View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Champion Jocky: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer 
Group 1 winner

I'm going to order this game when I order F1 and FIFA next week. Do people have XBOX version, and most importantly, fancy playing online sometime soon?

Yeah I'm on the Xbox, I'll give you a spanking at Fifa as well! :lol:

My bank balance is taking a major hit this month! Fifa, Gears, MW3!! Still hooked on CJ for now though! Just won the Breeders Cup Mile and now hitting the jumps season, is it just me or is a jumps race so, so much easier to win, I find that even if the horse is a hold up I just push on from the front and I'm never caught as long as I have a tiny bit of stamina and hit the whip about 500m out, anyone else find this?

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 am
Group 1 winner

I think Battlefield 3 is visually so impressive and IF the multiplayer doesn't lag, 64 players, it will be the best FPS ever. MW3 looked well behind in the Spring but the latest trailers have got me back to buying both. I think the two games could put Treyarch out of business after the embarrassment of Black Ops.

Champion Jockey is good but I think I prefer Gallop Racer on the PS2 still, though I dont play that anymore.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 am
Selling plater

I'd doubt either will put Treyarch out of business considering the turmoil at Infinity Ward and the stupidly high sales Black Op's turned over. With MW3 now having to bring aboard 2 new developers to design the game due to the mass leaving at Infinity Ward and Treyarch doing the Wii port it wouldn't surprise me if Infinity Ward was the one to disappear.

Either merged with one of Activisions other studios or supplemented with staff from other studios but keep the name going, regardless its just a shell of the former company.

Personally I'm just going to wait till early next year and get CS: Global Offensive instead, much prefer the CS games to anything else anyway.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:43 pm
Group 1 winner

I dont know the ins and out of it all, though knew there was an exodus from IW, but so many people bought Black Ops on the CoD name alone and a lot of people were not happy. How reviewers gave it such high marks was a joke.

I would seriously doubt that people will be looking forward to the next installment from Treyarch as much as these two games. Add into that Battlefield is a long term project with a HUGE budget then Activision could go, Treyarch wont keep them going

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:12 pm
Selling plater

Activision basically fired 2 of the founders and then over half the employees left prob to form another company under a different name, wouldn't be the first time in the gaming industry such a thing has happened.

Most folk buy games on name alone and know very little regarding the actually developers behind the scenes, the name is the brand as far as sales go. The fact Treyarch are doing the wii version of MW3 suggest to me that Activision may lean on them for this side of the COD franchise more in future with Infinity Ward now just being a shell.

The general rule in the gaming industry is sequels work based on the franchise name alone not on the quality of the product. EA and many other companies including Activision build their profits each year on such a ideal.

I do agree with you that Black Ops wasn't a great game but that's a non issue for a large chuck of players, it has the name and reviews said it was good so it must be mentality kicks in. As for why it got such great reviews well that will be due to the money Activision chucks at reviewers and the amount of inside coverage those reviewers may lose with a bad review. Most reviewing sites are either awful or can't be trusted these days its almost become laughable when reading Uncharted/Assassins Creed getting such high reviews when both are outdone by games released in the late 90's.

I also happen to believe the developers have helped in the dumbing down of games in the last 10yrs to cater to a mass market but that's a different discussion.

As for Battlefield 3 I hope it does succeed as I'm a big fan of DICE since their early days but as they are EA's baby and were lucky enough to be left alone (Shift in EA policy around 2007 helped with this) by them unlike many other companies they are indirect opposition to Activision. While they may hurt Activision and as a result Treyarch the former will still need the later to retaliate in future now with the seeming demise of Infinity Ward.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Essentially the two guys who founded IW were trying to jump ship to EA breaking contracts they had with Activision under the impression that Activision would be thrilled they would be considering this given the success they had delivered with CoD.

I think it's difficult to compare BF3 to MW3 because they are similar but massively different. Call of Duty is far more an arcade shooter, brainless type of fun. Black Ops lost that a bit for me, it was certainly balanced, fair, skillful but ultimately a bit dull.

I'd be happy to play anyone online at either game :lol: I'm a bit class at Black Ops though...

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:20 pm
Selling plater

If your boss was Robert Kotick wouldn't you be trying to jump ship. :lol:

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Most definitely. Activision are money grubbing so and sos but Ward and Zampella are a little naive if they think EA will not eventually try and screw them. It's business!

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:26 pm
Selling plater

EA have got better since the start of the Riccitello era, they are no saints but they have been trying to get themselves out of the image of being destroyers of great studios. The leaving certain published studios to their own devices for the most part (DICE, Bioware etc) and the stopping of renaming all new studios under the EA attachment which always seemed like a desperate call for attention.

Problem EA has now is they are so massive that they need big profits to keep churning and while they have started trying to produce original games its the sequels/franchises that make them their money regardless of quality. Its a thin line they are straddling and I think in the last 4yrs they have been on the right side of the line.

On the other hand Activision has went on a milking money policy out of everything, while Kotick seems to putting himself in the shop window in case the Prince of Darkness job ever comes up. :D

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:37 pm
Group 3 winner

gherkdrfc wrote:
I'm going to order this game when I order F1 and FIFA next week. Do people have XBOX version, and most importantly, fancy playing online sometime soon?

Gamertag: GherkUni

I'm going back to Lincoln either this afternoon or tomorrow and be there till Wednesday evening - but if I don't catch you before, I'll be on sometime when I'm back, but if you get beat stupid on FIFA, scores will be posted on here :wink:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 am
Group 1 winner

If anyone is looking to get this on the cheap i've just paid less than £15 here:

http://www.priceminister.co.uk/offer/bu ... -game.html

£17.92 on xbox there, use AFFWELCOME03 discount code to get £3 more off if it's your first order.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Can someone help me with make move on Champion Jockey please? Im so inconsistent at it? Is there a certain distance out or when i've lost all my stamina?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 pm
Group 1 winner

I kick early 500m out on a front runner, 400m for a mid field horse and 600m for hold up, All depends on pace of race and horse your on tho really mate. the one thing l like about this new version is the horses pref distance seems to be more life like as in gettingt outpaced and taken off there feet

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:31 pm
Group 1 winner

I usually kick 500m from home on a hold up horse, and 400m from home on a handy-front runner.

Start riding it fully, show the whip until you get to 400m, then go for the persuader and drive all the way to the line.

Tracks like Newmarket (Greenfield) you don't want the front-runners to get too far away as they are notoriously difficult to peg back.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
gherkdrfc wrote:

Gamertag: GherkUni

I'm going back to Lincoln either this afternoon or tomorrow and be there till Wednesday evening - but if I don't catch you before, I'll be on sometime when I'm back, but if you get beat stupid on FIFA, scores will be posted on here :wink:

Lol, I'm working lates and going Chelsea on wed so prob won't be around until my day off on Thursday but I'll add you then, I'll need to go back to my ma's and nick fifa off my bro!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next