View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 STARTERS ORDERS 2 QUESTION 
Selling plater

Post STARTERS ORDERS 2 QUESTION
Edit post Reply with quote
Post STARTERS ORDERS 2 QUESTION
Hi Guys,
Any help with this would be much appreciated please.
I have been playing SO2 since it's release and still am using an old pc primarily used for this game as it struggles badly with later versions of Windows so I bit the bullet and bought a pc just to play this game crazy hey but that's his much I love it lol.
What I am trying to achieve is updating the jockeys list to jockeys who are riding now and remove all the ones that have retired to make it more authentic so to speak.
The problem is that I have very limited programming knowledge and don't know where to start really?
I think the guy that done the graphics overhaul for SO2 was a guy called JC NIGHT if I remember rightly and if you are still active on this forum could you or mark please contact me or reply to my message.
If this is an easy process for noobs like me i would also like to change the newcastle course to all weather only as it is now and maybe lingfield having 2 tracks one all weather and one turf as they do have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Best regards to you all,

Tonylaf.

Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: STARTERS ORDERS 2 QUESTION
It's a while since I did any modifying to SO2 so I might be a bit rusty in that respect, we are alike in thinking that this is the best version, unfortunately I don't know how long I can keep playing it as my computer is about to die, in Safe Mode at the moment, I'm getting a new one but it will be Windows 10 so that could be a problem. If I get it working I'll be in touch.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: STARTERS ORDERS 2 QUESTION
tonylaf wrote:
Edit post Reply with quote
Post STARTERS ORDERS 2 QUESTION
Hi Guys,
Any help with this would be much appreciated please.
I have been playing SO2 since it's release and still am using an old pc primarily used for this game as it struggles badly with later versions of Windows so I bit the bullet and bought a pc just to play this game crazy hey but that's his much I love it lol.
What I am trying to achieve is updating the jockeys list to jockeys who are riding now and remove all the ones that have retired to make it more authentic so to speak.
The problem is that I have very limited programming knowledge and don't know where to start really?
I think the guy that done the graphics overhaul for SO2 was a guy called JC NIGHT if I remember rightly and if you are still active on this forum could you or mark please contact me or reply to my message.
If this is an easy process for noobs like me i would also like to change the newcastle course to all weather only as it is now and maybe lingfield having 2 tracks one all weather and one turf as they do have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Best regards to you all,

Tonylaf.

To change the Jockey and Trainer names it's just a matter of opening their relative text documents, with notepad, in the data\edited names folder, be sure to look at the read me first text. As for changing the courses I'll have to think a bit harder for that.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]