View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 What problems will be fixed in the next patch. 
Selling plater

Post What problems will be fixed in the next patch.
What problems will be fixed in the next patch.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:25 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What problems will be fixed in the next patch.
Unfortunately I can't see many of the issues that still exist with things such as the AI entries, owner mode and jumps game being looked at any further.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:21 pm
Selling plater

Think mark as already stated he is thinking of changing the easy mode breading back to SO6 model. What problems have you in mind that you would like changing?

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:09 pm
Group 1 winner

There are a few posts on the Development forum I've posted about the things that I personally feel still need looking at or that could really improve the game.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:39 pm
Group 3 winner

qwsa wrote:
There are a few posts on the Development forum I've posted about the things that I personally feel still need looking at or that could really improve the game.

I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet with regard to what has needed looking at ever since SO7 was released. I will be miffed if the points we've been banging on about, properly re-written stock schedule included, suddenly appear in the DLC that Mark mentioned. I've already paid top dollar for the game, all I want remedying are the things that the game was sold as already having but were actually lacking.

It's an excellent gamer, but, could be absolutely superb with the right corrective treatment. I think Longhaulharry hit the nail on the head when he said that new players could well have been easily put off by the failings of the game which do unfortunately detract from what is otherwise quite addictive.

I do have to say that the mention of DLC in Mark's post was a bit disconcerting if it is going to be used to charge for a remedy to the faults inherent in the game since release.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:01 am
Selling plater

From my gaming experiences over the years, buying a DLC requires a new game to be started. I may be wrong but that is what I have been used to. And I would not be certain many people (and certainly not me, right now) would want to abandon a save they have put many hours into. Patches however allow you to carry on playing that save you have started.

As we have seen on another thread we have been contributing to neves_rats, everyone plays this game differently. So whatever changes or course of direction the developer takes, not everyone will be satisfied. I agree with you, problems/issues need to be put right via a patch or series of patches. The developer is also right to make some parts of SO7 more like SO6, especially for new players and casual players. Put these things right and the game could flourish, especially as it is on Steam now - where news spreads fast (both good and bad).

The game, as it stands, needs only tweaking to move from good to excellent in my opinion.

Would I pay for a DLC loaded with a shed full of new features ? Yes, eventually, when ready to start a new game (which could be a long way off).

Short term growth/sustainability may be achievable for the developer by getting new players hooked - and that will only happen by making easy level easy and curing the launch issue on Steam. But if we all want this series to keep on running long into the future, we all also need to support it. I would happily pay out affordable amounts a few times a year on patches (though I play on Steam and have no idea how that would work). Before people think I am mad I will quickly explain two things I have experienced over the years. I have played quite a few games on laptop, but only two ever really stuck (until SO7 which is the third). The first game/series did not issue DLC's but brought out a new version annually which meant a complete re-start. With each issue the game got more and more annoying (not to be mistaken for difficult). It is to this day a top seller, but their customer base is somewhat different to SO7. The second game/series is the opposite and can quite easily produce 2/3 DLC's a year plus add on's to increase 'flavour'. None of these things actually improve the game much from three years ago, and whilst still a successful game, you need deep pockets and be an absolute fanatic to keep going with it. I play neither of these games anymore after I guess almost twenty years in total.

So my wish is that SO7 just keeps slowly developing. Let's have things working properly (currently get featured races only notified for followed horses, still can only enter auctions at end of race day). Let's have the game broadened out a bit (a few more lower class races for those of us not always chasing gold stars eh neves_rats). And beyond that, yes DLC's occasionally to enhance the game without having to smash up everything that came before it.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:43 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree with some of the points above. I think there have been a number of suggestions for what seem to me at least obvious and relatively simple additions or amendments to the game that would undoubtedly improve the game that have gone ignored, or just haven't been implemented. If the reason for this is anything related to a lack of funds to keep developing the game with small and simple amendments that do however take time and are only updated through patches and therefore not worth doing for Mark, then I absolutely would support the game further financially by paying for such updates and amendments to be made, if they are the types of updates the game needs in order to improve and become even more realistic. To have a horse racing game as Starters Orders has the potential to be I would be more than happy to pay more to help bring out this potential. The game is already great but the lack of development and improvements in certain areas is very frustrating for long time players, and doesn't do much to attract new players I think.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:23 pm
Selling plater

I have seen your threads regarding development of SO7 for some time now and applaud you for the effort and passion in beating your particular drum.

Perhaps the answer is a series of DLC over a period of time. Some want changes to owner mode. Others to breeding. Others to size of database and schedules. I know there are players who get very frustrated when a certain bend on a certain racecourse is in the wrong place. None of which are a particular 'issue' for me at this moment, but in the future I would likely purchase the additions in order to own the full and complete game. Just as long as I was not left feeling as if I was victim of a money making machine, as happened with the other pc game I mentioned before.

Of course, this would lead to discussions/arguments as to what should have been in the game from day one but only the developer can field those issues. He has also been successful in moving the game along over the years and could probably do with more feedback from players as to what they would see as the way forward.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]