View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 World Cup 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: World Cup
emeraldpegasus wrote:
Winner - Spain / Argentina / Germany
Dark Horse - Belgium / Uruguay / Holland
Top Scorer - David Villa / Aguero / Suarez / VanPersie

Spain Germany have the usual solid strength in squads. Spain for me has more magic to win matches and tournaments and the modern tactical games, Germany are technically strong but lack the flair

creativity magic of say Argentina's Aguero, Uruguay have Suarez and underrated Diego Forlán who has score 6 more goals in the world cup than populists Messi who has not scored in last Worldcup!
For me bookies always over rate Brazil lol

i bet on

Spain 13-2 Winners
Suarez 25-1 TGS
David Villa TGS 80-1 ew

Populists Messi? What does that mean?

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Spain looking unlikely now...

They were also looking unlikely when they lost their first match four years ago against Switzerland! A win against Chile (not guaranteed, I know) in their next match and they're still pretty much certain to get through... where a likely last 16 match against Brazil would probably now await.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Rubbish that Messi. Never scores

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:43 am
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Rubbish that Messi. Never scores

It's looking more and more like it's Messi's year. He was actually very poor in the Iran game, but was still the one that managed to get the winner right at the end.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:55 am
Group 1 winner

Chillie to stun Brazil you heard it here first 11/2 90 mins or 11/4 to qualify for quarter finals

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Chillie to stun Brazil you heard it here first 11/2 90 mins or 11/4 to qualify for quarter finals

If there's going to be a surprise result this weekend, I think it could be Mexico beating Netherlands tomorrow night.

Brazil have been poor so far, so I'd be happy to see Chile beat them, but I just have a feeling that they will find a way through.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:16 am
Group 1 winner

The biggest surprise has been Costa Rica. I didn't fancy England, how can you win games with Johnson, Jagielka and Baines all in the same back four? Have to score two every game to stand a chance of winning. Italy were very disappointing and looked tired.

No team has really stood out and once again the gap between the top and lesser sides has been narrowed. Couldn't fancy Spain as with many great sides they have got old and have no new blood in key areas. If one of Brazil, awful at the back, Argentina or Germany start to put it all together they will win it. Nothing original there and im on France at 25 but dont see them getting across the line.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 am
Group 1 winner

Sadly, I'm now starting to think it's Brazil's destiny to win this one. It's without a doubt the worst Brazil team I've ever seen in a World Cup, and I've been watching World Cups since 1986, but with home support behind them, they're finding a way to win (or not lose) matches, and that's really all that's needed. I hope I'm wrong though!

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
If there's going to be a surprise result this weekend, I think it could be Mexico beating Netherlands tomorrow night.

Well, I was almost right! Mexico were the better team by far, but the Dutch got lucky, thanks to yet another ridiculous dive from Robben.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Amazing match tonight, between Germany and Algeria - possibly the best of the tournament so far. I think Algeria have won themselves a huge number of new fans with that performance. I'd love to think that Algeria will be remembered as the heroic underdogs of this World Cup, rather than the painfully dull and defensive Costa Ricans.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
panther wrote:

Well, I was almost right! Mexico were the better team by far, but the Dutch got lucky, thanks to yet another ridiculous dive from Robben.

Definite pen and so was the other one in the first half. You cant dive in like that as a defender.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:21 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
panther wrote:
panther wrote:

Definite pen and so was the other one in the first half. You cant dive in like that as a defender.

Holland and Mexico should both have had one penalty in the first half. Robben is one of world football's best-known divers, and knew exactly what he was doing with the last-minute one. The exaggeration was hilarious and most neutrals are in agreement that it wasn't a penalty. Mexico outclassed Holland for large parts of the match, and at the very least the game should have gone into extra time.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Most neutrals are in agreement it wasn't a pen? Which ones are those? Ex defenders? He has over the years been a terrible diver and he did indeed exaggerate the foul for the penalty. All the same it was a foul. Marquez knew it was as well

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:11 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
Most neutrals are in agreement it wasn't a pen? Which ones are those? Ex defenders? He has over the years been a terrible diver and he did indeed exaggerate the foul for the penalty. All the same it was a foul. Marquez knew it was as well

The pundits in the studio afterwards stated they didn't think it was a penalty, and I've read one or two articles since that agree. The only people I've spoken to since then who think it was a penalty are those that wanted a Dutch win! I'm a fan of the Dutch team and I hope they beat the dull Costa Ricans tomorrow night, but it was impossible not to feel for the Mexicans after the performance they put in and the circumstances of the defeat. I started watching that match wanting the Dutch to win, but ended it cheering for Mexico as they were the better team.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:25 pm
Group 1 winner

First off it was on ITV. That scuppers that one. Secondly I could find 100 articles that say it was a pen. A lot of articles are just there to provoke an opinion and do so by saying that opposite to what most think. Football, like racing, is all about opinions. I couldn't care less who won that game or the world cup. If you dont think thats a pen then I wish you all the best watching football in the future.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next