View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Jockeys pulling reins in stretch! 
Selling plater

Post Jockeys pulling reins in stretch!
Ive seen this far too often. The horse has a 4-5 length lead at the furlong pole looks like he's going to romp and take the race and then the jockey pulls on the reins like he is slowing the horse down.... WHY??? Tell me when in real horse racing do you see this at the 1 furlong pole or anywhere in the stretch except when the horse is winning by a huge margin and they ease the horse before crossing the finish line.
There is something up with this as Ive seen it far too often, its like its scripted to happen my horse and then some massive longshot 30 rating points below mine blows by my horse and wins. I doubt this will be answered, but I am curious. This is almost game breaking for me. Not realistic whatsoever.

Was this fixed for SO7? Because I am still using SO6 because all the mods and im in the middle of a career here and I really dont want to have to reinstall everything all over again...

This is just one example of strange things jockeys do that are not realistic by any means.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Jockeys pulling reins in stretch!
You also see this when approaching the final 2 furlongs. You will see your horse just cruising up to the leaders then jockey takes a pull, takes it back into pack and then cant catch up to leaders again.c

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:55 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Jockeys pulling reins in stretch!
I would love an explanation of this.. Seems as if the developer is M.I.A. when it comes to SO6... Its strange I never noticed this before, maybe I was just forwarding to the stretch run more often then watching the entire race..... in the game shows a replay the final stretch run you dont really see it happen... its almost like the game is doing it on purpose to put your horse is a predestined position...if thats the case then that's pretty sad because how can one tell if the horse is really ready for the distance or what if the jockey is pulling up 200 yards before the finish while its in the lead... seems like the logic is a bit off here.

Does anyone know if this happens in SO7 too?

I'm very surprised someone replied to the post here... i figured this forum was pretty much dead.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]