View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Showcase Purse Issue 
Group 1 winner

Post Showcase Purse Issue
I've made a bunch of US schedules with a handful of the top UK races in them. I adjusted the prize money of these races to reflect their 2018 level. In game the purse isn't what I put in the showcase. For instance the Diamond Jubilee Stakes I made the purse 800k and in game it says 1,336,000. Same deal with the rest of the UK races. The other nationality features races are fine. It's just the UK races and Irish races. It appears to have reverted back to that purse conversion thing you had going on way back when in an old game version. Can you fix this please?

Mon May 27, 2019 6:27 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Showcase Purse Issue
Conversion rates need to be built in though, otherwise it would cause compatibility issues?

The four base nations all need to have prize money listed in the data files as their home currency amount - UK (GBP), Ireland (EUR), USA (USD) and Australia (AUD). I know that in the UK game, the prize money for US races is shown as 60% of the figure shown in the US data files, representing the old exchange rate at the time the conversions were added. So, I'm assuming in the US game, the prize money shown for UK races is roughly 166% of the figure shown the UK data files?

Perhaps the conversion rates need to be updated.

Mon May 27, 2019 8:36 am
Group 1 winner

The site I got the race info from had the purse converted to US dollar amount. This is a game. Make believe. Conversions for currency are a waste. Just make it all the same. Just my opinion.

Mon May 27, 2019 8:46 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
The site I got the race info from had the purse converted to US dollar amount. This is a game. Make believe. Conversions for currency are a waste. Just make it all the same. Just my opinion.

To be honest, from a personal point of view, I'd be perfectly happy with that too, as I fully edit all of my showcase data files from scratch anyway, so it would make things simpler for me to enter all of the amounts as GBP.

Just not sure how Mark will see it though.

Mon May 27, 2019 9:07 am
Group 1 winner

Can we do away with the currency conversion please? Like we had in the last games? I'm making a Australian schedule and have added Royal Ascot to it. Look at these screwy purses. The New Zealand purses are just as screwy. The Singapore purses almost double with the conversion. I really don't feel like editing purses over and over until I figure out what the right number is. Starting new game after new game. It's an unnecessary inconvenience. Thanks for considering. I beg you please consider.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 am
Handicapper

I just made an Australian schedule and after converting to the Australian dollars myself from the original currency, I then had to do:

USA does not need converting
UK divided by 2.87
NZ divided by 1.67
HK divided by 1.67
Dubai divided by 1.67
Japan divided by 1.67
France divided by 1.67

To get the amounts almost right in game. They're a few dollars out here and there because it seems to be a much longer decimal being used.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]