View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 pricing 
Selling plater

Post pricing
Just wondering why we need to pay extra for every add on in the game, absolute rip off.

Tue May 24, 2016 2:35 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: pricing
Well I was just into this and it's absolutely rediculous, by time you've paid to ride your horses which is main attraction of this game to me, and then bought all the courses, and then paid for your stable add ons. It's absolutely disgusting. Always supported Mark and this great game but not even I can with this!!!!

Last edited by Mikey1892 on Wed May 25, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 25, 2016 9:12 am
Handicapper

Further to my last comment, I've just worked out buying all the stable add ons, breeding barn etc, then flat British tracks pack and jockey pack is short of £20, with out buying the international tracks jumps packs etc or America etc.

Wish I'd not started because I've paid £9/10 so far and wish I'd not because £20 for iPhone game is madness!!!!

Wed May 25, 2016 10:19 am
Site Admin

In-app purchases have been used because following the rush to the bottom price wise on mobile games (driven mainly by casual games which this is not) most people will not buy a game that costs more than a couple of quid buy selling content via in-app purchases has proven to work. It also gives the player choice. If you buy the base game for 79p and don't like it it's no great loss.

The cost of buying whatever course pack you want to play is £3.99. The International pack is £2.99. The jockey riding licence is £2.99. That is just over £10. Most of the stable add-ons are not really needed. If you max out the stable size and breeding and maybe buy another course pack it's still some way cheaper than the PC version.

It's your choice what you buy. The price is displayed next to the buy button and clicking on the button is not compulsory.

It would be nice to give the game away for three or four quid but it's a niche game and would not recoup it's costs at that price. The pricing structure has been driven by the costs of development against expected sales based on previous sales. Unfortunately that is the reality of producing non casual niche apps in a casual game market. Games need to recoup their costs at some point otherwise they don't get made.

Wed May 25, 2016 10:30 am
Selling plater

I u defeated about pricing but you must admit this game is followed by a group of players who are dedicated to the franchise. I have purchased jockey rush on of and mobile I have starters orders 3 4 5 and 6

Keeping these players on side would be better in the long run. The pricing will most likely cause bad reviews which in turn may stop other players from buying. I personally would not have minded paying say £10 as I know what I was buying. And so would everyone else on here who have purchased a game from yourself in the past. The game is deep enough but funk the pricing is just excessive for unlocking everything.

Wed May 25, 2016 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]