View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Improvements to schedule and AI 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Improvements to schedule and AI
But everyone wants something different from a schedule. I think the real life jumps schedule doesn't really work in this game and so u either put up with it because u like real life schedule or u have to do the work uself. My two games my US/OZ flat game is perfect and so is my UK/OZ jump game is also perfect because I got it the way I want it. The only way a schedule will be perfect is if u put in the time uself.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 am
Group 1 winner

The bigger issue that this thread is discussing is AI entries, most notably that horses run too often. This leads to most of the big races having unrealistic fields, we are suggesting ways that we feel could improve this, that wouldn't hinder anyone elses enjoyment of the game but instead make it more realistic for everyone.

I'd be interested in seeing some screenshots of your schedules and perhaps screenshots of some big race fields, if you would be happy to post them?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:46 pm
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
Wow u boys want everything done for u, u can make any race stronger if u prep it up uself that doesn't take very long and u can mess and write races uself. There is not one race in my US game i've not done myself and it doesn't take ages to do. If u want something done then do it uself, it's not hard to do.

As updated schedule was one of the selling points of the game, SO7 edition, and, I would have absolutely no idea where to start, and more importantly, am not prepared to do so to produce something that I have technically already paid for. I actually don't want much, as with most people, I merely want what was paid for, nothing more, nothing less. Your point is like saying, why ask for any changes as you can always do them yourself, which I'm sure you can if you know what you are doing.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Group 2 winner

I like what mark has done with the game up to now, as every patch he has released has been for game play, and I think that is a good reason to rejoice to say the least, thanks to qwsa & Hechicera for raising the issues that are most important for game play mate.

That is my view so I hope I am welcome to it.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm
Group 1 winner

The new patch seems to have definitely helped, race entries look better. The game is definitely always improving, which is great!

I think the way Teleprompter made his point was what the problem was, he argued for handicap ratings after one run and would hear nothing else, whilst others argued that that wasnt the solution but rather a fix to the AI was, which has proven to be the case.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 am
Group 1 winner

I've noticed that because generally the ratings that 2 year olds get tend to be quite low, horses that win listed races as 2 year olds often then run in late season handicaps that are H100 or H105 handicaps, as well as in early season 3 year old handicaps. I think its a little unrealistic for listed runners to then run in handicaps. This again plays into horses being overraced. I remember that there was something in previous versions that essentially made horses that had won in a certain class of race, not then run in races of a lower class. I don't know if this is still the case in so7, but it doesn't seem to be with the 2 year olds particularly.

I think if the late season 2 year old handicaps the game has in the schedule were reduced to perhaps H90 or H85 maximums this would make pattern race winners ineligible for these races and prevent them from running, and would also then give more races for lower class horses to run in at the end of the season, as it does tend to be lower class horses that run a lot and better horses that run less in real life. Similarly with early season 3 year old handicaps, which could also be lower rating handicaps.

I don't want to come across as something wanting everything done for me, or for asking too much, but I'm just raising issues that I feel could be improved as I encounter them, whilst playing, which recently I've had a lot of time to play.

Thanks

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am
Group 1 winner

Mark, there still seems to be a bug in relation to first time out winners of maidens or novices being ineligle for novice races. This can be seen in AI horses who win first time out and don't then run in novices, and also I have now had some first time out winners of maidens and novices and then when i go to the declarations page, I am unable to enter them into novices. This must be a bug as these horses should be able to run in novices still.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
and also I have now had some first time out winners of maidens and novices and then when i go to the declarations page, I am unable to enter them into novices. This must be a bug as these horses should be able to run in novices still.

Please send in a save as this was tested and ok here.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am
Group 1 winner

How do I send in saves? Sorry, I haven't done it before. Can first time out winners in anyone elses games run in novices.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:16 am
Group 3 winner

qwsa wrote:
How do I send in saves? Sorry, I haven't done it before. Can first time out winners in anyone elses games run in novices.

First time out winners have now started to appear in Novice races in my game. Novices are now starting to not be entirely devoid of runners, though some still are but it's early doors in the season which would explain that, so progress is being made.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:53 am
Group 1 winner

Thats strange. I'm still not seeing any first time winners in novice races. Can anyone let me know how to send in saved games?
Thanks

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:12 pm
Group 2 winner

qwsa wrote:
Thats strange. I'm still not seeing any first time winners in novice races. Can anyone let me know how to send in saved games?
Thanks

Not done it myself but this is Mark's "how to".
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17440

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Thank you, I'lll give it a go.

Neves_rat would you be able to send me the schedule you use, so I can see if it is a problem with my schedule?

Thanks

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:31 pm
Handicapper

Since the last couple of patches the field sizes have dramatically reduced in my game so much that there are a lot of walkovers and void races happening.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:52 pm
Group 3 winner

qwsa wrote:
Thank you, I'lll give it a go.

Neves_rat would you be able to send me the schedule you use, so I can see if it is a problem with my schedule?

Thanks

I just use the stock schedule mate

Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next