View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Giving it a Go 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Giving it a Go
Just wondering where on my track I put the wrap. I tried to put it on the last WP but it never seems to work.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Look at this after 2 days I've got some nice looking cars on Caulfield :lol:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 pm
Group 1 winner

I've turned Caulfield into a half dirt half grass course.

I finally learned how to save and export, u got to save knock it off and then go back into it and export.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I haven't touched the course editor today, but can I just ask, with regard to the initial screen print from Google Maps and then the resizing in the editor (which is the part I've been having problems with)? What size of screen print did people take? I basically copied the entire window, pasted it into Paint, then cropped it down to only include the actual track and immediate surrounding area. I then saved this as overlay and attempted to adjust it in the editor (the 500ft scale diagram was 90 pixels), but it crashed several times when attempting this. Was this the wrong way to do it? Also, how important is it to 'mirror' the image?

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
I haven't touched the course editor today, but can I just ask, with regard to the initial screen print from Google Maps and then the resizing in the editor (which is the part I've been having problems with)? What size of screen print did people take? I basically copied the entire window, pasted it into Paint, then cropped it down to only include the actual track and immediate surrounding area. I then saved this as overlay and attempted to adjust it in the editor (the 500ft scale diagram was 90 pixels), but it crashed several times when attempting this. Was this the wrong way to do it? Also, how important is it to 'mirror' the image?

You must mirror the image as it comes on as a mirror of the mirror (so original).
Also, you have to save and quit first and then open and load up course to scale it.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

make a note of how wide the scale bar is e.g. 103 pixels

How do you find this out?

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm
Group 1 winner

meast32 wrote:

I downloaded "A Ruler For Windows".

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 pm
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
panther wrote:

You must mirror the image as it comes on as a mirror of the mirror (so original).
Also, you have to save and quit first and then open and load up course to scale it.

Ah, it's probably because I didn't save and quit out of the editor first, before reopening to apply the scale. I'll maybe try it again at the weekend.

The alternative is that I just try to edit some existing courses, as I mentioned in an earlier post, but I really would like to have Belmont Park with a 1.5 mile dirt loop, to make the US section of my schedule more realistic. The other major US courses can be created by editing existing courses in the game though, I reckon.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:07 am
Group 1 winner

Ok, need some help.
I have tried everything to get wrap to work and I can't. As soon as I get to the end of the WPs and where the wrap is, the horses go sideways.
Also, I have the WPs right on the rail and yet the horses race along the 3 path of the track, with a lot of room between them and the rail. Any way to fix that?

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11, try setting the wrap point to waypoint 7. You will need to use the alignment markers to make sure the horses run closer to the rails. There's info in one of the threads Mark posted that explains how to use them.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:23 am
Site Admin

Quote:

On google maps/earth (the browser version not google earth application) look to the bottom right. You should see the scale. It defaults to meters I think so will be something like 50m ___________ . Click on it and it will change to feet. Mouse wheel out one and it should read 500ft.

Also you should leave a border around the whole racecourse to allow it to look realistic with space for trees, hills etc.

The google image is important for tracing the actual racecourse shape and laying down the rails. It makes the shape of the racecourse much smoother and more realsitic.

Another tip is to mix the textures to create different effect (using the spray tool). This sprays down textures with decreasing transparency so you can mix (say turf and dirt) and get a realsitic look

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:21 am
Site Admin

Also when laying down a racecourse texture (say sand for dirt) it is usefull to use the floodfill points option. You lay down points and close it off and then click one of the two fill options (polygons fill is only used for rectangular areas really). This way if you decide you want to use another dirt texture just whipe the entire texture, select flood fill, select one of the points and your new texture and fill it again. You may need to tidy up edges with the hard box tool (using delete).

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:27 am
Group 1 winner

Alright, after a bunch of testing with putting the WPs in different spots, I have finally got the wrap to work. Annoying, but now that I got it down, shouldn't have a problem in the future (*knocks on wood*)

Quick question tho, what does the Parade course path do?

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Is there anyway to change the circumference of the track? I finished a track that was supposed to be 6 furlongs but the game treats it as 5 furlongs.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Do any of you guys know how to rotate an entitie (EX: Toteboard) when I paste it into the track and it is not facing the direction that I want it to?
Same with houses and other entities... I want to face a certain direction.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next