Torres has a £50 million buy-out, why don't Chelsea just bid £50 million?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Probably because there is no such clause. It was only a tabloid rumour presumably based on the theory that the majority of Spanish contracts contain them and so Torres being Spanish must have one too. Fabregas doesn't have one and as I understand it, the buy-out clauses in La Liga contracts can only be activated by offers from other La Liga clubs so doubt very much he would have even considered adding one when he initially signed for Liverpool but maybe.
Obviously, Torres wants to go and I can't blame him but I can't see Liverpool selling him in this window unless offer is ott. They're not financially desperate and it would be in their interests to hold on till the summer and then see who else shows interest. Selling him to Chelsea would only hinder their distant Premier League ambitions and seen as, for example, Real Madrid have striker issues that I doubt Adebayor will resolve, there is every chance they could off-load him abroad. He may also settle into a partnership with Suarez, presuming he completes his deal, and do a Rooneyesque U-turn.
Given Arshavin's goal scoring record at Anfield, if Torres does go, I wouldn't be adverse to King Kenny splashing some of their new found wealth in our direction on the careless Russian!! :D

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next